Rocky Mountain house.....

Rhinorider

Reaction score
JackFish Lake road.......

Well I just got my first machine this year:d!! It is a lot of fun!!:d.I put these grins on here because I'm telling ya!!:d......... well you know how awesome it is:d!! I have barely even figured out this website as I have done more reading of the posts and replies then anything.....so I thought it time to share. I travel with my 08 :smilieicon_ford:F350 oil burner..... 28' springdale.....07 660 Rhino camo 27" tires ITP mudlite SS rims chrome on black, clutch kit, rev delimiter, and various other goodies making the Rhino fun......I can't believe where it will go!! I'm also a fishing nut as I have read are many of you.I also have a 12'6 inflatable zebec with plastic bottom and a 25hp Merc.

Like most or all of you I am driven with a thirst to aquire information on where to ride/fish/hunt do anything in the outdoors. And like you I find "good" information hard to come by so for the first time I'm going to give back......... as I know how hard it has been for me to not only find good places to ride this year but to fish and take my trailer. So without further adue Jackfish Lake Road. This road is attainable by leaving edmonton south on highway 2 taking a right on Highway 12 from lacombe down through Bentley and through the stop sign... through the hills giving good views of the mountains to the "T" turn left 10km into Rocky.

When you first come into Rocky you are loaded for bear:PDT_gun:!! Ya got the Extra foods (booze/fuel/food) and a canuck wheel for pretty near anything ya might of forgot (cause that always hits like a ton of bricks about an hour from home!!:confused:)........then on the right across the road from all this is a sani-dump. Fee $2.....so great don't need to pack water up there just fill up in Rocky(the trailer that is) and easy dumping on the way back for $4.....the cost not even 4 litres of fuel for the savings on weight(600lbs).

Your on your way now towards Nordegg on Hwy 11 essentially the same way from which you came. It is about 40 min up the highway just past chambers creek for those familiar with this area. The right turn into the lake is marked and communication towers are on the hill for a reference point.

The lake itself is a small lake with depths of only one foot at the dock making it a pain to launch my inflateable but once out from 10' -20' with some decent pike as its namesake. Campsite 4 and 5 are good and at the bottom of the hill in campground but wouldn't reccomend any trailer bigger then 28' go down there, other sites very unlevel however I would call them manageable if you packed blocks. Campsite has no wood and is $12 per night with no services. All forms of ATV are not allowed to operate:nono:in the Jackfish lake recreation area which also consists of a group area at the north end of the lake and from mile approx 1.5 to 3.5 of the road is marked.

The road has many spots for free camping. For the guys with the big trailers that need room there is a few great spots. One is to the left between the two creeks......can't quite recall their names...but is the first creeks you will come to..... area is big enough for 6-8 large rv's. Second a little further up the road on the left again..... that is an old gravel pit........ parked organized would fit 10 -12 big units.....creek right around the corner!!..... After that it just depends on what your into. Their is a beautiful spot for tenting or a camper where someone has made a bench out of logs overlooking a wandering creek with a beatiful view into the mountains. There are secluded spots a short distance from Jackfish road itself. This is a busy area it seems with locals so don't get discouraged if you don't find a spot early on in the road as the spots are a plenty and the road is in decent shape even after rain so you'll just have to go further in.

The road takes a "y" and it is signed as the 8mile road or you can turn to the left and go half a mile and there is an old rig camp spot on the right so nice and level and if you brought a pump I'm betting you could have water as there is a well there from the rig camp....only downside is that it is clay. If you have a big unit don't go any further then this as the road is clay and nowhere to turn around.....there is a road before the rig camp site to the left that goes down a hill with a spot on the left, although on a hill people have camped there and then an old wellsite at the bottom with ample room to turn around.This is as far as I have explored for camping.

The trails are great!! It seems most trails off of the road(jackfish) going east lead to a pipeline that I'm sure other people have mentioned from up by cow lake and to the north saskatchewan river. I haven't ridden it from one end to the other but on my GPS that all seems to make sense. Off of the pipeline there is an abundant of trails leading into some really neat spots. There is lots of muskeg but mixed with some great hill climbs and long well groomed trapper trails with log bridges and the whole 9 yards:Cool9: My favorite spot is by the two creeks/bridges there is not only a great campsite there is an awesome hill climb that at the top it leads into a huge variety of options on trails again leading to the pipeline.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Welcome to the club Rocky area is favorite place to ride also..

Is your F350 happen to be red backed in beside your trailer off of 123ave?

Rhinorider

Reaction score
Yep ya got it figured out Murray!! Are you in the culdesac?

What are some of your favorite areas around Rocky?

As far as I can tell from the couple times out there with my machine and the couple other times camping at Crimson-(which is pretty nice for pay-camping and watersports..... but no fishing:() possibilities are endless!!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup that would be me I was always going to drop a card off on your windsheild but then what if the guy walks out with a shotgun or something wonder what the hell I'm dooin:d:beer:

Rhinorider

Reaction score
The mud!!

159.jpg

the bench.....

012.jpg

the view.....a little hazy

011.jpg

the lake........

020.jpg

the view......

163.jpg

the view.........

162.jpg

the muskeg.....

167.jpg

Rhinorider

Reaction score
More muskeg.........

167.jpg

LOG BRIDGE........

157.jpg

The end of the trip.......

171.jpg

A few drinks around the fire.........till next time:beer::d

Attachments

• 178.jpg
    178.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 94

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come and check out the other side of town. my family along with a nother family run 752 west rv and atv campground. 38 km west of town on hwy 752!

Top Bottom