EV charging data....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh look what if found, guess who said this??? I guess you forgot about that note to yourself.

Note to self. Do not try to charge at -18 with the wimpy 120v charger. I will be installing a welder plug at the in-laws house next time I go.

And this.

Yes but 120v is very slow. It is basically useless when it’s -25.

You know he’s been reading this thread sitting there vibrating watching and waiting to try to prove someone wrong about evs. He thought he had his chance there.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took an UBER from airport when it was -25. It was some electric car and the guy was proud that it was the second one in Canada. Can't remember the brand but it was a chilly ride. I won't be buying on of those pieces of ch!t.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i know one thing for sure, no one will be able to prove my son wrong, he always tells the truth and has owned an EV since 2018 and always will own one... i think anyway.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Massive restriction on natural gas consumption, big users like us are already having to curtail production due to main line pressure situations. That coupled with the ever increasing carbon tax it’s just not feasible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And up here companies are pulling back on drilling programs from low gas prices. If only we could put a round metal thing in the ground that could carry the gas from place to place and solve these issues.

Reality is the electricity still has to come from somewhere, a thermal natural gas powerplant will pay half the carbon tax of a coal plant, a combined cycle natural gas plant will pay 50% less yet again.

That new combined cycle plant in Edson should make killer coin, they'll be profitable at power prices well below the operating costs of the existing thermal fleet.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth is power of any magnitude has to be generated by a prime mover of some sort and anything other than Hydro will have emissions. All the EV does is move the emissions from the tail pipes to the source of the electricity and create all kinds of other issues. Quite sure Justin and his party really don't understand this.
Think these EV lovers also think food comes from the store and don't understand how it got there. Sad a lot of todays generation has likely never left the city or been on a farm..

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth is power of any magnitude has to be generated by a prime mover of some sort and anything other than Hydro will have emissions. All the EV does is move the emissions from the tail pipes to the source of the electricity and create all kinds of other issues. Quite sure Justin and his party really don't understand this.
Think these EV lovers also think food comes from the store and don't understand how it got there. Sad a lot of todays generation has likely never left the city or been on a farm..

This is why an EV should be more appropriately labeled "RCV" Remote Combustion Vehicle. Emission free labeling is a crock.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Massive restriction on natural gas consumption, big users like us are already having to curtail production due to main line pressure situations. That coupled with the ever increasing carbon tax it’s just not feasible

Its off topic but this is completely backwards to my experience in the northeast. 5 years ago we used to cut back all the time due to pipeline pressure, but now its a non issue. Even during that -40 snap we still had good pressure throughout.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit more on topic, PG is not the best place to own an EV. If you want to wander off on a road trip in the winter and charging stations are spotty but if you have in your head you are just going to charge up from a 120v plug in. Two things come to mind, it will not work and you might end up stuck on the end of that umbilical cord and trust me this is not as easy to remove as one might think. So rent a car or borrow one. And when plugging into that fast charger just remember each one of those cost the tax payer 50000 dollars. So go easy when bragging about how little you pay to those who subsidized the EV. Just be glad you're not having to wait 10 hours or more to get a charger because everyone is forced into an EV by incompetent governments. Fist fights happen at those stations especially around big events...rent a car when attending them.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha... but you can order all your parts from Aliexpress, just takes a month or so to arrive.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man i have a ton of those lithium batteries and not just the handheld tool ones, the 50lb ones. A lithium fire is always sitting in the back of my mind. I think everone needs to get educated on this, something like avalanche training coarses. The bought a paid for media does not want the dangers of this getting out.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh look what if found, guess who said this??? I guess you forgot about that note to yourself.

Note to self. Do not try to charge at -18 with the wimpy 120v charger. I will be installing a welder plug at the in-laws house next time I go.

And this.

Yes but 120v is very slow. It is basically useless when it’s -25.

I did say that. It charges very slowly but it doesn’t lose charge by being plugged in.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have an EV so no experience but what I see so far and from my experience maintaining large industrial battery systems there is no way I would buy one. I feel the technology is advancing so rapidly anything you buy will be obsolete in a short time.
I keep a vehicle a minimum of 10 years unless it is a POS

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re a classic example of someone with very little knowledge or experience talking the most.
I have no where near the knowledge your in-laws have on the power cost of a tesla plug into a welders plug. The best things in life are free.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no where near the knowledge your in-laws have on the power cost of a tesla plug into a welders plug. The best things in life are free.

giphy.gif

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That tid bit of info is Gold right there for the koo-laid drinking types to actually get the message maybe. No EV(because you wont be able to afford 1anyway) means you will depend on the chitty public transpo system the lefties want you to take thus having control over your entire life.

Top Bottom