the OFFICIAL sled deck thread

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got my classic sled deck installed today. It was some work that is for sure cause i have a slip tank that sits under it. I used a hard composite rubber that was 1"thick doubled it up so 2" under the legs in box and 4x6 3/4" thick metal plates under the box. Bolted down with Grade 8 1/2"bolts and teflon lock nuts. I must say she is solid!!! The rubber under legs worked good and will see how it does this winter.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just use safety rational to get it approved... it is ergonomically beneficial and the savings in WCB premiums due to reduced sparain/strain injuries will more than cover the cost of the set-up over time...

Just sayin...

great idea!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got my classic sled deck installed today. It was some work that is for sure cause i have a slip tank that sits under it. I used a hard composite rubber that was 1"thick doubled it up so 2" under the legs in box and 4x6 3/4" thick metal plates under the box. Bolted down with Grade 8 1/2"bolts and teflon lock nuts. I must say she is solid!!! The rubber under legs worked good and will see how it does this winter.

I used rubber under the legs in the first truck I installed the deck in. It did end up denting the box and I ended up with 3/4" plywood under the legs.

Just a heads up.....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 5 brand new Cross-Trax shortbox decks here that have to go this weekend...$2400 + GST. I'll be heading back up north on Tuesday morning, prices will return to normal then. I'm also putting this offer on Kijiji, so I don't imagine they'll last too long. 403-783-0717

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have 5 brand new Cross-Trax shortbox decks here that have to go this weekend...$2400 + GST. I'll be heading back up north on Tuesday morning, prices will return to normal then. I'm also putting this offer on Kijiji, so I don't imagine they'll last too long. 403-783-0717

How long are they?.....will they overhang the bumper on a dodge shortbox?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, the 85" will hang past your tailgate a couple inches, but it's still inboard of your bumper.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are your plates attached to your trucks frame like a 5th wheel hitch mount? If not, you can look forward to your deck mounting system eventually tearing shards of sheet metal out of the bottom of your box. Unless you catch it in time then you will be stuck with cracks everywhere. Not much use in using heavy duty mounting gear to attach your deck to a soup can is what I'm saying.

wiseguy

Reaction score
Are your plates attached to your trucks frame like a 5th wheel hitch mount? If not, you can look forward to your deck mounting system eventually tearing shards of sheet metal out of the bottom of your box. Unless you catch it in time then you will be stuck with cracks everywhere. Not much use in using heavy duty mounting gear to attach your deck to a soup can is what I'm saying.

Had my Marathon in my Dodge bolted to the box using 1/2" bolts and 4" x 4" plate washers. Had the deck in the truck for 5 years and never had a problem. Deck always had at least 1 quad or sled on it too.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 432

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truckboss 8 $4,595 (Incl: TRUCKBOSS deck system w/Extendable sides, TEL-RAMP-10-F, Front & Rear TEL-LEG, Cab Guard/Ramp Bar)
Truckboss 7 $4,295 (Incl: TRUCKBOSS deck system w/Extendable sides, TEL-RAMP-10-F, Front & Rear TEL-LEG, Cab Guard/Ramp Bar)
Truckboss 6 $4,095 (Incl: TRUCKBOSS deck system w/Extendable sides, TEL-RAMP-10-F, Front & Rear TEL-LEG, Cab Guard/Ramp Bar)

All of our pricing can be found on our website Truckboss Modular Aluminum Sled & ATV Truck Decks

HOLY HELL!!!! i will keep my cash and just buy a decent used enclosed trailer there only about 3 grand more

Reaction score
HOLY HELL!!!! i will keep my cash and just buy a decent used enclosed trailer there only about 3 grand more

Actually we had a price increase on August 1

TRUCKBOSS 8 $4695 (comes with 10' fat ramp, expandable sides, cab guard and ramp bar)
TRUCKBOSS 7 $4395 (comes with 10' fat ramp, expandable sides, cab guard and ramp bar)
TRUCKBOSS 6 $4195 (comes with 10' fat ramp, expandable sides, cab guard and ramp bar)

You can also start with a Base deck and upgrade over time. This is a modular product, any accessory and any TRUCKBOSS component (i.e expandable sides) can be easily added at a future date.

TRUCKBOSS 7 Base with a Base Carbide Protection Kit, Ramp Bar, and a 10' Fat Ramp is $3650

With the Base you still maintain sealed storage and the ability to have an infinite amount of tie down points

This a product that is designed and assembled in Edmonton, Alberta with Extruded and Anodized components from Minnesota.
Absolutely no off shore manufacturing is involved in any product that we produce, and there never will be.

It even makes your truck pretty. :cool:

Attachments

• Army Chevy.JPG
    Army Chevy.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 411

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I don't want a pretty $3500 deck I want something that just holds 2 sleds and gets me to the hills. Not all of us have that kind of cash you boys at marathon don't offer a plain Jane deck that simply holds down 2 sleds? Why not cator to the average working class joe as well.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
As long as your using the turnbuckles as well as the bolts,it should be fine...But i get what your saying

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I got a deck I was going to alter it to slide and lock into my 5 th wheel rails.

sent from my htc

Top Bottom