Trail Pass Price

Captainkip

Reaction score
Havent been up in a while and will be heading to Renshaw in a week or so. Whats the trail pass pricing this year? Im guessing with all the snow, unloading is at the regular staging areas, or is there a possibility of that changing quickly?

Any information is appreciated

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just their and unloaded in the staging area but its getting pretty muddy. but their will still be to much snow in the trees to unload anywhere else. some great riding tho lots of snow we didnt even get to touch because we were almost out of fuel by 2 oclock.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Trail Passes are still $20 if it warms up to much and the trail cannot be groomed then they will drop, but right now they are 20 and we are on a day to day basis, still lots of snow but the lower end of the trail is softening.

iqrpoo

Reaction score
Trail Passes are still $20 if it warms up to much and the trail cannot be groomed then they will drop, but right now they are 20 and we are on a day to day basis, still lots of snow but the lower end of the trail is softening.

How can you warrant charging anything if you're not grooming?

Captainkip

Reaction score
The grooming done from the begining of the season is what helps keep the trail long after it starts to melt. Think of it as paying for past work done that is helping you ride the snow that is packed there instead of just straight mud.

Every bit of money that they can collect also goes into maintenance of grommers, the cabins ect, and helping them fight to keep the trials and areas open for us to ride.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org

I just wanted to mention that if the trail has not has enough riders on it to actually be groomed but it not as good as we would like then the price gets reduced, however if the trail is very bad and its too warm to groom then there is no charge, that is how its worked, I hope that makes sense.

CTWilly

Reaction score

They cant charge you anything. It's crown land. Does'nt make sense that it is the same price for the short ride in to Belle or Lucille as it is to the Blackwater. There's no work in McBride so they try to rape the sledders. The amount of sledders going in to town spending hard earned coin on all lodging, fuel, parts, food etc is'nt enough I guess. All that cash those home schooled mennonites are collecting is just a huge tax evasion. Cheaper to go to P.G. and pay the one time yearly fee for the snowmobile club. No prices are jacked up in the sledding season and everyone welcome to ride even if not a member. And yes there is cabins and a groomer. Bring on the haters but it really is a scam and a piss off when you are paying to ride groomed trails when they are not groomed. For $20 it should be done daily. Do the math people. Someones making a huge profit and it's not all going towards the sport.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO!!! Nice backstab there slick!!!! Is that the only way you can attract sledders to come to your community is to dump on the surrounding areas!!! And i guess you're a real expert on the How"s and Why"s of grooming a trail to??

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
They cant charge you anything. It's crown land. Does'nt make sense that it is the same price for the short ride in to Belle or Lucille as it is to the Blackwater. There's no work in McBride so they try to rape the sledders. The amount of sledders going in to town spending hard earned coin on all lodging, fuel, parts, food etc is'nt enough I guess. All that cash those home schooled mennonites are collecting is just a huge tax evasion. Cheaper to go to P.G. and pay the one time yearly fee for the snowmobile club. No prices are jacked up in the sledding season and everyone welcome to ride even if not a member. And yes there is cabins and a groomer. Bring on the haters but it really is a scam and a piss off when you are paying to ride groomed trails when they are not groomed. For $20 it should be done daily. Do the math people. Someones making a huge profit and it's not all going towards the sport.

Wow, your obviously having a good day,
For the record, McBride does have a season's pass aswell, and guess what, all the mountains in BC that have groomed trails are on Crown land, there is a contract set up to do the grooming, so if you want to ride groomed trails you are going to pay, McBride is no more then Revy or Golden either. I am willing to bet that any trail in PG that you ride is also Crown land, and oh yeah they charge for that trail as well! Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with being mennonite or homeschooled either, but hey your obviously much better then everyone else so I guess we can all pretend we care about your attitude.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone please delete this thread; mod's. I am tired of people complaining about trail passes. If you do not want to pay to ride don't use this free web page to complain!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
Someone please delete this thread; mod's. I am tired of people complaining about trail passes. If you do not want to pay to ride don't use this free web page to complain!

no need to delete it since it mostly explains the complaners in the end why there is trail fees

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Like said before and following your post, the trail pass is more than a "grooming fee". You have to be able to look at the big picture; procurement of the groomer, groomer maintenance, cabin building, cabin maintenance, the eventual fight for access, and funds to keep the staging areas plowed, etd., etc., etc.,

Any idea how much a warm-up cabin costs or what the costs are to maintain one are?

I'm sick and tired of free loaders wanting and expecting a free meal at the trough. Enough said.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Now here's another arm-chair pilot sitting in the dark.

Clubs have an agreement with MoTSA for the right to run a groomer and maintain a trail. That agreement gives them the right to collect trail passes. There are certain conditions to be met by the club but also by other agencies.

CTWilly, what happens if a mining company decides to doo some exploration on your favorite trail up the mountain? It is closed for the winter and a mess for the summer for quading and sledding the next winter. If the club has a "registered trail" then it is the responsibility of the mining company to restore the trail to the conditions or better conditions than they found it.

Any idea what 3 groomers and mogul masters cost? $500,000 for the new cabin on Boulder. Any idea what the costs are to keep areas open due to the greenies and caribou lovers? Give me a break, and quit your whining. $20 is nothing to pay so that you can go and access the crown land with a groomed trail. It if isn't groomed every day so what! The moguls aren't 4' deep as they surely would be if there was no grooming.

Give your head a shake and pay the piper!!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

don't ride here if it so bad. you will not be missed.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I take offense to your misimformed information. My prices are the same winter or summer. And my prices are the same or within a buck or two of the big city prices, so that is why alot of people phone to check and see if i have things in stock before they come to mcbride and if i do or i can have it there before they get there they will just buy it from me. You seem to be high and mighty on the PG snowmobile club and to bad i guess that i know people that refuse to be part of that club now sincve the club pres kicked a man and his son of there cabin in the mtn's because they weren't part of there club and then later on ran into a person on the trail thatwas from alberta and tried demanding money from him just because he wasn't part of there club. So be careful that you dont throw stones in a glass house .

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Belle Sunday afternoon and Renshaw Monday and Tuesday. Trails were all in great shape. Good job grooming Renshaw Sunday nights for us mid week riders. Wasn't always the case last year and much appreciated this year.
Thanks!

iqrpoo

Reaction score
You seem to be high and mighty on the PG snowmobile club and to bad i guess that i know people that refuse to be part of that club now sincve the club pres kicked a man and his son of there cabin in the mtn's because they weren't part of there club and then later on ran into a person on the trail thatwas from alberta and tried demanding money from him just because he wasn't part of there club. So be careful that you dont throw stones in a glass house .

now it is you who is misinformed, that is hardly what happened that day

Top Bottom