the OFFICIAL sled deck thread

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are your plates attached to your trucks frame like a 5th wheel hitch mount? If not, you can look forward to your deck mounting system eventually tearing shards of sheet metal out of the bottom of your box. Unless you catch it in time then you will be stuck with cracks everywhere. Not much use in using heavy duty mounting gear to attach your deck to a soup can is what I'm saying.

Like i said i am not to worried about the box getting smashed or cracked or whatever else. It is beat to sh** anyways and a new white truck box for a F350 is not hard to find for cheap cause lots of companies sell them cause they but a deck on or something. So dont really care. Thanks for the info though!!!

Reaction score
Well I don't want a pretty $3500 deck I want something that just holds 2 sleds and gets me to the hills. Not all of us have that kind of cash you boys at marathon don't offer a plain Jane deck that simply holds down 2 sleds? Why not cator to the average working class joe as well.

The Classic was limiting, and if you took into perspective what you were getting for $3600-$3800 (Marathon Classic retail value), it was a very steep investment for something that would be used for 4-5 months, retired for the summer, and repaired in the fall (replacing or re-staining plywood, repairing welds, repairing exposed wiring, replacing sliding polymer disks).

The reason why Marathon designed the TRUCKBOSS was to provide our customers with a lot more value for their money:

- Fully Anodized (Finish lasts for years vs. months)
- Seals a truck box better than a tonneau cover
- Modular construction (economical and easy to replace parts)
- 100% Extruded Aluminum bolted construction (No welds, or plywood to deal with)
- 5/16" capture channels all over the deck surface, sides and cab guard for unlimited tie down points and easy accessorizing
- All backed by a 2 year warranty and a canadian company that goes above and beyond for their customers

TRUCKBOSS is a Cargo Management System vs. the Classic sled deck which is still a great product but limited

Marathon doesn't have a monopoly on doing things right, but we try to address the needs and wants of as many of our customers as possible, that being said, we have a multi fit 8' Classic deck in great condition with an extra tall headache rack, Superglides on the surface, a side load bar and a 10' telescopic fat ramp for $2800 in the yard if you would like.

If interested, you can contact us through our website Truckboss Modular Aluminum Sled & ATV Truck Decks phone us toll free 866-440-6800 or visit us in Edmonton 7719 44A st.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is everyone positioning there supper glides on there decks I have had this deck for 3 yrs always just used it for quads and dirt bikes now using it for sleds as well and can see the marks on the deck after only having it on there once

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
End up with a Marlon deck for the price (2100 tax in no ramp) not a bad deck but not great, had it modified for Jet Craft 14' ramps and added a trap door. If it would have been in the fall when jet boating season was done, without a second thought there would be a custom built Jet Craft deck on my truck. IMO the best deck out there. Maybe to price for the average guy but wow they are nice.

I do like the Truck Boss but heard way too many horror stories from guys who use there decks every day of the year on logging/oil patch roads and I need a deck that can have a trap door to fill my tidy tank, not sure if this is something they offer.

100th post, lol only 3 years to get there. :thumbsup2:

Last edited:

OrangePeeler

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but what are the legal requirements in BC for sled overhang?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a marathon sled deck with a 2 piece ramp. This is the first year i have had the 2 piece ramp vs the telescopic. I am just wondering for the guys with the 2 piece ramp what is the quickest and best way to put it together. Just wanted some input from the guys that use them lots and some tips on how to put the 2 sections together and get it on the deck sleds unloaded quickly!! thanks guys

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My crosstrax, just partially pull out the upper half and then slide out the lower half of the ramp and hook into upper(while it's still in the frame), and then pull the whole ramp out and use as required ;) ...... Saves trying to put it together on the ground;)

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My crosstrax, just partially pull out the upper half and then slide out the lower half of the ramp and hook into upper(while it's still in the frame), and then pull the whole ramp out and use as required ;) ...... Saves trying to put it together on the ground;)

Ok thanks man i was messing with it on the ground was bit of a fight!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is how I do mine too.

GRD

Reaction score

x2. Best way to do it.

butters

Reaction score
I run an original marathon, no extends, beaver tail. I dont think i'd ever pull a trailer again. All the weight on the truck i can go absolutely anywhere and laugh at the dual rear wheeled trucks with enclosed trailers stuck in the parking lots. takes a bit to get used to being up that high fueling up and unloading, but it works best for me.

Top Bottom