Trying the XM Thurs. April 5th at Corbin

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top secret from what I see for some reason ? Some people cant just take time off work and visit dealers to work out a deal or should I say price.
Its no secret which Polaris dealers have the Best snow check price right now(Not saying the best service) I bet those dealers have done well by not trying to keep the prices a mystery.

Why not phone a dealer close to you and find out. Do dealers now have to post there best price on the internet to get someones business. Most dealers don't post as it just encourages price gouging between dealers. Find a dealer you like and go with it whether it is a Doo, Poo, Cat or Yamaha. JMO.:):beer:

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not phone a dealer close to you and find out. Do dealers now have to post there best price on the internet to get someones business. Most dealers don't post as it just encourages price gouging between dealers. Find a dealer you like and go with it whether it is a Doo, Poo, Cat or Yamaha. JMO.:):beer:
Price gouging works for me :cool:
I agree dealer has to make money to keep in business, but it is nice to know the going price from the good dealers when you go to make your deal
if there was no competition between dealers the price would get out of line, I work in the Oilpatch and sign some major $$$$ invoices and know for a fact that competition is needed !
Strange as it may be but if I call a dealer for the new lastest and greatest 163 I get $13,883.00 for a quote same as BRP website - I work away and dont have time to
go hang out at the dealers. Some dealers are great and as long as they treat me decent I have 0 problems paying more - but sometimes you DONT get what you pay for. j.m.h.o.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like a very close idea before going local so I know what I am not getting fooked, so IF any top secret info out there post the sh!T, LOL

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price gouging works for me :cool:
I agree dealer has to make money to keep in business, but it is nice to know the going price from the good dealers when you go to make your deal
if there was no competition between dealers the price would get out of line, I work in the Oilpatch and sign some major $$$$ invoices and know for a fact that competition is needed !
Strange as it may be but if I call a dealer for the new lastest and greatest 163 I get $13,883.00 for a quote same as BRP website - I work away and dont have time to
go hang out at the dealers. Some dealers are great and as long as they treat me decent I have 0 problems paying more - but sometimes you DONT get what you pay for. j.m.h.o.

so after we get ya all the pricing and reviews,, do ya need us to pick it up and ride it for ya as well? It takes less then 15 minutes to call 3 near by dealers and get their price its not that hard and FYI it all washes out for under $800 so dont strees too hard there is not much mark up

P.S. Chris where is your un biased review? Hurkot and I are waiting.... but I already commited to a 154 Black so it better be the hype lol

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I would pay to get sevice, some dealers I would stay away from and others would go to with great service. I don't know if people are getting better pricing if you will be paying cash or finiancing it. I just know were I will be buying and were I would not be. I here that wetaskawin has good prices but would not go there for a few hundred and spend it in travel for sevice. Good luck

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes less then 15 minutes to call 3 near by dealers and get their price its not that hard and FYI it all washes out for under $800 so dont strees too hard there is not much mark up
Not quite that easy. I asked for pricing from four last year. One in Sicamous where I ride, one in Vernon(thought it would be handy to get service where I ride) one in Calgary and one in Lethbridge I have bought from before. Sicamous guy wouldn't even give a price! Vernon guy was way high. Calgary and Lethbridge were close but Lethbridge was less and I also trust them. No BS just the real price up front and we have good history so I purchased there. Vernon comes back to me at the 11th hour of snowcheck with a price that is inline. Too late... I had already committed and find it hard to trust a dealer that took a run at charging me an extra grand.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes less then 15 minutes to call 3 near by dealers and get their price its not that hard and FYI it all washes out for under $800 so dont strees too hard there is not much mark up
Not quite that easy. I asked for pricing from four last year. One in Sicamous where I ride, one in Vernon(thought it would be handy to get service where I ride) one in Calgary and one in Lethbridge I have bought from before. Sicamous guy wouldn't even give a price! Vernon guy was way high. Calgary and Lethbridge were close but Lethbridge was less and I also trust them. No BS just the real price up front and we have good history so I purchased there. Vernon comes back to me at the 11th hour of snowcheck with a price that is inline. Too late... I had already committed and find it hard to trust a dealer that took a run at charging me an extra grand.

nothing is easy but I did also make the same calls but it only took 2 calls and after my experiance I am with you and went with Lethbridge.... they were fair quick and wanted my business so they got it....

