"The Thing" Can

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? I was going to try one out this winter but would like some opinions.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a friend who has been riding for probly 30 years. he is very religious about tinkering with his machines and knows his stuff and does his research. he runs it. to me thats saying something.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one in my zx and a good buddy has one in his rev ,have never had a issue ,and the sound is deadly..

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got one on my dragon, it works and loud when you want it to be.

skrat

Reaction score
Had one one my Dragon. Better throttle response than my SLP can. But the Thing is too loud for my tastes.

Jenkie

Reaction score
Have a friend that has one for a dragon - what is a good price for a slightly used one?

skrat

Reaction score
I still have the one for my 700.

I would sell it for 150.00

Gordxp

Reaction score
i have one on my 05 800, no problems and it sounds really good. It is the "quiet" thing and its plenty loud, more so than a trail or standard MBRP, hope it helps, also like the way it mounts, stays in place.

mustard73

Reaction score
I recently bought a used 07 m8 and it has the thing on it. Its pretty loud. Can't really comment on performance because I haven't put the stock can on to compare.

I will complain about the way it mounts though. It really hangs a lot of weight off the end of the pipe and the springs at the y-pipe really have to work hard. My donut has started puking oil and one of the springs actually popped off and scored up the clutches. I added some springs to help stabilize the exhaust but am still seriously considering ditching "the thing". The MBRP can mounts way nicer.

Just my 2c.

DOONORTH

Reaction score
Have had one on each of my sleds from 05 to present. Work good. If you talk to al he might have a quiet can for your pol.

skimmin

Reaction score
Lovin mine. It's on an 03 Mountain cat 800 efi. I'll never own a sled without one.

Jenkie

Reaction score
I purchased one and it makes a substantial difference. A little loud at first, but I'm used to it now

Top Bottom