Tie rod ends

skor

Reaction score
I just bought tie rid end kit, and was looking for advise or steps on how to replace the old ones?I was told to measure the thread on the arm and adjust the new ones to the same so that it can be aligned as before.Only reason I'm changing them is there's free play on the steering wheel when I hold the tires with my foot and turn the steering.Any tips or pointers are welcomed ;-)

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lift and remove both wheels do one side at a time or you will throw the centre of the steering wheel out take a piece of angle iron cut 2 pieces 3 feet long drill a hole to mount to the hub put one on each side measure the distance on the back and the distance on the front of the angle iron write it down remove one tie rod put on new one and measure do the same on the other side after the new ones are on you need to do a toe out the distance on the front of the angle iron should be no more than 1/4 inch than the back to do this turn each side tie rod a bit after that turn nut against tie rod end to lock in place hold tie rod end with a wrench when you do this or you will damage it

skor

Reaction score
lift and remove both wheels do one side at a time or you will throw the centre of the steering wheel out take a piece of angle iron cut 2 pieces 3 feet long drill a hole to mount to the hub put one on each side measure the distance on the back and the distance on the front of the angle iron write it down remove one tie rod put on new one and measure do the same on the other side after the new ones are on you need to do a toe out the distance on the front of the angle iron should be no more than 1/4 inch than the back to do this turn each side tie rod a bit after that turn nut against tie rod end to lock in place hold tie rod end with a wrench when you do this or you will damage it

Thank you!

Top Bottom