Tips for dealing with new riding partners

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've met all my riding buddies on here or FB groups. I always have a conversation with them first, try to gauge personality to see if it's someone I get along with first of all. Some people are just difficult to get along with, or are arrogant, and that's a red flag for me right away. After that, it's finding out what their riding skills are, if they have the right gear & training, and if they drink and ride.

I've met a lot of great riding partners this way, and quite a few friends. Can't say I've ever met up with anyone that I wouldn't ride with again. Talked to a couple guys that I decided against riding with, but overall I've met great people, and they tend to bring along other great people with a similar mindset about sledding.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Same and have good friends to this day from just showing up in parking lot . Lol
Younger years would just go to parking lot and meet people .
New town new areas and always worked out great .
Would always pick the older fellas mostly as they new chit and once you hung with them they took you under the arm. Lol
But in saying that I know lots of people never put themselves out there so never meet new peeps.
Same goes for performance and brands. You can have really great running machine in your group or area but sometimes it will fall short in others .
That’s the fun of meeting new people .
Now it’s all social media and forums I think . Lol
All good stuff .

Reactions: RXN

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im puzzled as to why the doors locked with the fob in the cab. If my honda keys are in the ignition it will not lock the doors if the engine is idling.
My old 2007 ram would not lock the doors with the key in the ignition either unless yah used another fob.

Good idea not to bring frenchy again, your story made it seem like you are a patient person.

A few years back my buddies 2012 ram 3500 diesel was warming up and it decided to unlock and lock the doors by itself. Left us in the Allen Creek parking lock for a half hour using a Chevy radio antenna to hit the door unlock button.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Same and have good friends to this day from just showing up in parking lot . Lol
Younger years would just go to parking lot and meet people .
New town new areas and always worked out great .
Would always pick the older fellas mostly as they new chit and once you hung with them they took you under the arm. Lol
But in saying that I know lots of people never put themselves out there so never meet new peeps.
Same goes for performance and brands. You can have really great running machine in your group or area but sometimes it will fall short in others .
That’s the fun of meeting new people .
Now it’s all social media and forums I think . Lol
All good stuff .
I really enjoy the younger guys because they are always willing to help a guy out. All you have to say is BET YOU CAN'T LIFT THAT and presto your sled is out off the trench. Testosterone is a wonderful thing, I just don't have enough of it any more.

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom