TSS or Aerocharger??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay guys i would like to hear from folks that have rode both and what the differences are. I hear great things about both so would like to hear from fellow sledders that have has some seat time.
Please only the difference between the two as far as responce , ease of tuning and problems if any.
I read alot of good things about each product but what makes one better than the other.
From someone that doesn't own one and looking at purchasing i would just like some real world comparison.
I will be installing myself and so far it looks like Aero is the one that is working with BRP the most.
Not knocking TSS at all and this is the reason for this thread.
Thanks in advance and look forward to some great insite.;)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know where I stand on this...lol.... I driven most of them and they all work well when working, the difference is support when things go bad... found that aerocharger at low boost is hard to beat on hp and spool ...... we seen 57mph with 8 tooth drivers with the tss at 8lbs... aero does that at lower boost and the higher you boost the higher the charge temps and higher octane fuel will be needed, as for reliability both have happy customers... pick your cool-aid

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fred . As far as the lower boost level and producing the same do you think it could possibly be the bored throttle bodies or something else that has been modified on your sled?
Or is this something you and other fellow builders have seen on other sleds as well. Lowest boost and best HP is what i am looking for.
Hopefully BRP doesnt screw with the 2014's mapping or cylinders to much. They always seem to say they don't but different part # seem to happen. LOL
Have you changed the porting on yours or domes? PM me if you don't want to answer on forum.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't driven either. I like things about both kits. I like the way with the aero you don't need an additional mechanical system with the oil pump
To lube the turbo. I don't see how the aero can build more power to pound of boost then the TSS. I believe both turbos are close to the same flow rate, plus TSS is running an water to air to cool air intake temps from what I understand. I also like the way TSS is running the boost-it box. If you do have engine problems and take a turbo out, the garret is alot Cheaper to replace then the aero is. i would assume also cheaper to repair, but i do not know. I also like that TSS is a canadian company.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 2200 KM on my TSS, I can honestly say my turbo experiment has so far been a success. I have yet to have an issue and i never have to tinker or wrench, or play with the boost it box. It runs awesome, responds awesome and has zero low end lag. I would easily put a TSS on another ski doo after the experience i've had. Not to mention supporting a Canadian company and having such awesome back up from the Whole TSS gang. They stand behind their product and support you. Any questions I've had have been answered and then some. Awesome service, Awesome Product, Period.

I will say that you might as well spend the extra $1k and get them to install it. The makers of the kit installing the kit = Win in my books.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 2200 KM on my TSS, I can honestly say my turbo experiment has so far been a success. I have yet to have an issue and i never have to tinker or wrench, or play with the boost it box. It runs awesome, responds awesome and has zero low end lag. I would easily put a TSS on another ski doo after the experience i've had. Not to mention supporting a Canadian company and having such awesome back up from the Whole TSS gang. They stand behind their product and support you. Any questions I've had have been answered and then some. Awesome service, Awesome Product, Period.

I will say that you might as well spend the extra $1k and get them to install it. The makers of the kit installing the kit = Win in my books.

X2. The guys are definitely great to deal with. The only thing i have you don't is a low end bog if i pin it from a dead stop. I recently had a the ECM RE-flashed with 2013 fuel map (my sled is an XP) to try and rectify it, but with little change. Going cold air next to see if that helps.
i also like the fact the Aero is nice and compact with no extra oil pump, etc. cool little set up.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pfi I can let yea know after this weekend for the aerocharger kit. We just finished up a install for a 2013 xm with the snow to air inter cooler. Install was a breeze, fit and finish was really good. Didn't really have to modify any of the parts they supplied like other kits. We plan on keeping it low boost/pump gas for reliability. On the hoist it sounded great, not obnoxiously loud at all. Will be out in golden, mayby revy this weekend.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx all that have replied. It is nice to hear from sledders that actually have them and riding it.
Keep the info coming and completely agree about keeping it Canadian if a person can.
If performance is the same and pricing I will most likely go that route. TSS

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bored bodies did not do much I feel at the lower boost, once higher boost and higher charge temps is when there advantage will show, yes others have reported on hp /boost advantage , dynotech had a good report on it a while back, so far this year I have been running aero lowest boost spring around five on the gauge and at this boost91 pump fuel is all that has been needed at the elevation I have been running at, we have a trask/tss boostit turbo conversion for sale, also a new trask kit for sale as well a boondocker kit if interested pm me
Thanks Fred . As far as the lower boost level and producing the same do you think it could possibly be the bored throttle bodies or something else that has been modified on your sled?
Or is this something you and other fellow builders have seen on other sleds as well. Lowest boost and best HP is what i am looking for.
Hopefully BRP doesnt screw with the 2014's mapping or cylinders to much. They always seem to say they don't but different part # seem to happen. LOL
Have you changed the porting on yours or domes? PM me if you don't want to answer on forum.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The TSS kits run awesome. Especially on the 13's. The water to air intercooler keeps things running unbelievably consistent. They are the most consistant running kit I've seen. Snow conditions elevation and temperature can change all it wants and your sled will never run poorly.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes consistent charge temps would make for more stable running that is for sure, do you think the tss airbox with the cooling tubes is somewhat restrictive to air movement passing between tubes, any idea what extra weight the pump, hoses, and cores to air box.... I wonder how it compares to the aero snow/air box they are using for consistency