Sicamous should not even be a dealer so no one should ever call there lol (so I have heard they are brutal to bad they are in your area).. and Bow just thinks they have the market cornered,, well they doo lol but ohh well

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
John T that sounds like somebody in our area, thinks they have the market, but stay away. LOL

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so after we get ya all the pricing and reviews,, do ya need us to pick it up and ride it for ya as well? It takes less then 15 minutes to call 3 near by dealers and get their price its not that hard and FYI it all washes out for under $800 so dont strees too hard there is not much mark up

P.S. Chris where is your un biased review? Hurkot and I are waiting.... but I already commited to a 154 Black so it better be the hype lol

#1 - I only posted because blastoff asked what the snow check price was.
#2 - Cant read ? I said that local dealers are quoting full BRP price.
#3 - I'm not stressing about the price, a few days ago a decent S&M member pm,ed me what his deal was and what dealer - By the way thank you !
#4 - Right or wrong I have one ordered a few days ago - and thanks for the offer to ride it for me, I think I will wreck it myself :)
#5 - Of course all dealers want to make as much profit as possible, just like I would prefer to get the best price = buying more parts and gas that way. I'm
also sure the salesman and the dealers try to get THE best price when buying products they dont sell but need - that you can take to the bank !
#6 - Hope no FEELERS were Hurt ;)
I'm getting the hang of being a Doo owner, I,m starting to argue and post really stupid ch!t.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I tried the 154X XM Summit. It was a great improvement over my 11. The pluses: first of all, the 13 seemed like it had more power than my 11. (with 900+ miles on them) Secondly it rode much smoother on the beat up whoops on the trail that we went in on. (this could be my set-up) Ergonomics were better too with the forward steering post and cut out foot wells. I could run on one ski across the lake much easier than with my 2011. The negatives: The set up was not great as the limiter straps were pulled tight so the skis had alot of weight on them. This I was told was because BRP did not want the sleds to wheelie. When I tried to follow my son on his Polaris 700 through some up and down sidehills, the XM wanted to run out on the down hill sections where he could hold the line no matter how rough and up and down it got. The seat was also a bit thin for foam too but I was told the production models would be better. These sleds made my 11 feel like a MXZ in comparison though. The guys from BRP did a great job and we all got a full 3 hours on the XM as they had enough machines for every rider. I was dissapointed to find out that the rear suspension is now back to the same basic geometry as the 11/12 with the big gap between the front of the rails and the drive shaft. (other than the T-motion changes) Bottom line, the XM is very good but I feel there are more changes that would make it better such as a weight reduction and I will wait to see what 2014 brings. For guys ready to buy, don't let me discourage you as the 2011 I have now is the best sled I have ever owned and this 2013 is clearly better. Oh, the skis are still a bit narrow for the weight but the keel made them turn the way they should.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I tried the 154X XM Summit. It was a great improvement over my 11. The pluses: first of all, the 13 seemed like it had more power than my 11. (with 900+ miles on them) Secondly it rode much smoother on the beat up whoops on the trail that we went in on. (this could be my set-up) Ergonomics were better too with the forward steering post and cut out foot wells. I could run on one ski across the lake much easier than with my 2011. The negatives: The set up was not great as the limiter straps were pulled tight so the skis had alot of weight on them. This I was told was because BRP did not want the sleds to wheelie. When I tried to follow my son on his Polaris 700 through some up and down sidehills, the XM wanted to run out on the down hill sections where he could hold the line no matter how rough and up and down it got. The seat was also a bit thin for foam too but I was told the production models would be better. These sleds made my 11 feel like a MXZ in comparison though. The guys from BRP did a great job and we all got a full 3 hours on the XM as they had enough machines for every rider. I was dissapointed to find out that the rear suspension is now back to the same basic geometry as the 11/12 with the big gap between the front of the rails and the drive shaft. (other than the T-motion changes) Bottom line, the XM is very good but I feel there are more changes that would make it better such as a weight reduction and I will wait to see what 2014 brings. For guys ready to buy, don't let me discourage you as the 2011 I have now is the best sled I have ever owned and this 2013 is clearly better. Oh, the skis are still a bit narrow for the weight but the keel made them turn the way they should.

Maybe some of that had to do with the rider. Did you put him on the XM?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of that had to do with the rider. Did you put him on the XM?

