Hows your truck's weight carrying capability?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alberta doesn't have wights on private vehicals
Oh ya, funny u say that

But tell the people coming back from camping -holidays that get check at the scales by d.o.t, that they don't check weights

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
Oh ya, funny u say that

But tell the people coming back from camping -holidays that get check at the scales by d.o.t, that they don't check weights

never seen it in alberta I know bc does it,but here if its private then its up to rcmp to enforce but on all my private reg there is no weights

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, funny u say that

DOT (or motor transport services in AB) do not check recreational vehicles. says right on the big white signs...RV exempt. only time they will stop an RV is if there is a visible safety issue like a wheel on fire, missing wheel, etc. in Alberta all they care about is your tire rating. must be able to carry the load, even if you have an F-150 pulling a 40 foot 15,000 lb fifth wheel. as mentioned above, the RCMP are the ones responsible for privately registered vehicles

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DOT (or motor transport services in AB) do not check recreational vehicles. says right on the big white signs...RV exempt. only time they will stop an RV is if there is a visible safety issue like a wheel on fire, missing wheel, etc. in Alberta all they care about is your tire rating. must be able to carry the load, even if you have an F-150 pulling a 40 foot 15,000 lb fifth wheel.
U tell d.o.t that to people at the rocky scales on a long weekend

They are there checking r.v, trucks with say car trailers ect...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they never checked me when I went by there in July. twice
Where they at the scales??

I used to live 10 min away from there and also drive to rocky to work every day

Seen them there lots, don't be nieve that they won't be there
Just a FYI I did see them at the sylvan lake pull out checking stuff other than big rigs before too.....

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where they at the scales??

Just a FYI I did see them at the sylvan lake pull out checking stuff other than big rigs before too.....
when I got to town on wednesday night they were there. cruised into town, fueled up, got booze, and drove by them again. never gave it two thoughts...never ever been stopped anywhere they (DOT) were checking out holiday trailers in AB or BC

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I got to town on wednesday night they were there. cruised into town, fueled up, got booze, and drove by them again. never gave it two thoughts...never ever been stopped anywhere they (DOT) were checking out holiday trailers in AB or BC
Huh

Mabe there where having a good nite and not checking as much as they should

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
Huh

Mabe there where having a good nite and not checking as much as they should

I got stoped in my frightliner once for a headlite when dot came up to the truck he said I stop you for your head lite but I didn't know it was a private vehical and he left,I don't think they have any thing to do with private vehicals only commercial

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they are stopping on a long weekend , it's a joint thing d.o.t and rcmp both there....even seen a Renta cop there too

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they are stopping on a long weekend , it's a joint thing d.o.t and rcmp both there....even seen a Renta cop there too
so it's just as it was mentioned above, recreational vehicle compliance enforcement is the responsibility of the RCMP and not commercial vehicle enforcement officers. MTS will not actively stop RV's or motorhomes because it has nothing to do with them.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
full.jpg

Top Bottom