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It doesn't restrict the air enough to mess with anything that's for sure. The response is great. They will do a kit without the intercooler but I wouldn't do it. The consistent running sled is far more important than approximate 10lbs that it would add

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay guys i would like to hear from folks that have rode both and what the differences are. I hear great things about both so would like to hear from fellow sledders that have has some seat time.
Please only the difference between the two as far as responce , ease of tuning and problems if any.
I read alot of good things about each product but what makes one better than the other.
From someone that doesn't own one and looking at purchasing i would just like some real world comparison.
I will be installing myself and so far it looks like Aero is the one that is working with BRP the most.
Not knocking TSS at all and this is the reason for this thread.
Thanks in advance and look forward to some great insite.;)

just to follow up with the orgional post. We did the aerocharger kit. All i will say is this thing is running great, and has been a pull and go setup. Right now we are still tuning the clutching and gearing setups but were at a consistant 63mph track speeds with 5-6lbs of boost. Ours is with the snow to air intercooler, temps are way down and consistant like other had mentioned. Weight wise we did not gain or loose a pound going with aero. The turbo was slightly less than the stock muffler and the snow-air intercooler was slightly less that the air box assembly. Ohh and we still got the electric start to work with the kit installed, bonus!

Power is really smooth and liner just like the stock setup, just alot more there to be had. tuning with the aero box has been a breeze, last weekend we were out at gorman and were riding between 3000ft and 9000ft and didnt even touch the thing. it is amazing at how lean the etec likes to run, if anyone is doing one on there own i would recommend installing a a/f gauge so you can understand how it runs before boost. Hopefully this help!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to follow up with the orgional post. We did the aerocharger kit. All i will say is this thing is running great, and has been a pull and go setup. Right now we are still tuning the clutching and gearing setups but were at a consistant 63mph track speeds with 5-6lbs of boost. Ours is with the snow to air intercooler, temps are way down and consistant like other had mentioned. Weight wise we did not gain or loose a pound going with aero. The turbo was slightly less than the stock muffler and the snow-air intercooler was slightly less that the air box assembly. Ohh and we still got the electric start to work with the kit installed, bonus!

Power is really smooth and liner just like the stock setup, just alot more there to be had. tuning with the aero box has been a breeze, last weekend we were out at gorman and were riding between 3000ft and 9000ft and didnt even touch the thing. it is amazing at how lean the etec likes to run, if anyone is doing one on there own i would recommend installing a a/f gauge so you can understand how it runs before boost. Hopefully this help!

how about bottom end? thats one of the mean differences i "hear" about between the aero and the tss. watching freds video it seems very responsive. but a friend of mine rode a tss kit and said it runs like a stock sled on the bottom end.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about bottom end? thats one of the mean differences i "hear" about between the aero and the tss. watching freds video it seems very responsive. but a friend of mine rode a tss kit and said it runs like a stock sled on the bottom end.

Right now as we are still playing with clutching it feels like a stock sled on the bottom end up to approx 5500rpm. Right now boost comes in at about 5-5500rpm depending how aggressive you are with the throttle, which is pretty good. Given the aero is a varibalbe vane, this gives the ability to bring it in lower or vice versa raise it to 6000rpm or more i would think. No we have no changed it yet as were still fine tuning clutching gearing and some fueling. Personally i wouldnt want it any lower that 5500rpm, mostly because we cruise the trail at 40mph which is 52-5600rpm and this lets the etec run on the stock fuel system giving you the milage. from 5500rpm and up it is very controllable and smooth. When in the trees or technical climbs(not hill climbs) yes it is very responsive as you are chopping on and off the throttle, boost recovers immdiately. With the 3" on the back end we havent had a terrible problem with cat walks or wheelies unless you are trying to put on a show:beer:

i think in the end, keeping in mind stock gearing is 2.42 ratio, the gearing will be 2.25ish which will bring trail rpms down again. From there we will bring in boost earlier based off whatever trail rpms we find to keep it on the stock fueling system for the trail.

should mention we will be in golden this weekend if you wanna see some action;)

Last edited:
Reactions: NM

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5500 rpm? Whoa thats high, I engage at about 4000 rpm. Be interesting to see some vids like destroyers.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am talking boost not engagement of the clutches.... engagement on the clutchs is 3800rpm.

oops i re-read, dunno what was in the coffee this morning. not sure when the boost comes on, on my sled, i'll pay attention this weekend though.

Top Bottom