Trying the XM Thurs. April 5th at Corbin

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now it's some yammies.........lots of idiots out there putting huge money into sleds when all they need is your magical rt. Makes sense though it was award winning. it took home the honor of worst mountain sled of the year
Ya maybe it did but you don't understand who I am that's the problem. I don't settle for what the factory did and I make things work. There are lots of guys running high dollar sleds that don't work. Not everyone can back up there turbo sleds like Neil M and his friends cause they don't know how to. I've seen lots of m8 turbos, etecs turbos and yammi turbos that don't work. So you can take it any way you like. Plus if you beleive a800 runs with the 1000 you have better glue than me.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya maybe it did but you don't understand who I am that's the problem. I don't settle for what the factory did and I make things work. There are lots of guys running high dollar sleds that don't work. Not everyone can back up there turbo sleds like Neil M and his friends cause they don't know how to. I've seen lots of m8 turbos, etecs turbos and yammi turbos that don't work. So you can take it any way you like. Plus if you beleive a800 runs with the 1000 you have better glue than me.

Thats a lot of back peddling in one paragraph. Whatever dude. glad you enjoy your 1000. I'll be in blue river on the 13th. pm me if you can make it.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a lot of back peddling in one paragraph. Whatever dude. glad you enjoy your 1000. I'll be in blue river on the 13th. pm me if you can make it.
What back peddling?im saying there are lots of turbos built that don't work! Just cause you have a big wallet don't mean ch!t! This all started from you beaking about stock 800?I don't back pedal fella!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What back peddling?im saying there are lots of turbos built that don't work! Just cause you have a big wallet don't mean ch!t! This all started from you beaking about stock 800?I don't back pedal fella!
LMAO hows that make you feel d mills.I'm getting the popcorn this is getting good:smiliestirthepot:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it started with me talking about a stock 800. then you said 2g's and you'd beat any turbo'd yammie. now you can beat turbos if they're running like chit. maybe you got your sled working really good. good on ya. but with my experiences id have to see it to believe it

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it started with me talking about a stock 800. then you said 2g's and you'd beat any turbo'd yammie. now you can beat turbos if they're running like chit. maybe you got your sled working really good. good on ya. but with my experiences id have to see it to believe it
Mills I'm saying u better have you turbo running good cause if its not your toast. The stockers are a laugh. I'll pm you for sure when I head out for sure but the snow will be waist deep.Everything will be just ducky then!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mills I'm saying u better have you turbo running good cause if its not your toast. The stockers are a laugh. I'll pm you for sure when I head out for sure but the snow will be waist deep.Everything will be just ducky then!

Sounds good bud. So whats the list of mods on this turbo killer?

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good bud. So whats the list of mods on this turbo killer?
Nothing exciting!no nitrous no turbo! Extensive clutching and all engine mods done by me!backyarder!3" x 162.The odd light weight part still 640 lbs full of fuel on NASCAR weigh scales!Most sleds are way heavier than anyone thinks we have weighed quite a few!

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing exciting!no nitrous no turbo! Extensive clutching and all engine mods done by me!backyarder!3" x 162.The odd light weight part still 640 lbs full of fuel on NASCAR weigh scales!Most sleds are way heavier than anyone thinks we have weighed quite a few!

with this being said......
If I put a quarter of that money in my rt there will not be a turbo yammi that will keep up!

this is a ludacris statement. you got a bit more track than i do but i'll give ya a go. i may have to eat crow but its all for fun. you pick the first hill....i'll pick the second. cheers man

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey popcorn I'm sorry for your loss.I have sold and delt with alot of 1000's your right, on the big open hills DIALED they do work good very good in some cases,but can be a handfull in the trees.I think that they should have gave it a little more R+D and stuck it in the new chassis as well,but lots of issuse plagued that engine that I beleave could have been resolved very easy.I'm glad you still enjoy your 1000,but after throwing that brute around you would be suprised how easy and far you could push the new 800's if Both dialed there very close even on a open hill.
Thanks Tukernater. I'm glad to here you seen the potential of this sled. Your right about the engine but there are a few measures that myself and quite afew over on the doo talk forum have figured out over the years to keep them alive. My sled now is far from stock and it hauls even with its weight. Early this winter we ran with the two new m1100 turbo cats. The 1000 embarrassed these guys so bad that they went and both bought 3" tracks?i have not been out with them to see difference it made. Actually the 800's were giving them a bad time. So that's what I was trying to find out how close these 13's are to 1000 then I would switch. A fully tuned yammi turbo is hard to beat but there are alot that are not dialed and are not that great. There are a few 860's that will kick mine but they are really light and I have seen them take out many turbo sleds!Ivwas wishing brp came with more cubes but no luck? So i will see what I can get out of 13 ?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks Tukernater. I'm glad to here you seen the potential of this sled. Your right about the engine but there are a few measures that myself and quite afew over on the doo talk forum have figured out over the years to keep them alive. My sled now is far from stock and it hauls even with its weight. Early this winter we ran with the two new m1100 turbo cats. The 1000 embarrassed these guys so bad that they went and both bought 3" tracks?i have not been out with them to see difference it made. Actually the 800's were giving them a bad time. So that's what I was trying to find out how close these 13's are to 1000 then I would switch. A fully tuned yammi turbo is hard to beat but there are alot that are not dialed and are not that great. There are a few 860's that will kick mine but they are really light and I have seen them take out many turbo sleds!Ivwas wishing brp came with more cubes but no luck? So i will see what I can get out of 13 ?

Sorry bout your loss as well. Deepest condolences. But when i was talking about a stock 800 it was against a stock 1000. I'll chuck the same cashish into mine as you did yours.My point is stock sleds now are leaps and bounds ahead of the rt stock.Even 06 summit 800 were better stock than an rt stock. We should compare apples to apples. Not stock to mod. Have an stockish 12' skidoo and a stage 2 mcx nytro in my shop...so we'll figure something out. the 1000's were so good they dropped them from the product line

Last edited:

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry bout your loss as well. Deepest condolences. But when i was talking about a stock 800 it was against a stock 1000. I'll chuck the same cashish into mine as you did yours.My point is stock sleds now are leaps and bounds ahead of the rt stock.Even 06 summit 800 were better stock than an rt stock. We should compare apples to apples. Not stock to mod. Have an stockish 12' skidoo and a stage 2 mcx nytro in my shop...so we'll figure something out. the 1000's were so good they dropped them from the product line
Yes I hear Mills,and I maybe a little testy lately.I was asking about stock xm vs stock style 1000 to start with.The 1000 even stock in most cases is a strong sled though. I thank you on the condolences.I will bring my 1000 out in the fall and if anyone wants to give it a run they are welcome!I know I have let a few try it and they are pleasantly surprised after all the bad press these sleds received.
Thanks again!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I hear Mills,and I maybe a little testy lately.I was asking about stock xm vs stock style 1000 to start with.The 1000 even stock in most cases is a strong sled though. I thank you on the condolences.I will bring my 1000 out in the fall and if anyone wants to give it a run they are welcome!I know I have let a few try it and they are pleasantly surprised after all the bad press these sleds received.
Thanks again!

Lookin forward to it.....it sounds like you know how to make em perform.....if i buy ya a beer you might even let me take it for a rip.....haha...all in good fun my friend....hope we can hit the hill together soon....cheers

Top Bottom