This is the million dollar question that doesn't seem to be answered. I know for a fact that Chris rides with one rider that is probably an expert rider who is half his age. His son is an exceptional rider less than half his age. Not sure how good a rider Chris is as I have never seen him ride against these guys as he is either tinkering under the hood or looking for his kid but I'm betting not nearly as good. Now Chris, this is no cheap shot on your riding ability but the facts are, you are older, have a higher value on consequences and weren't schooled by Burandt to the extent of the other 2 riders in your group. These young guys are not scared of failure like us older riders.Lol. But..........................in our defence we bring the equipment home every weekend looking shiny and new. Lol.:):beer:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the million dollar question that doesn't seem to be answered. I know for a fact that Chris rides with one rider that is probably an expert rider who is half his age. His son is an exceptional rider less than half his age. Not sure how good a rider Chris is as I have never seen him ride against these guys as he is either tinkering under the hood or looking for his kid but I'm betting not nearly as good. Now Chris, this is no cheap shot on your riding ability but the facts are, you are older, have a higher value on consequences and weren't schooled by Burandt to the extent of the other 2 riders in your group. These young guys are not scared of failure like us older riders.Lol. But..........................in our defence we bring the equipment home every weekend looking shiny and new. Lol.:):beer:

haha I don't think I have messed with my sled in one season as much as he does in one ride somedays! :)

His son at 17 is deffinetly an exceptional rider, JH is another exceptional rider, probably one of the better riders around and I am sure hear's that alot but anytime you can ride with them, even if you spend half your day wishing you could follow their lines you leave feeling like a better rider as you kept up to them half the day.

I like riding with Chris as our level's of riding are more on par (or atleast I believe they are) and can value his opinion as I know what he is always trying to compete against.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sucks getting old. I can feel my skills eroding little by little yearly. After the XM ride with Carl I have decided that next year I am going to do Kusters school to retrain so I can stay with these young guys longer. Plus.............these young guys are better riders than I have ever seen in the many years I have been on the hill. We used to park at the bottom of the same 3 hills every weekend and climb, climb, climb. Now the tree riding, the technical riding these guys do is amazing to watch. Its safe for the most part as well. You are not exposing yourself on the big slopes with the riding they do. Bottom line? Whether you buy a Pro or an XM the sleds are designed to make you a better rider quicker and more consistantly. And thats what it is all about IMO.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No exception taken to regards to my riding ability. Colby did try the XM and did think it was much improved but he still could sidehill his IQ 700 better and yes the IQ is very close to the XM for weight if not heavier. The tight limiter strap on the XM could have hurt its handling but I was not about to get my tools out. It was much better once I dialed up the front skid shock though. I like the XM but will wait another year as I have already promised to upgrade the kids ride and do some work around the house. And yes, I have been called "Tinker" in the past because I do always adjust suspension, clickers and helix for the conditions. It's just about always getting the machine to perform it's best. With 4500kms on my 2011 and never been towed as I do stay on top of maintenance. By the way it was funny to see Colby do a donut on the XM and because it took off so fast it bucked him off and dragged him a bit. The power sure caught him by surprize.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No exception taken to regards to my riding ability. Colby did try the XM and did think it was much improved but he still could sidehill his IQ 700 better and yes the IQ is very close to the XM for weight if not heavier. The tight limiter strap on the XM could have hurt its handling but I was not about to get my tools out. It was much better once I dialed up the front skid shock though. I like the XM but will wait another year as I have already promised to upgrade the kids ride and do some work around the house. And yes, I have been called "Tinker" in the past because I do always adjust suspension, clickers and helix for the conditions. It's just about always getting the machine to perform it's best. With 4500kms on my 2011 and never been towed as I do stay on top of maintenance. By the way it was funny to see Colby do a donut on the XM and because it took off so fast it bucked him off and dragged him a bit. The power sure caught him by surprize.

Its good that Colby got a chance to ride it. I'm sure if he was to spend a couple hours on it, adjust the chassis for his riding style and get used to the linear power of the engine he would enjoy it even more. Its to bad Johnny didn't get a chance to get on one as well. I think after talking to Colby I'm pretty sure he would be pretty dissappointed in Dad if he didn't bring anything home but the brand his idol rides and thats alright. Everyone had there idols when they were young. Lol.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its good that Colby got a chance to ride it. I'm sure if he was to spend a couple hours on it, adjust the chassis for his riding style and get used to the linear power of the engine he would enjoy it even more. Its to bad Johnny didn't get a chance to get on one as well. I think after talking to Colby I'm pretty sure he would be pretty dissappointed in Dad if he didn't bring anything home but the brand his idol rides and thats alright. Everyone had there idols when they were young. Lol.

So was Henry Ford your idol? :)

I think a new Pro for Colb would be a nice treat! Its still nice to have some rivalry in the family as well! Oh man, more power under him though, watch out!

Top Bottom