Toyhaulers?

fivethirtyAM

Reaction score
Hello! Looking to buy a toyhauler this spring, lots to choose from out there, just looking for any feed back on which ones seem the best?

Thanks in advance!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I dont have one, but have looked at about 40 this spring, and so far the Fuzion has me the most interested...They all seem good though, and it seems that Keystone somehow is tied to most every trailer on earth LOL

Also liked the Raptors but the floorplans and pricing on the Fuzion seemed the best so far. Looking at the Fuzion 405...

Sidenote: Two members here both have Fleetwood Formulas for sale...Both 2009, both look good!

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a contact in the US if you are interested. I have found them to be about $7k cheaper

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a cyclone 3010HD and we love it. We bought it out of the u.s. and saved a lot of money. There was no hassle in doing this, as the Canadian dealers want you to believe. I have a contact if interested and they even finance Canadian customers.

Last edited:

jimmyjambo

Reaction score
We are sporting a voltage and it's a great trailer. Don't know if there is really much separating them though.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raptor 365 LEV. Very few out there with the options of this one. Do your research. I paid alot, but, i looked for a long time and at all the models and this is a great toyhauler. Enjoy whatever you choose.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Raptor 3018 model. It works great for us.

fivethirtyAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the getting back to me. I'd be interested in the US contacts and dealership that you purchased from.

fivethirtyAM

Reaction score
I was just wondering for the families that own a toyhauler with small kids (under 4yrs) where do they usually sleep? The wife isn't too fond of them sleeping in the garage that just haulled quads and bikes ect., and the top bunk above the garage is a little high for the littles one to stay up there without being worried of them falling off. She likes the fifth wheels with the separate room or jack and jill bunks stlye trailers.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering for the families that own a toyhauler with small kids (under 4yrs) where do they usually sleep? The wife isn't too fond of them sleeping in the garage that just haulled quads and bikes ect., and the top bunk above the garage is a little high for the littles one to stay up there without being worried of them falling off. She likes the fifth wheels with the separate room or jack and jill bunks stlye trailers.

It sounds like you and your wife are in the same position as I was when I bought my toy hualer. I have two boys a 3 year old and 1 year old, we looked at buying a Ceder Creek with the separate room and bunks, beutiful RV, but kind of impractical, seeing as it was close to 40' long and could only be used as a camper. We went with a KZ inferno Toy hauler with the retractable bunks in the back and the bunk above the garage, trailer is over 40 feet long but when not hauling toys we have a carpet we roll out in the back and it becomes a Play area for the kids. The down side to some toy haulers is that the garage floor is not insulated,and there is no heat into the garage, so in spring in fall the back gets cool. With the KZ the bunk above the garage has stairs going up to it instead of a ladder and is fully inclosed like a little jail cell, so our oldest sleeps up there and our youngest sleeps in the garage in his play pen. This year we will prob switch it up and oldest will sleep in garage on bottom bunk and youngest up top.
Good luck shopping, lots of good deals out there

fivethirtyAM

Reaction score
It sounds like you and your wife are in the same position as I was when I bought my toy hualer. I have two boys a 3 year old and 1 year old, we looked at buying a Ceder Creek with the separate room and bunks, beutiful RV, but kind of impractical, seeing as it was close to 40' long and could only be used as a camper. We went with a KZ inferno Toy hauler with the retractable bunks in the back and the bunk above the garage, trailer is over 40 feet long but when not hauling toys we have a carpet we roll out in the back and it becomes a Play area for the kids. The down side to some toy haulers is that the garage floor is not insulated,and there is no heat into the garage, so in spring in fall the back gets cool. With the KZ the bunk above the garage has stairs going up to it instead of a ladder and is fully inclosed like a little jail cell, so our oldest sleeps up there and our youngest sleeps in the garage in his play pen. This year we will prob switch it up and oldest will sleep in garage on bottom bunk and youngest up top.
Good luck shopping, lots of good deals out there

That sound good. What model/floorplan did you go with? And where did you buy it from?

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2012 Cyclone HD last year. Great Toyhauler. I had a Keystone before - I'd never go back to that brand. Just my opinion.
The garage does get cool at nite... there is one heater vent into the garage and we leave the slider doors open. That said, I tell the kids to "suck it up Nancy - how warm do you think a tent would be?" lol
As for sleeping in the garage, where you keep your quads? We just keep our toys clean after the camping trip. (ie: the toys don't leak gas or oil)
Several of our friends have TH's, - the garages are all spice and span. (cept on the drive home of course)
You won't regret a TH. (MO)

I'd recommend Lakeshore RV in Michigan. Saved a pile of money - even got it delivered to our doorstep. (45G OTD delivered)

DSCN6578.jpg

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me, a toyhauler was the only way we could get everything out in one load...I hate taking two trucks. Mine is a 40' KZ with a 12' garage. It was a US import, but I bought it locally off a guy who brought it up from Arizona, slept in it one night, and lost his ass...I paid 1/2 what he did. There's better units out there for sure, but ours works great for us. I wasn't too kean on the kids sleeping in the garage, so finding one with an upper bunk was imperative. I also worried about them falling off...a 6' drop could do some damage, so I welded up a railing with a small entry off to one side...works like a charm. The garage works excellent for storage....instead of having tables and coolers scattered around outside, everything's nice and neat in the garage...makes it convenient to pour drinks, and you don't have to put sh!t away when it rains. Plus it's a nice dry warm place to get dressed and undressed for biking.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also try rvwholesalers.com I bought mine there last year, way cheaper than Canada eh.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We've also been looking as of late. I really like the Cyclone also. 100gal fresh, 82gal black, 82gal grey, and a 10gal quick recovery hot water tank. The idea of he rear patio and screen doors for the garage are very nice to. Heartland seems to build a good trailer. A guy I worked for 3yrs ago bought his Cyclone from a dealer in Kalispell, Montana. Save $17,000 compared to buying it here in Grande Prairie. And of course the first thing out of the local dealers lip was;"good luck with warranty here."

Last edited:

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought ours from Lakeshore RV, talk to John he was great to deal with and no BS. Our kids sleep in the garage as well and we keep our stuff clean. When we are camping its there play room with king size beds. Ours has one heat vent and I'm going to get the garage floor spary foamed underneath to keep it warmer. I recommend the cyclone. Also our garage has a sliding door to the main living area so they can always see us.

Top Bottom