The Chive

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's probably a ton of us that go to The Chive.

Last night my brother in law was on it when suddenly some Gorilla link showed up. It claimed to have the hottest chicks on the net. So he clicks. Now he's staring at some if the hottest chicks he's ever seen. About 2 minutes in a few things happen...

A warning pops up that it was copyright infringement.

His laptop takes his picture through his built in web cam.

It shows him his picture on the screen.

It shows him his IP address and location.

Tell him he can have his lap top for a fee.

WTF just happened here he says! This virus got past his security. The only button he can click is one to pay. He says he's not paying them a dime because they will keep using his CC # or PayPal password etc.

So he's screwing with it. Computer is dead even today. White screen with one option to pay.

He went out and bought a new lap top because he's out of town working.

So BEWARE!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's probably a ton of us that go to The Chive.

Last night my brother in law was on it when suddenly some Gorilla link showed up. It claimed to have the hottest chicks on the net. So he clicks. Now he's staring at some if the hottest chicks he's ever seen. About 2 minutes in a few things happen...

A warning pops up that it was copyright infringement.

His laptop takes his picture through his built in web cam.

It shows him his picture on the screen.

It shows him his IP address and location.

Tell him he can have his lap top for a fee.

WTF just happened here he says! This virus got past his security. The only button he can click is one to pay. He says he's not paying them a dime because they will keep using his CC # or PayPal password etc.

So he's screwing with it. Computer is dead even today. White screen with one option to pay.

He went out and bought a new lap top because he's out of town working.

So BEWARE!

Happened to a co worker, hes 62 and clicked on an ad that says improve ur sex life. Same thing happened. Phoned his computer buddy and he fixed it over the phone for him. Crazy

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol...that's funny. there's some crazy sh!t these hacker kids are doing nowadays, was reading about them being able to get into your computer now and activate your web cam whenever they want, which sounds like they did to your buddy. they have a whole section on reddit where they trade their "slaves" IP's so they can watch people live on their own webcams without them knowing. they get you to click on something that downloads a program, and then they can completely control your computer remotely. I put tape on my camera on the laptop so my pic don't show up on reddit with me picking my nose....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
lol...that's funny. there's some crazy sh!t these hacker kids are doing nowadays, was reading about them being able to get into your computer now and activate your web cam whenever they want, which sounds like they did to your buddy. they have a whole section on reddit where they trade their "slaves" IP's so they can watch people live on their own webcams without them knowing. they get you to click on something that downloads a program, and then they can completely control your computer remotely. I put tape on my camera on the laptop so my pic don't show up on reddit with me picking my nose....

You don't pick your nose, doo you???? That's how rumors start......next it will be scratching, oh never mind!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND the back window sticker is in the same catagory as the "2 in the pink 1 in the stink" back window decal OMG really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so embarrassed seeing them in my City.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND the back window sticker is in the same catagory as the "2 in the pink 1 in the stink" back window decal OMG really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so embarrassed seeing them in my City.
lol....I think there's a member here that has like a 4' X 6' decal of the shocker on the rear door of his enclosed....

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got paraniod and put hockey tape over my webcam, and I'm only surfing S&M ...

hockey tape to the rescue again !!!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that antivirus2014 or whatever was annoying too, its a virus that makes you buy their software for an antivirus. You need to download mozilla malware do all the updates, disconnect your internet and run it to kill the damn thing. Im sure this one is the same, they need an internet connection to survive.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never run any anti-virus program. It's a virus itself. I don't click on anything sketchy or read any emails that don't pertain to work or from my contact list. I haven't had a problem yet. I backup my documents onto an external. If my comp crashes, I break it over my knee and go but another 500 dollar Acer. My days of buying 2400 dollar laptops with 200 dollar antivirus programs are over.

Top Bottom