The How To's of Shredding with your Sweetheart....

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe to you its like missing the boat but bringing the old lady up into the alpine sounds like a nightmare to me, even worse than bringing the wife golfing. My mountain trips are my thing to get away and just be able to ride with no interuptions. I don't enjoy going with newbies, kids etc etc so I'm guessing bringing the wife would be hell. We do certain things together like snowboarding, quading, golfing( once in a while ), going on tropical holidays and camping. As for sledding.......... thats my thing and it will continue to be

All I have to say about comments of leaving her at home is "Wow, really?" I think you are missing the boat in a big way. I'm not saying that mountain riding is for everyone (a lot of guys, too, based on the carnage and sometime poor riding choices I've seen in the past). Is my wife Bret Rassmussen or Chris Burandt? No, and I don't expect her to be, either. Prior to her knee and shoulder injuries, I've seen her embarass a lot of men on the hill by executing very technical lines. Only reason she went back to a 600 this year was weight and ease of handling - the rotator cuff will be a slow healing process.
Is mountain riding physically demanding? Yes it is, and I know it the day after every ride when I roll out of bed - but don't sell her short saying " she won't be able to handle it" I personally know at least 3 female riders that can make 80% of men look stupid in the hills, so it isn't all about strength and testosterone, boys. Unfortunate that the attitude is present, cause if you enjoy your spouse's company, you would be willing to have some patience while she learns - you all were "green" riders once... just sayin

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe to you its like missing the boat but bringing the old lady up into the alpine sounds like a nightmare to me, even worse than bringing the wife golfing. My mountain trips are my thing to get away and just be able to ride with no interuptions. I don't enjoy going with newbies, kids etc etc so I'm guessing bringing the wife would be hell. We do certain things together like snowboarding, quading, golfing( once in a while ), going on tropical holidays and camping. As for sledding.......... thats my thing and it will continue to be

I'm a nightmare to take golfing.... All I hear is

Put your shoes on

Put your shirt on

Stop catching frogs in the water trap

No swimming in Golfing....

No sound effects... Smack Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Powwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many beer have you had?!!!!!!!!

But I certainly have fun :p

joebrokeit

Reaction score
Ive been told I'm a little off center but I enjoy taking newbies / kids. Ya sure you can't go steep and deep but where i live you can find places for dad to have fun and still stay newbie friendly... YOU'll never laugh so hard in your life as watchin newbies on a nice day in the pow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The do's and don'ts are easy.................... leave her at home.

That's just a dumb way to think. My wife let's me go off without her (once and a while) and get into some beaten path adventure with Foothills M8 but some of the best rides I've had are with her. She always happens to have her camera ready when I do something stupid.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The camera is a good point. while she's learning she'll likely be a great photographer for ya lol i was. couple hundred pics a trip. but now that ive learned how to ride better.... he hasta come track me down to get a picture or video taken :p

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on really deep pow days, just buy her a bottle of wine and tell her where u are going lol

I guess you'll never have to shell out for that bottle of wine since you will never have a person of the opposite sex willing to hang out in the same room as you for more than 10 minutes... Let alone sled with you.

Last edited:

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you'll never had to shell out for that bottle of wine since you will never have a person of the opposite willing to hang out in the same room as you for more than 10 minutes... Let alone sled with you.
Now that's funny right there. Nice! Looks like Willy will have to continue running one off by hand until he gets a woman to sled with.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cale, I love the way you adore your Kick arse Shreddin Wife. You guys are just awesome! Men, Take note.. this man not only likes to ride with his wife... but he also Helps her to have the best to enjoy.

:D!!!!!!!

He sure does! X2;)

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you'll never have to shell out for that bottle of wine since you will never have a person of the opposite sex willing to hang out in the same room as you for more than 10 minutes... Let alone sled with you.

Baahhh good one! You get rep for that!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An ecstatic wife messaged me full of excitement and joy.
Her husband read the article.. loved it.. they both read it.. He realized her 550 fan wasn't going to take her where she needed to be and bought her a new ride!!

High five buddy!! You ROCK!!!

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, I leave mine at home, except for about 3 or 4 times a year, she likes going but only wants to ride the trails, If she had other people to burn trails with she could go every weekend. I've tried swaying her to the wide open meadows to build confidence and get more comfortable. and she feels bad when I'm on dig out duty, so for now she prefers going fast and thats all. but when we have a ton of snow down low, she gets out and rides with a bunch of people 2 or 3 times a week. lots of people around here love field riding that don't want to drive an hour to the mountains.

and YES I have a waaaay nicer sled than her, she rides my backup sled that I set up for her(700, 156) and now I have no backup sled lol. but I don't buy sleds for girlfriends, IF she was a wife sure. So if she wants a nicer sled now she can buy it herself.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm still teaching my wife how to drive a car...................seriously how much chit can she possible hit in the garage.Oh and I have tennis balls and laser beams pointed everywhere.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still teaching my wife how to drive a car...................seriously how much chit can she possible hit in the garage.Oh and I have tennis balls and laser beams pointed everywhere.

Haa ha haa! Use your Happy voice!

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love your article as always Momma and would be uber cool to sled with my partner but she's just not that kind of chick.

Top Bottom