Trip to the states.

rider1

Reaction score
Going to the states in a couple of months. What is the best Garmin to get so i don't get lost lol?

rider1

Reaction score
I plan on just using it for driving. i have a montana 650 for sledding already.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's all in the software. Make sure it's the latest and greatest maps. My new 2015 Ford nav system must have old maps because it sends me off on some wild goose chase...hell it didn't even know 22x/ Stoney trail was changed in Calgary. Don't even get me started in Vancouver.
With roads and area names changing daily I'd say get the latest maps or you might as well bring a blind man along as your tour guide.
if your can afford the data usage I fine my iPhone with google maps to be pretty good as I think there updates often.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TomTom works pretty good,,, most of the time. Took me in circles one time by Campbell river though...lol

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just update the 650 to the latest maps and software and BAM. Bobs your uncle.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a cheap garmin nuvi with updated maps will do fine, you can find them used for like 50 bucks. in california I rented a nissan maxima and took a nuvi 255w and it got me everywhere I needed to go. even tells you which lane you need to be in

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my truck is a nuvi 4550??? Just get a cheap nuvi but with the lifetime maps.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been working in the states for the past 9 months. My ford factory GPS works great. Helpful hint: when the gas pumps ask for your zip code when paying at the pump, use the three numbers in your postal code followed by 00. Works every time.

Cummins610

Reaction score
The road mapping system I've used is google in my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been working in the states for the past 9 months. My ford factory GPS works great. Helpful hint: when the gas pumps ask for your zip code when paying at the pump, use the three numbers in your postal code followed by 00. Works every time.

Did you try 90210?

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Halfway on a 13K KM trip, using old Nuvii 260, (lifetime updates), from Alberta, Across Canada dipped into Michigan to visit some relatives, then on to Cape Spear, NFL, (Furthermost eastern point in Canada),steers us in the right direction 90% of the time, have to watch it sometimes as it may take a longer route for some reason.
but that just means more sight seeing..., all in all very happy with it.

Top Bottom