the OFFICIAL sled deck thread

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Campingnut I will check with him. His wife said there was no way that he was riding up a ramp on a deck.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so you know he will probably be looking at $7000 maybe more for one built, less if this guy knows of a used one.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 chev 2500 with a jet craft deck. My truck has a 6 inch lift and have never had any troubles with it. It is bolted through. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353088469.279185.jpg

mavericklauzon

Reaction score
Hey, just finished reading through this whole thread, didn't see anything that said how big of pieces of 3/4 plywood your using under the legs to distribute the weight. I just bought a classic marathon 8' sled deck and am mounting it in a 2004 dodge ram 2500 long box. Was planning on bolting through and using turn buckles as well. I know must people just turn buckle them and you can get away with it that way but I've heard some bad stories with dodges factoring hooks pulling out of the bed so was gonna bolt as well. Anyone with a dodge just turnbuckle their marathon in place?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, just finished reading through this whole thread, didn't see anything that said how big of pieces of 3/4 plywood your using under the legs to distribute the weight. I just bought a classic marathon 8' sled deck and am mounting it in a 2004 dodge ram 2500 long box. Was planning on bolting through and using turn buckles as well. I know must people just turn buckle them and you can get away with it that way but I've heard some bad stories with dodges factoring hooks pulling out of the bed so was gonna bolt as well. Anyone with a dodge just turnbuckle their marathon in place?

i would put the deck in the truck box and see where it will sit first then you can see how big the plywood pieces should be as you want them to sit on multiple ribs of the box floor so it spreads the weight out better and will sit flat when bolted down

farmboy020

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure this is on here somewhere but having problems finding it. Looking at new sled decks and was wondering if running a 7 ft deck on a short box with a 154 track is legal or not and if those of you with 7 ft decks are happy or regretting not going with the 8 ft thanks in advance

DigItOut

Reaction score
So I see there's a lot about people buying manufactured decks but are there many of you out there who have built your own? I've seen a couple in this thread and was curious as to how heavy did you go and how long have you been using them? I've already started building one, copying a guy next door who works at a polaris dealership and he just built his a couple months ago and loves it. I'll have to get a couple pics up when I can but just curious as to what you guys have :)

Powjunkie

Reaction score
Bull dogg sled decks? anyone use em?? Guy says he'll sell me a last years model for long box new for 3200?? good deal?? Ive never had a deck.. any suggestions? Im in northern bc closest cities are prince george and dawson creek. so selection is limited..Thanks

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt sound like a bad deal. I think Bull dog are fairly reputable company. Deck prices have sky rocketed in the last few years, and ones for a long box are generally cheaper as most of the survey companies use them. I would check it out and compare to prices on here and kijiji.

Cheers

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt sound like a bad deal. I think Bull dog are fairly reputable company. Deck prices have sky rocketed in the last few years, and ones for a long box are generally cheaper as most of the survey companies use them. I would check it out and compare to prices on here and kijiji.

Cheers

Gona pick up a marlon from t team next week. Great price, looks good and comes with super clamps for the same price as I've been paying for other brands. 3200 for a standard deck seems way to steep to me unless it comes with clamps and super glides then maybe. Having a survey company means I buy a new deck at least once or twice a year. Now have multiple cross trax, multiple stf and now going to pick up marlon and give it a whirl. I like the idea of a one peice ramp sled deck for 2000$ cheaper than a marathon lol

Last edited:

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
i bought a marlon this year, so far i love it. i have a 2011 f250, not sure is anyone has had this problem, but on the new style superdutys, the front part of the box floor in front of the wheel wells curves up, instead of just being flat, thus my leg is not sitting on a flat surface, thinkin this could pound out the box in time. ideas?

Powjunkie

Reaction score
Yes deck comes with front and rear super clamps and super glides on 10ft 2 piece ramp.. 3200 out the door.. Just priced out new one in powder coat black 4600+frieght... What does a marlon go for fully loaded?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes deck comes with front and rear super clamps and super glides on 10ft 2 piece ramp.. 3200 out the door.. Just priced out new one in powder coat black 4600+frieght... What does a marlon go for fully loaded?

2600 with ramp super glides and 2 front super clamps.

2900 for same but black power coated

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a bulldog sled deck prob the best out there I think comes with super clamps , under side lights and extended ramp . I got it in a dodge maga cab short box $2000 if anyone is interested

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a marlon deck and it is a case of you get what you pay for:
cracked welds, chitty LEDS, the metal strip that goes across the back of the wood will rip off within the first few use's, the headache rack will pull free from the center bolt if you try to use it to secure you quad or UTV. If I could have waited I would have a jetcraft deck without a second thought.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how we roll in SK. Chev 1500 with 10" wheels, deck with two sleds, trailer with one sled, three passengers and gear.

Attachments

• 20130202_173421-1024.jpg
    20130202_173421-1024.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 398

doo225

Reaction score
anyone out there close to Whitecourt have a two piece ramp that will fit a square bar marathon ramp they will sell for a decent price?? crosstrax ramp will work too... mine was stolen

Top Bottom