Tree well death

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very sad news. Many thanks to the owner and crew at FWA. Over the years they have helped many, many times with rescue's and in this case getting the deceased sledder out of the bush.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP to this brave soul. Condolences to his family. He will be missed and remembered.

Does anyone know any details on how this happened? Sometimes you can at least learn something from these tragic experiences to hopefully help someone one out in the future or maybe prevent something from happagain the same way.

If this sledder had had a wife and kids I hope they are going to be well looked after. Sad deal for sure.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP to this brave soul. Condolences to his family. He will be missed and remembered.

Does anyone know any details on how this happened? Sometimes you can at least learn something from these tragic experiences to hopefully help someone one out in the future or maybe prevent something from happagain the same way.

If this sledder had had a wife and kids I hope they are going to be well looked after. Sad deal for sure.
His son activated the spot or Inreach, that's about all I know for details! Definitely a sad situation

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the son left the scene to go get help and ended up at the staging area. At that time one person went out to cell phone range and someone else went up to FWA lodge and asked for assistance. SAR was activated and with the help of FWA they got up to the area and used their beacons to get to the exact spot. I know there is alot more details to this but that's all I heard. Like throttleops said definitely a sad situation. extremely sad

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
My condolences to the family. Riding with 3 is my preference, one to stay with the person needing assistance and a person to seek assistance. Riding with two as i often do with my son, we carry an Inreach and Rhino radios.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RiP our thoughts and prayers are with his family. So tragic! Ride safe my friends...

Top Bottom