The load

gorpet

Reaction score
Greetings fellow humans, I am new to snowmobiling and I think I am going to like it. Tonight I tried to load the sled into the back of the truck, but I couldn't get it in I kept spinning out. I purchased a aluiuium ramp but it wouldnt go past it, and rather than tear the Blvd of my neighbor I parked it and will attempt to do it in the morning. First of all I live in Edmonton, in Rossdale right below downtown. Tonight my goal was to load the sled and sled in leduc area in the morning, I am going to go slow because I really don't know how to drive it.
I am lucky because I have park in front of my house and as I took it out of the garage I couldn't help but take it in that park, balls out with a sh%7 eating grin, I was happy to see all of the lights out of the assintant chief of polices house as I flew by, then I had to go over to my friends house just to leave tracks on his BLvd.
The park in front of my house has a small hill and tomorrow when I will load it from there. As I drove across the at 70 kms all I could of think of is I am going to like this toy.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The key to getting into your truck is momentum............this could be very hazardous if you screw up.For now find a ditch and back into it so you cut down the angle.When loading keep a grip on the brake in case you overdo it!
Good Luck!
catmando!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must learn that sleds leave tracks and they can follow you home..Just sayin!
Be careful out in the Leduc area and if you are on private land you need permission first..

gorpet

Reaction score
Must learn that sleds leave tracks and they can follow you home..Just sayin!
Be careful out in the Leduc area and if you are on private land you need permission first..

Yes I noticed that, they look good in the park but its insured and has a plate how big can the fine be? Besides I couldn't help myself. This sled sat in the Garage since May 28, its been burning a hole in my gut just looking at it. I am sleding at my cousins acreage, he sleds so we are going together, so I will just follow and trust he has permission.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledding in the city park ?? LOL
I would not want to guess what the fine would be...
They might even take it away from you.
Hope it snows lots tonight and covers your tracks.
unless you can prove that you are pushing it ! LOL

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there really enough snow to ride in Leduc, im an hr away and there is no way that my carbides or track would like the amount of snow we got!!:mad: Not to mention the BIG ROCKS:eek:

Last edited:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the grove and we need a lot more snow yet... it needs to pack first
But on my way home tonight I saw three sleds on the east end of Spruce Grove rippin it up...

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the grove and we need a lot more snow yet... it needs to pack first
But on my way home tonight I saw three sleds on the east end of Spruce Grove rippin it up...

Ouch!! those guys must have some CASH our snow needs to pack to, think that the wind will help.:d:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow humans, I am new to snowmobiling and I think I am going to like it. Tonight I tried to load the sled into the back of the truck, but I couldn't get it in I kept spinning out. I purchased a aluiuium ramp but it wouldnt go past it, and rather than tear the Blvd of my neighbor I parked it and will attempt to do it in the morning. First of all I live in Edmonton, in Rossdale right below downtown. Tonight my goal was to load the sled and sled in leduc area in the morning, I am going to go slow because I really don't know how to drive it.
I am lucky because I have park in front of my house and as I took it out of the garage I couldn't help but take it in that park, balls out with a sh%7 eating grin, I was happy to see all of the lights out of the assintant chief of polices house as I flew by, then I had to go over to my friends house just to leave tracks on his BLvd.
The park in front of my house has a small hill and tomorrow when I will load it from there. As I drove across the at 70 kms all I could of think of is I am going to like this toy.

Your carbides are probably hooking on the ramp, do you have plastic sliders on it so that the carbides will ride in them?? The guides kind of look like plastic truck box liner (look up Superglides on the internet, you will see what I mean). Also your track needs something to hook on, so make sure you have some traction there. If its got plywood up the middle of the ramp, you're screwed, it will just spin.

Yes momentum is your friend but too much and you will land the sled on the hood of the truck, so be careful. Typically start about 10-20 ft back and then gas it on the flat ground and then just kinda coast it up the ramp and into the truck. If you can't get it in under power or are too nervous, you should be able to pull it in by hand up the ramp with help, I can pull my big sled into the back of my truck by myself up the ramp, two peeps should be easy.

Yes, its tempting, but please avoid riding in city parks. Sledders are already looked upon as scum of society so please don't help perpetuate that myth. Having some guy ripping around the park only stacks public favour against us.

rotax

Reaction score
Yes, its tempting, but please avoid riding in city parks. Sledders are already looked upon as scum of society so please don't help perpetuate that myth. Having some guy ripping around the park only stacks public favour against us.

/agree

Its not only effecting you if you get caught, fined, in trouble, etc.
They then assume that this single person displays how ALL snowmobilers act, and we're all immediately labeled as such.
We all pay for every other sledders stupidity when it gets portrayed to the public.

If your loading into the box of the truck, the ramp issue..shouldnt be an issue. Assuming the carbides do indeed have a plastic piece of some sort to slide on. Otherwise you probably are better of lifting it in. :p

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there really enough snow to ride in Leduc, im an hr away and there is no way that my carbides or track would like the amount of snow we got!!:mad: Not to mention the BIG ROCKS:eek:

nearly a foot of fresh in Red Deer tonight and counting!!!! Wooohooo I too was gonna take my new cat out for a rip to the local park tonight but passed as I have shitty neighbors for this kind of thing. I'll rip it in the am instead haha. Hopefully I get a cop who loves to sled haha.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carbides on aluminum will not slide , unless your doing 60+ ye ha ride em cowboy, you are going to need some sliders on that ramp for sure. stay out of parks an streets as we are losing riding areas as it is and don't need the meenie greenies after us. also you will likely be turned in by pissed off neighbor and get a wallet lightening fine, which you will deserve.

rmk mod

Reaction score
My neighbor last winter took his sled for a rip down the side streets and into the park, was jumping the drifts and messing around a bunch. Left the park and drove back, up his drive way and into the garage. Turned the sled off and turned around and there was the cop in his drive way, HAHA. Huge fine, not sure what the exact number was but right after the cop left a pissed of neighbor followed his tracks to his house and tore him a new one. Not worth the hassle, and the money from the fine could buy a bunch of :beer: in the mountains.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to add: if you do try the "momentum trick" with an aluminum ramp with no ski guides, the skis will hook, the bottom of the ramp will go straight ahead and the top will stand up and you will drive under your truck with a ramp on your head. Be careful.

gorpet

Reaction score
Finally got it in, had to use a pile of snow at Telus field. Its all about momentum, time to tie it down and head out to Leduc to get snow in my face. Thanks for the help and thanks to all the rule keepers. I promise not to do that again.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got it in, had to use a pile of snow at Telus field. Its all about momentum, time to tie it down and head out to Leduc to get snow in my face. Thanks for the help and thanks to all the rule keepers. I promise not to do that again.

carbides and aluminum = brakes on hard, instant stop and flying time:)

geelak900

Reaction score
Go to Marathon Industries in Edmonton and buy Superglides for your ramp, that will fix your problem.
Please do not ride in the park. I like snowmobiling, people who see you do that don't. There are more of them than us.

Top Bottom