Wild Weather 2023

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw that there is a possibility of a tornado for Lac St Anne. Most likely will head north ish but after last night's absolutely wild light show and rain, we are taking some preventative measures.

Pretty awesome to watch but different when you have a family to look after.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a tornado warning for the peers area, a funnel cloud was spotted around Cynthia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a tornado warning for the peers area, a funnel cloud was spotted around Cynthia.

Was thinking of you Matt when I saw the watch for your area. Keep an eye to the sky!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems to be more out your way/entwhistle and wildwood

Seen pics of tennis ball size hail in the Wildwood area, the sky was extremely dark over there for hours.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I was just south of Westlock last night. That storm came in with a crazy plow wind that looks like it did a lot of damage. Saw lots of trees down. A barn roof half off and a hay shed completely down. Wife’s mom said in town there was lots of damage. It was a bit scary in the motorhome that I had just bought hours before. Did hail but small and not much. I even saw power lines pushed over.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rained so hard last night at Lake Isle the culverts couldn’t keep up in my neighborhood. The water was running over driveways on its way to the lake. And these are massive ditches had completely overflowing culverts.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Rained so hard last night at Lake Isle the culverts couldn’t keep up in my neighborhood. The water was running over driveways on its way to the lake. And these are massive ditches had completely overflowing culverts.
Any damage your way from the wind Andrew?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing we could see. My buddy who lives in the neighbourhood closest to Highway 633 was out last night and he said it sounded like freight trains going by overhead for 20 minutes at least. But no downed trees in our hood. I’m gonna go quading this weekend and see how the trails look

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing we could see. My buddy who lives in the neighbourhood closest to Highway 633 was out last night and he said it sounded like freight trains going by overhead for 20 minutes at least. But no downed trees in our hood. I’m gonna go quading this weekend and see how the trails look
I'm sure there will be chainsaw work required.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
b56ed1f733b4d33be33058ba2cd27405.jpg

Those fell in Edson a week ago, No damage that I could see to the house, I got the vehicles inside when I seen what was coming from the west.

Definitely Not liking the new radar map images, hard to distinguish between heavy rain and hail now.

Top Bottom