toyo mt vs goodyear duratrac

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sayin you won't have punctures, but i've had way less with e rated.
thought you were running others take offs tex. you know the "OMG you need new tires, the nubs have worn off those already" lady type thing. hehe

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever.

To each there own. If u say so

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they change over the last couple years as far as balance? Dealer in town puts lots of them on new lifted trucks and doesn't ballance any of them and hasn't had any problems but you seem to be in the know?
I have ran a few sets also but only up to 35x18x12.50 and havent hade any problems but thinks change.
As far as side wall i wasn't talking about ply i was talking about how stiff the Toyo was. Just grab a Toyo by the bead and then a BF as i am sure you have. No comparison.

Huh that's funny. Toyos are the worst to balance. Even with bag balance.

Bfg allterains have a 3 ply side wall where all the others have 2. What tire has the stiffest side wall??????

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they change over the last couple years as far as balance? Dealer in town puts lots of them on new lifted trucks and doesn't ballance any of them and hasn't had any problems but you seem to be in the know?
I have ran a few sets also but only up to 35x18x12.50 and havent hade any problems but thinks change.
As far as side wall i wasn't talking about ply i was talking about how stiff the Toyo was. Just grab a Toyo by the bead and then a BF as i am sure you have. No comparison.

They would use bag balance then. Goes inside.

Huh I think the other way between the toyo and Bfg.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
80,000 km on my duratracs and gonna order another set in 5000-10,000km. I drive 60/40 hwy/gravel

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Presently looking to purchase a set of four new tires for my F-350 PSD. Was running 37 toyo mt's. Looking at getting something a little less aggressive. Currently looking at Goodyear duratrac 325/60R20, dick cepeck radial FC II 35 X13.5, or Cooper discoverer sst 35 X 12.5. I do tow a fifth wheel holiday trailer. The duratrac has 3860 lb rating, the other two 32 - 3300lb ratings. Anyone run these tires, opinions on which is better?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Presently looking to purchase a set of four new tires for my F-350 PSD. Was running 37 toyo mt's. Looking at getting something a little less aggressive. Currently looking at Goodyear duratrac 325/60R20, dick cepeck radial FC II 35 X13.5, or Cooper discoverer sst 35 X 12.5. I do tow a fifth wheel holiday trailer. The duratrac has 3860 lb rating, the other two 32 - 3300lb ratings. Anyone run these tires, opinions on which is better?

go with the duratracs..... just for the weight alone ... plus a way better tire than dick and cooper crap...

it sucks the fierrce attitude mt's done come in more bigger sizing ... its coming tho ...

i sell tons to oil feild guys ... also look into hankook rt03 mt .. not as agressive of a mud tire but still really good ...

i have had them , sell tons of them and have guys getting between 70 and 100 km outa them

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the Toyo brand is the best quality and built light truck tire on the market, but their downfall is tread compound for winter traction. I have ran many Toyo's but now switch over to other brands for winter traction.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a set of duratracs on my f350 a few months back. I like them more than my old nitto terra grapplers. Haven't had them in any mud yet. But snow and pavement there great. I would never buy another set of toyo's. In the winter they are horrible.

Sent from my pimpin iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of stt's on my Dmax for 95000km, I thought they where a great tire. Good in mud, gravel, and surprisingly good in the winter. I always have about 1000-1500lbs in my box and tow on a regular basis so I thought they held up well. I now have some M55 and they seem good so far, time will tell.

---
I am here:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of stt's on my Dmax for 95000km, I thought they where a great tire. Good in mud, gravel, and surprisingly good in the winter. I always have about 1000-1500lbs in my box and tow on a regular basis so I thought they held up well. I now have some M55 and they seem good so far, time will tell.

---
I am here:

M55's are a great bush tire, many of them around here, but they are to dang hard in the winter.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the firece attitude in a 325/65/18. I am loving them. Ride is great. The dont have the radial pull like nitto or toyo. The tread pattern is better then the duratrac. I have heard they are great in th winter as well but have a few months before I can put that to the test. They are an e-rated tire with a 3,860@65 load rating

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the firece attitude in a 325/65/18. I am loving them. Ride is great. The dont have the radial pull like nitto or toyo. The tread pattern is better then the duratrac. I have heard they are great in th winter as well but have a few months before I can put that to the test. They are an e-rated tire with a 3,860@65 load rating

They look like a good tire, just don't come in a 20". I don't run the big tires in the winter, I switch back to the stock rims and winter tires.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya like I said the bigger runs sizing is not there with the fierrce. But it coming

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M55's are a great bush tire, many of them around here, but they are to dang hard in the winter.

Ya I got them just at the end of winter and they seemed sketchy, but man do they hold up on the big gravel roads. So far!

---
I am here:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had both tires in a 35". Which is the better tire in mud, snow ,ice, wear etc?

Hey Keith...these are 2 very different tires. I've Run Toyo M/T's for years and have got upwards of 85,000kms out of them, but I go against the rule in every aspect - from rim width to tire pressures. I love the M/T's for everything but winter, but even then they aren't bad if you change your habits. The Dura trac's are a great tire too, but not sure on the life of them...they are great in the winter though.

Toyos are way over priced hockey pucks.

Nittos wear faster than anything ...

Duratracks are good winter tires but might wear down faster in summer.

Bfg allterains same as duratracks.

Have had real good luck both fierce attitudes and hankook rt01 ...

Have sold tons of both and every one said they would never go back to toyos or nitro wear fast tires.

Pretty much disagree:D I've got great life out of Toyo's and Nitto's. I just had a customer in with terra grapplers with 40,000kms on his TG's with at least 50% still left on them. Try lower pressures on the Toyo's and Nitto's and you'll be surprised.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh that's funny. Toyos are the worst to balance. Even with bag balance.

Bfg allterains have a 3 ply side wall where all the others have 2. What tire has the stiffest side wall??????

I have run 37x13.5R17 Toyo M/T's for years and don't balance them period. Smooth as silk:D

I would venture to say Toyo has the stiffest sidewall...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
65,000 km's on my toyo a/t's and gonna replace them this summer with a set of nitto terra grapplers. like kevin says you dont do what the maufacturer suggests and you can get great life and wear out of these tires! I run my a/t's at 45 psi and are wearing really well! Toyo's balance awesome! we never have problems with toyo's at our shops here in pincher creek and we only run them on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks the balancing on the toyo's are fantastic way less work then most tires on the market!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lowered the pressures of my front tires to 45 and rears to 40. The ride is decent and handling is good.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of getting the bfg a/t after dealing with the duratracs and how fast they wore out. Anyone run the goodyear silent armour? Might get these for a year round tire....

Top Bottom