Toyhaulers?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a much cheaper note... anybody have a look at a trailer called a VRV... versatile rec vehicle i think it stands for? Looks like a car hauler but has bunks and maybe a small kitchen up front??? depending on lay out can hold 4 full size ATV's

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the raptor 3612, 110 gal water tank is nice, enough water for extended stays plus pressure washing the quads off but needed to add extra bracing, pulls great even in high wind.

Attachments

• iphone 101.jpg
    iphone 101.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 326

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a 2011 forest river sandstorm ... totaly not the way were going lol .... was looking at used weekend warriors in the 40 foot range .... but most are 30000 plus used ...

got the 38 foot sandstorm full load brand new for 35000.00

kind of a no brainer as far as price ect...

most the used ones have 300 plus hrs on the gennys and tires ect need replaced ... by the time u replaced stuff and serviced it it was close to the same price ...

new one has warranty [ which is nice but i know that sometimes u can't get it in for months lol ]

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks green.

Picking it up tonight. I'll get pics when I get it home.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the factory only installed 2 lengthwise paper thin straps for a 110gal tank. it fell down. i added heavy angle from frame rail to frame rail and extra strapping where the factory ones failed.

Good to know. I have a TT and should have a look at the strapping. Great trailer, but just had some furnace issues this last weekend. No ignition on pilot.....so she was a chilly night or two. I think the ignitor must have crapped out.

IMG_0425.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the factory only installed 2 lengthwise paper thin straps for a 110gal tank. it fell down. i added heavy angle from frame rail to frame rail and extra strapping where the factory ones failed.

I was doing that to mine today. The tank was almost touching the axles. I went with 3/4 inch treated plywood against the tank and replaced the original straps with heavy angle iron. The belly cover is a real pain in the azz..screws broke off so had to drill new holes and replace screws. Mine has 4 straps.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I have a TT and should have a look at the strapping. Great trailer, but just had some furnace issues this last weekend. No ignition on pilot.....so she was a chilly night or two. I think the ignitor must have crapped out.

View attachment 130784

Same raptor as mine.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a 2011 forest river sandstorm ... totaly not the way were going lol .... was looking at used weekend warriors in the 40 foot range .... but most are 30000 plus used ...

got the 38 foot sandstorm full load brand new for 35000.00

kind of a no brainer as far as price ect...

most the used ones have 300 plus hrs on the gennys and tires ect need replaced ... by the time u replaced stuff and serviced it it was close to the same price ...

new one has warranty [ which is nice but i know that sometimes u can't get it in for months lol ]

Great looking toyhauler Tex.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex what model of sandstorm? Generator? What are the minor warranty things? And finally what dealer did you purchase from?
Whatching this thread closely as may purchase next couple years. Thanks Andrew.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up mine from the border on Saturday. Its a Forest River 21RR. Cost me $13,599 plus $2k to get it delivered to Montana

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 3215 floor plan... Has a onan 5500 quiet series. Trailer is built by forest river. An identical trailer is a shockwave. Built by forest also...

A few things new fixed, straightened, ect.

Toilet leaks just ever so much when flushing-filling.
Tub surround is cracked.
Just small things.

Got it from cars Rv in red deer. They are not the original dealer. Festival Ford was but the Rv dealer went belly up, and cars is a forest river dealer -warranty.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom