Truck died in the Okanagan.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a little help here, Seems I have a Bad coolant leak (might be the water pump) not sure till it's cool enough to go cleaning and looking for a leak. but i will require repairs, we are in a little town of OYAMA in the okanagan set up at a real nice orchard campground called the Tuscany Orchard RV park.....smack between vernon and Kelowna. real nice place, but As I need a good trustworthy repair shop to fix the ole cummins I figured I might ask for the advice of the snow and mudders......always have had good luck in getting what you need off this site.... Thanks in advance.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a little help here, Seems I have a Bad coolant leak (might be the water pump) not sure till it's cool enough to go cleaning and looking for a leak. but i will require repairs, we are in a little town of OYAMA in the okanagan set up at a real nice orchard campground called the Tuscany Orchard RV park.....smack between vernon and Kelowna. real nice place, but As I need a good trustworthy repair shop to fix the ole cummins I figured I might ask for the advice of the snow and mudders......always have had good luck in getting what you need off this site.... Thanks in advance.
A good diesel mechanic would work best....... it's* the 5.9 cummins.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can almost see you from my house!! actually im 10 mins away overlooking woods lake.. but i dont know any mechanics, or mobile mechanics, but I did google it and found a couple you can try

Dave's Mobile Mechanic Services
1711 Kalamalka Lk, Vernon, BC V1T 6M8
(250) 542-1906 ‎

7 days a week for your convenience 9am to 9pm.
24 Hr Emergency Service Available
Peter Hotte
Valley Mobile Mechanics
250-317-8685
Email: valleymobilemechanic@yahoo.ca

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can almost see you from my house!! actually im 10 mins away overlooking woods lake.. but i dont know any mechanics, or mobile mechanics, but I did google it and found a couple you can try

Dave's Mobile Mechanic Services
1711 Kalamalka Lk, Vernon, BC V1T 6M8
(250) 542-1906 ‎

7 days a week for your convenience 9am to 9pm.
24 Hr Emergency Service Available
Peter Hotte
Valley Mobile Mechanics
250-317-8685
Email: valleymobilemechanic@yahoo.ca
mattic thanks .... it's still driveable.... never went above 90 temp wise ..... noticed the fluid while stopped at the park at wood lake....... I can make it to vernon.... or kelowna.....just need to wait till it cools off to wipe her down and find the leak.... Thanks for the reply.... come by for a beer if you like...were at the Tuscany orchard rv park right in between wood lake and kalamalka lake, cheers.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is the water pump leaking it is a very easy repair. The pump is only held on with 2 10mm bolts. Should only take about an hour to replace yourself, just need a decent catch pan for the coolant.

Hope this helps so you can keep enjoying the vaca with little headaches.. :)

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is the water pump leaking it is a very easy repair. The pump is only held on with 2 10mm bolts. Should only take about an hour to replace yourself, just need a decent catch pan for the coolant.

Hope this helps so you can keep enjoying the vaca with little headaches.. :)
Thanks..... won't know exactly till I wipe everything down..... but I'll bet it's* the water pump. I think the guy running the RV park will loan me some tools, but it;s still driveable so I'll get it fixed one way or the other.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks..... won't know exactly till I wipe everything down..... but I'll bet it's* the water pump. I think the guy running the RV park will loan me some tools, but it;s still driveable so I'll get it fixed one way or the other.

Hope everything works put for you.
:)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VERY easy to change,.. pull the belt, a couple bolts,.. I think about 13mm socket and something to drain the coolant into from the front left of the radiator,.. might as well change the thermostat while you have it apart,..

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Let me know if you need anything. I've got tools and a trailer if it needed to be towed into town. Like I said I'm 10 mins away.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you need anything. I've got tools and a trailer if it needed to be towed into town. Like I said I'm 10 mins away.
Yep it's the water pump...couldn't tell till i wiped everything.... as well can't hear it from the cab but it does make a little noise..... found a guy in Vernon that can change it in the morning..... might as well support the local economy here in lake country, plus i'm on vacation and* it's only the water pump. Thanks all for the help and advice..... mattic drop by for a cold one if you like....nice to put a face with a name just like all the snow and mudders...... Cheers!* oh by the way would like to rent a boat and or a* seadoo for the day..were here till friday pullin out sat morning* so the invite for a cold beer stands. Cheers!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep it's the water pump...couldn't tell till i wiped everything.... as well can't hear it from the cab but it does make a little noise..... found a guy in Vernon that can change it in the morning..... might as well support the local economy here in lake country, plus i'm on vacation and* it's only the water pump. Thanks all for the help and advice..... mattic drop by for a cold one if you like....nice to put a face with a name just like all the snow and mudders...... Cheers!* oh by the way would like to rent a boat and or a* seadoo for the day..were here till friday pullin out sat morning* so the invite for a cold beer stands. Cheers!

good stuff. how do I find you? turtle bay marina at the south end of Woods lake rents boats and seadoos. i just dropped our seadoo off at the dealer today for some work. aint runnin right!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I saw this thread title, I was anticipated reading about a truck driving in to the Okanagan (lake). :(

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

try gem diesel. there about 25mins from where your at. there a big diesel truck shop. not sure if they work on just big stuff or both.

Top Bottom