Toyhaulers?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
2011-09-23_16-26-20_80.jpg I'm with Todd;only way I can haul all my junk in one trip.Been really happy with ours.
For me, a toyhauler was the only way we could get everything out in one load...I hate taking two trucks. Mine is a 40' KZ with a 12' garage. It was a US import, but I bought it locally off a guy who brought it up from Arizona, slept in it one night, and lost his ass...I paid 1/2 what he did. There's better units out there for sure, but ours works great for us. I wasn't too kean on the kids sleeping in the garage, so finding one with an upper bunk was imperative. I also worried about them falling off...a 6' drop could do some damage, so I welded up a railing with a small entry off to one side...works like a charm. The garage works excellent for storage....instead of having tables and coolers scattered around outside, everything's nice and neat in the garage...makes it convenient to pour drinks, and you don't have to put sh!t away when it rains. Plus it's a nice dry warm place to get dressed and undressed for biking.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2012 Cyclone HD last year. Great Toyhauler. I had a Keystone before - I'd never go back to that brand. Just my opinion.
The garage does get cool at nite... there is one heater vent into the garage and we leave the slider doors open. That said, I tell the kids to "suck it up Nancy - how warm do you think a tent would be?" lol
As for sleeping in the garage, where you keep your quads? We just keep our toys clean after the camping trip. (ie: the toys don't leak gas or oil)
Several of our friends have TH's, - the garages are all spice and span. (cept on the drive home of course)
You won't regret a TH. (MO)

I'd recommend Lakeshore RV in Michigan. Saved a pile of money - even got it delivered to our doorstep. (45G OTD delivered)

View attachment 128746

heartland was awesome....bought my 40ft from them as well...cyclone....easiest deal I have ever done on anything....

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That statement is funny as the wife and I are having the same discusion now. We currently have a XLR toy hauler, however she wants the 5th wheel with Jack and jill bunks. I am putting up the fight as I do not want to part with it and have to pull 2 trailers. The best part about the garage in our situation is the dogs have a place to spend the night. Good luck on the purchase. As some have mentioned keep an eye out on the heat vents. We did not notice when we bought ours that there was no heat in the garage for one and the other was there is no vent in the bathroom. In the old trialer that was the warmest spot where everything could dry out

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the 3018TT.......great unit.......and the triple is nice for towing.

We can fit our Rzr and my quad no problem. We put a tarp down. When we unload sweep the floor. Roll out the rug and we are set. No smell from quad or Rzr. I saw a 2008 Raptor 5 th wheel same floor plan as the 3018 tt. This was in the States. If I can find a deal I will get it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the getting back to me. I'd be interested in the US contacts and dealership that you purchased from.[/QUOTLikely

My brother has been to Michigan evey year. He buys a 90 k motor home there for 65k. Uses it all summer. Sells it and makes 15 grand even after paying for fuel and plane ride there. The further in The states you go the better deal you get

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you guys recommend for a bumper pull toy hauler?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you guys recommend for a bumper pull toy hauler?

I like my raptor......triple axle pulls nice and even.....plus lots of water and if you like free camping like we do it's a must.
There are some nice units out there depends what suits you best. I need the box of my truck for work, so a TT is the only thing I can pull.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who deals Raptor
I like my raptor......triple axle pulls nice and even.....plus lots of water and if you like free camping like we do it's a must.
There are some nice units out there depends what suits you best. I need the box of my truck for work, so a TT is the only thing I can pull.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keystone
I went down to Montana and brought it back......saved a tonn plus it's nice to be self contained.....5500 onan and 40 gallon fuel station.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When you find the make and model you like do your homework. Find a dealer as close to the manufactuer as you can and price it there. Then find one close to you but still in the US and price the unit again. You can ask for price delivered or not..up to you. It wouldn't hurt to shop in other provinces as well, ya never know. But I do know this because I looked at doing it for the spring. On average the company that delivers these units pays the O/O $1.70 a loaded mile from factory to dealership. So probably $3.00 a loaded mile overall for the factory to make a buck at this as well. The delivery price is another cost you pay with that unit sitting at the dealer. So the farther away the more expensive the delivery charge. Can't imagine what a RV is worth in Alaska :)

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've also been looking as of late. I really like the Cyclone also. 100gal fresh, 82gal black, 82gal grey, and a 10gal quick recovery hot water tank. The idea of he rear patio and screen doors for the garage are very nice to. Heartland seems to build a good trailer. A guy I worked for 3yrs ago bought his Cyclone from a dealer in Kalispell, Montana. Save $17,000 compared to buying it here in Grande Prairie. And of course the first thing out of the local dealers lip was;"good luck with warranty here."

We bought extended warrenty with ours also, I was worried about the coverage and the dealer (John at Lakeshore RV) told us that every dealer want to be on there warrenty program. The way it work he said, if you have a problem call the warrenty number and they will call the dealer that your trailer is at and offer the dealer 200/hour to start working on it right away. If you don't use the warrenty you will get your money back. We though it was a good deal.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We bought extended warrenty with ours also, I was worried about the coverage and the dealer (John at Lakeshore RV) told us that every dealer want to be on there warrenty program. The way it work he said, if you have a problem call the warrenty number and they will call the dealer that your trailer is at and offer the dealer 200/hour to start working on it right away. If you don't use the warrenty you will get your money back. We though it was a good deal.

This is just the mentallity of dealers here. Whether it's RV's or vehicles. Some fall for it and some don't...I don't :)

nielsy

Reaction score
we bought an xlr 3716 in fall 2008 within 6000km we had to change all bushings [ worn right out ] would not warranty them got them changed and modified at standens in calgary have not had any problems since got about 30000km on it this thing fits 2 seadoos a quad and a honda goldwing we paid $60000 tax in from nisku at a dealer in kelowna they wanted 78000 and in high river they wanted 71000 and rv wholesale wanted 57000 plus we had to pick up at the border so with peace in mind we got it in nisku just p.oed they would not warranty bushings cost me $1500 plus my rear tires are worn right out because of what happened we love the trailer but then again we are only 2 people

Patman

Reaction score
For those who haven't picked one brand yet....my preference is the Desert Fox! On my second one and they are truly a four season machine compared to many wannabees! You can find great deals on these both sides of the borders. I have two young boys and the bunks can raise to the ceiling and everything folds to the walls...we kick the machines out, roll out the carpet and it is completely comfortable. Did a lot of research, and they are a quality build!

Happy Shopping!

Patman

Last edited:
Top Bottom