Toyota Tacoma reviews?

Rusty99

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm considering trading my SUV in for a Toyota Tacoma. I've heard great things about Tacoma but wanted get input from someone who tows with a Tacoma or put an ATV in the box of a Tacoma. I have a 06 King Quad with 27" zilla tires and want to make sure its gonna fit.

Cheers
Russ

van isle

Reaction score
It will not fit in either short box options with the tailgate closed without an ATV riser.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have heard great things about the Tacoma's . I drive a 2008 Tundra and it may not be the best on gas but it is sure a great truck.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 06 extended cab 6' box and it was such a sweet truck. Had my Kodiak 450 in the back no problem with the tailgate down but I didn't have huge tires on it.
If the truck is pre-09 the tailgates are kind of weak but you can put a support bar on the inside to help it. Also if it is pre-09 and not a TRD it may not have had the leaf spring update and you will bottom out a lot.

I pulled a 2-spot trailer with sleds for a few years with no problems.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work for Toyota in Wetaskiwin. If you don't mind the drive over, I will get you a better deal then in the city. Cars Cost Less in Wetaskiwin :)

Rusty99

Reaction score
I did some more thinking on the Tacoma's today and still wondering what pulling a small tent trailer setup with a king quad in the box of a Tacoma would be like. Wonder if its got enough juice to pull comfortably? I know it can do it, but will it be a struggle?

Rusty99

Reaction score
I work for Toyota in Wetaskiwin. If you don't mind the drive over, I will get you a better deal then in the city. Cars Cost Less in Wetaskiwin :)

I will definitely give you a hollar when I decide to take the plunge. I'm thinking I might try the used route and find a 2009 double cab long box Tacoma. If you have any leads send me a message.

Cheers

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 10 Double Cab long box and liked the truck but at the end of the day the V6 had to work when towing and fuel economy not much better than full size . Now have a FX4 F150 Eco Boost and have the best of both worlds. More cab room and pulls like a diesel.

Rusty99

Reaction score
I had a 10 Double Cab long box and liked the truck but at the end of the day the V6 had to work when towing and fuel economy not much better than full size . Now have a FX4 F150 Eco Boost and have the best of both worlds. More cab room and pulls like a diesel.

I just heard about the Eco Boost Technology yesterday. I don't know all the details yet but its piqued my interested that's for sure.

What would you say is your fuel economy in the Ford when driving around the city? and towing?
Cheers

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard about the Eco Boost Technology yesterday. I don't know all the details yet but its piqued my interested that's for sure.

What would you say is your fuel economy in the Ford when driving around the city? and towing?
Cheers

I just moved into an egoboost as well mileage is comparable to all the v8 s on the highway their 30mpg claim is bs maybe @80km on a flat road. But man does it pull. Pulls our 33' travel trailer like nothing. Tare weight of it is around 9000lbs mileage pulling the trailer is about 23l/100km at 110 kph really really impressed with it in that aspect. With a programmer it is supposed to be wayy better read stories of on the dyno rwhp increases of 60-80 Hp and 100 ft/lbs torque. Really impressed with it so far only about 4000 km on it so far but really like it. Moved from an 09 5.4 that I put 190000 on

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel mileage pulling 28 ft enclosed 21-23 L /per 100 km and around town 13.5 L/per 100 km . Best i got going to VCR not pulling anything 11 L /per 100 km . If you keep your foot out of the boost they get wicked fuel mileage but its so damn fun to spool it up :)

Top Bottom