Trying the XM Thurs. April 5th at Corbin

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
johny are you trolling the doo threads again? I know yo want one you sounded excited on the phone that I bought one lol i got a chance to take a quick little poke around the parking lot at corbin I know i'm gonna like my new one.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So was Henry Ford your idol? :)

I think a new Pro for Colb would be a nice treat! Its still nice to have some rivalry in the family as well! Oh man, more power under him though, watch out!

Don't worry Dan, I got this all planned out, I will replace his 700 with a 600! Hopefully the lighter chassis won't make up for the loss of power. We might have a chance to catch him then. Also I can get a 600 cheaper and I am not yet sold on the reliability of the Poo 800.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not myself but I have rode a few older REVs and to me they just felt heavy, I imagine the 1000 would feel heavy x2.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you had any seat time on the old 1000? I'm curious to hear how the xm would run against the old rt?

which way are your trying to compare it. I know power wise my sled would take a rt1000 without thinking twice, the xm wouldnt stand a chance. And handling, well the older revs where just tanks...

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which way are your trying to compare it. I know power wise my sled would take a rt1000 without thinking twice, the xm wouldnt stand a chance. And handling, well the older revs where just tanks...
Well I was comparing in a straight up climb. Say the stock 2 1/4 track vs the xm track? I have my 1000 modded and it takes a well tuned 860 to run with it and a three inch track.As for maneuverability the xm will be light years ahead. Last years 163 xp could only run with my 1000 in bush.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you sorta answered your own question. Straight out climb there wil be no diffrence between a 12 xp etec vs the 13 xm. The XM really was built for mountain handling, not all out climbing.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you sorta answered your own question. Straight out climb there wil be no diffrence between a 12 xp etec vs the 13 xm. The XM really was built for mountain handling, not all out climbing.

It is marginally better we found at the test rides. An XM 154 would climb a tad better than a XP163. This was in 2 ft of heavy powder snow in Eagle Pass.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is marginally better we found at the test rides. An XM 154 would climb a tad better than a XP163. This was in 2 ft of heavy powder snow in Eagle Pass.

i find this hard to believe. the 154 xm compared to my 163 xp is a turd. its more fun in certain ways but it definitely does not even close to the same deep snow performance my 163 has.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find this hard to believe. the 154 xm compared to my 163 xp is a turd. its more fun in certain ways but it definitely does not even close to the same deep snow performance my 163 has.
We saw it on our dealer ride. Daryl Baker took both sleds and compared them side by side on 2 hills in the same snow and made his own tracks. We all talked about it and feel the XM got up on the snow quicker and was making better early speed. He didn't take a big run at it either.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We saw it on our dealer ride. Daryl Baker took both sleds and compared them side by side on 2 hills in the same snow and made his own tracks. We all talked about it and feel the XM got up on the snow quicker and was making better early speed. He didn't take a big run at it either.

hmm i guess i never tried a straight up climb. it just did not have the tractor ability the 163 has. if you tried to shoot up any incline coming out of a sidehill in 2 feet of snow it was game over.

but i dont care because i have a xm 163 coming. so its the best of both worlds LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm i guess i never tried a straight up climb. it just did not have the tractor ability the 163 has. if you tried to shoot up any incline coming out of a sidehill in 2 feet of snow it was game over.

but i dont care because i have a xm 163 coming. so its the best of both worlds LOL

Same here. Carl said if you like the 154 you will be totally impressed with the 163. Can't wait!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a die hard doo guy....best sled in the business.....but the rt was a sad moment in a glowing history.....

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'ma die hard doo guy....best sled in the business.....but the rt was a sad moment in a glowing history.....
:nono: Wait a minute young grasshopper! You obviously havnt been around the rt much! But if you need to find out the hard way let me know! I've heard this a 1000 times and all I can say is most get a awakening!

Top Bottom