Tony Romo

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 interceptions in the last 4 minutes. I am learning to hate him and jerry jones

Well, don't worry then, Romo is done for the year with season ending back surgery. Oh yeah, and the Cowboys are done as well.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Romo reminds me of Ricky Ray in Edmonton. You wont know what you had till its gone. Name 10 other QB's in the league better than Tony Romo (the last few will be the tough ones ;)) I wanted Ray gone as well and I wanted Romo gone last year. He is a good QB - the team around him stinks. There is something however that separates EVERY qb in the league - that's winners and losers come playoff time. Big-Ben is a winner, however I don't particularly think he is a good QB - he just has an innate ability to win when it matters. Alex Smith is a loser. He is a good QB on paper, however he is not a 'winner' when it counts. Romo, sadly falls into the loser category when it counts. He did save our ass on 4th down versus the red skins to keep us alive this year but it was all for not (yes, im a BOYZ fan !)

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Romo reminds me of Ricky Ray in Edmonton. You wont know what you had till its gone. Name 10 other QB's in the league better than Tony Romo (the last few will be the tough ones ;)) I wanted Ray gone as well and I wanted Romo gone last year. He is a good QB - the team around him stinks. There is something however that separates EVERY qb in the league - that's winners and losers come playoff time. Big-Ben is a winner, however I don't particularly think he is a good QB - he just has an innate ability to win when it matters. Alex Smith is a loser. He is a good QB on paper, however he is not a 'winner' when it counts. Romo, sadly falls into the loser category when it counts. He did save our ass on 4th down versus the red skins to keep us alive this year but it was all for not (yes, im a BOYZ fan !)
Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Wilson, Kapernick, Alex Smith, Newton, Brees, Luck, Foles, Palmer, Stafford, Ryan....

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Wilson, Kapernick, Alex Smith, Newton, Brees, Luck, Foles, Palmer, Stafford, Ryan....

You think Alex Smith, Matt Stafford and Carson Palmer are better QB's than Romo overall? I could debate you all day on that. Matt Ryan im on the fence about however. Looks like he barely made your list. Im talking about leadership factors as well in this discussion - The Total Package if you will. Here are some stats if we are looking just at that. Romo is #12 and Josh McClown is #1, which is why im debating opinion on total package.
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

I wouldnt trade Romo straight across (contract aside) for: Kap, Smith, Eli Manning, Foles, Cousins, Palmer, Rivers or Stafford.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say both mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Bree's, rothlesburger, Wilson, luck, and any two of kappernick, Ryan or stafford.

I think all 11 of these guys have more mental toughness the. Romo. I would even consider dalton and flacco to be close.
I get romo puts up huge numbers.... Just not from November on

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My list is 13 long. The knock against Smith is that he is not a clutch guy, neither is Romo . He's the definition of choke . Smith has played really well now in back to back seasons with 2 different teams.
Stafford will be the complete package, but his decision making is poor right now. He plays like Favre and tries too hard to make the play. With the right coach, that will develop. Palmer and Ryan I am indifferent about, but personally believe they are better.
If Romo was such a good leader the Cowboys wouldn't tank every December.

Sent from a Galaxy S3 far far away.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say both mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Bree's, rothlesburger, Wilson, luck, and any two of kappernick, Ryan or stafford.

I think all 11 of these guys have more mental toughness the. Romo. I would even consider dalton and flacco to be close.
I get romo puts up huge numbers.... Just not from November on

No, he has huge Novembers. Just tanks after Thanksgiving. The dude eats way too much turkey.

Sent from a Galaxy S3 far far away.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My top 10 qb's in no particular order would be:

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Arron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler.

Wilson seems like a good kid but as far as a qb goes, he's still a work in progress and Kaepernick's decision making needs improvement. Foles played in the NFC least and played against some pretty sorry teams so I can't put him in my top 10. Robert Griffin III took a huge step backwards IMO but that might have something to do with the ex coach.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My top 10 qb's in no particular order would be:

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Arron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler.

Wilson seems like a good kid but as far as a qb goes, he's still a work in progress and Kaepernick's decision making needs improvement. Foles played in the NFC least and played against some pretty sorry teams so I can't put him in my top 10. Robert Griffin III took a huge step backwards IMO but that might have something to do with the ex coach.
I agree that Wilson, Kap, Foles, and Stafford are a work in progress. Stafford has played the most in the NFL so far and has improved (with the right coach, I'm interested to see what he does this year). They all have their issues though (but are very young and will get much better), but Romo should be at the prime of his game, and he just can't win, even with a very talented set of receivers. Andrew Luck was a better QB in his rookie season than Romo every was. Cutler has really come into his own in Chicago, but how much of that are those 3 very good receivers? RG3, without a blown knee, would be in my top 10, but I think that guy has taken way too many beatings in his short career, not sure he will be the same QB ever again.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right now, i'd take Romo over most qb's, with some exceptions of course. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Arron Rodgers would be 4 qb's i'd take over Romo, afte those 4, i'd take Romo in a haeartbeat.

Agree with Stafford, he's a very good qb but his decision making is below where it should be for his time in the league. Maybe with a new coach that will improve.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right now, i'd take Romo over most qb's, with some exceptions of course. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Arron Rodgers would be 4 qb's i'd take over Romo, afte those 4, i'd take Romo in a haeartbeat.

Agree with Stafford, he's a very good qb but his decision making is below where it should be for his time in the league. Maybe with a new coach that will improve.

Wow that is bold. What about Roethlesburger and his Super Bowls or Ellie as much as I hate him and his 2. And then guys with more upside like Luck or Ryan.
Romo just can't win late

Top Bottom