Towing / packing ideas...

Reaction score
I have a canoe, and just recently bought an older TigerShark with it's own trailer. In my head I imagined bringing both on any trip I might make camping/fishing/to the lake.....

To bring my canoe I have a rack that elevates the back end, using my receiver (like the picture). If that is the case (going from memory) how can I bring the canoe and Tigershark, when they both need the same receiver? I hate putting the canoe in the box and having it rest over the cab of the truck...

How else can I do this? Ideas? I was hoping the bottom of the canoe rack had a "pass-through" receiver so I could still connect the trailer, but I don't think it does.

1.jpg

Reaction score
Quick View

SKU: 8648537

Price :
$64.99

Princess Auto has the receiver you need - works great for what you want to use it for

Thanks, that is exactly what I hoped existed (or something like it).... that's perfect. I owe you a beer sir.... I'll be heading to Princess Auto ... I like it there anyway :)

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bunch of these on the Web for under 100 bucks if you Google ladder rack. Or if would be really easy to make one out of wood that pops in your stake pockets, it doesn't take much to support a canoe.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
A bunch of these on the Web for under 100 bucks if you Google ladder rack. Or if would be really easy to make one out of wood that pops in your stake pockets, it doesn't take much to support a canoe.

Appreciate that. I have seen them and thought of something similar, but I have tie-down hooks in all my "pockets". I could take them in and out, but in the end it's probably just easier to get that dual hitch receiver.

Reaction score
I would build you a receiver that holds that mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know for future reference... but it's going to be hard to beat something I can buy for $65. Maybe if we were neighbors I'd take you up on that, for a flat of beer or something :) I wish I had the skills to fabricate **** like that.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. I have seen them and thought of something similar, but I have tie-down hooks in all my "pockets". I could take them in and out, but in the end it's probably just easier to get that dual hitch receiver.
Yeah your pic wouldn't load for me the first time. If you already have a support and the trailers light then a dual hitch should work just fine/be the easiest.

Top Bottom