The way the G4 should look.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the sneak peak love the G4, but that's one ugly headlight and dash assembly.
This is the way it should of looked. A little bit of bodywork does wonders to a sled.
image.jpg

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a bit of trouble picking out the difference in your pic above. Care to elaborate or maybe post a pic of gen 3 from the same angle?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm holding up the brochure and the only thing I can pick out is the gauge pod/headlight assembly looks to be back about 3".

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those were the days Dad would strap a pot of chilli on the back of the old cat and heat it up while we ripped around the kananaskis glacier Awesome Will see the new one next

Last edited:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet. Backing that whole headlight gauge assembly back 3-4" makes look great. Probably need to narrow it up a bit too. This way it won't hold a pile of snow.
One thing I noticed at the show was the steering post is a little soggy. I think it will be a hot item to replace. Other than a few minor things I guess it should be a great sled.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only had one book to cut up. Otherwise I would of had both stack up on one another.

Ha ha. Only one brochure :) I have a whole pile of online stuff that I am studiously avoiding until the snow check passes April 13th. I am thinking I will invest a few more grand into avalanche training and more time on the hill. Might even rent one to see what they are like for myself. Yes. I am a cheap B*stard.

The guage set up looks like it would be OK as everyone says the same thing - never looking at it anyway - but the positioning seems a little odd. Myself I like a bit of windshield for the ride in and out on the trails. Apart from that sled looks great.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. Only one brochure :) I have a whole pile of online stuff that I am studiously avoiding until the snow check passes April 13th. I am thinking I will invest a few more grand into avalanche training and more time on the hill. Might even rent one to see what they are like for myself. Yes. I am a cheap B*stard.

The guage set up looks like it would be OK as everyone says the same thing - never looking at it anyway - but the positioning seems a little odd. Myself I like a bit of windshield for the ride in and out on the trails. Apart from that sled looks great.

Frankly if you could not get a demo ride and are somewhat on the fence for purchasing a 2017 I would /a. Bug my prospective dealer for a ride on a 2017 or just rent one. Great idea

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went to the sneak peak love the G4, but that's one ugly headlight and dash assembly.
This is the way it should of looked. A little bit of bodywork does wonders to a sled.
View attachment 196254

1456348233933.jpg

As close as I could get them to the same size. There does appear to be some difference in the area of the steering post. Pretty hard to tell definitively......

Hahahaha.............the preview showed both sleds one above the other. The "posted reply' just has the attachment description. Fooled again :noidea:

Last edited:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the way these new summits looks from a side view, looks mean and ready to F some stuff up! In the same breath I think it's freaking hilarious that the orange and white sled looks EXACTLY like daffy duck from a front veiw!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duckface doo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 236
Top Bottom