Kijiji pos

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, it was just on the news. Guy took an etransfer for a $1000 pair of shoes. It showed up in his account so he let the guy have them. Twenty minutes later he checked and money was not there.
Read this;

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-...andise-in-apparent-e-transfer-fraud-1.5080749
That really doesn't make any sense. If that is truly the case, then they are basically saying they do not want to play in the e-transfer game. Most, if not all exchanges are done by e-transfer. Think of how many exchanges are done over the internet and shipped.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've made people wait till the etransfer was in my account for over an hour once.I would rather have cash.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shiity someone needs to go out of their way to screw someone. Every year you can trust people less and less. I am guilty of taking people at their word so would imagine i get bit someday.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya those losers screw it up for us normal people. I wouldn't think about it to much from my experience those kind of people get whats coming to them. Stealing a belt and some oil kinda makes me laugh what he's 12 years old. Lol

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your experience Shawn.... we live in the world of no ethics!

yeah sledders are a awesome group of people....and I suspect he definitely wasn’t one...oh well lesson learned. Like I said I wasn’t concerned on the value but making sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

I figured in mid 40’s I’ve learned all the lessons. Lol.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many times the time waiting on transfer has been used to Cruz the shop and BS while consuming a cold one or two.

No way i wanta Cruz the shop with a Kijiji buyer.

I will go out of my way to meet people and not have them come scope my shat.

But that attitude also turned me Into a pack rat and I should purge.

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a 69 charger on kijiji nothing fancy but had lots of potential same rims and paint as the dukes...anyway s I messaged the guy he took forever to respond then when he did he said he was in the eastern states but the car was at his dad's by red deer...long story short we chatted back and forth I never pursued it something seemed off a couple days later I seen a scammer add for the same car. I guess a guy from Saskatchewan put a g note down for a deposit and never heard from the guy again. With the economy in the dumps scammers and crime gonna go up big time!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do a lot on kijiji, prefer marketplace but if you are trusting people that’s your first mistake, treat like a business transaction and you will be fine. I do etransfer all the time. When my account says the money is there, they get there shat lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For **** sakes, that was a really good deal and he still had to **** you over. Might not be a bad idea to snap a picture of a drivers license on e-transfers.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's usually lots of internet tough guys on this forum. Surprised no one from Calgary has volunteered to go 'buy' these items back.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's usually lots of internet tough guys on this forum. Surprised no one from Calgary has volunteered to go 'buy' these items back.

I went and tried to find the ad on there to do just that but I am far from a tough guy haha.

longtrack 156

Reaction score
Take a photo? I wouldn't mind if someone took my pic if I were buying or selling? Then if you posted on social media we could all see!!!

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

I almost feel bad for the guy in a strange way. I can't imagine being such a worthless POS that you would throw away any dignity you have for a couple hundred bucks. It's one thing to be a piece of ****, but for $200. That's just pathetic

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

I almost feel bad for the guy in a strange way. I can't imagine being such a worthless POS that you would throw away any dignity you have for a couple hundred bucks. It's one thing to be a piece of ****, but for $200. That's just pathetic
It is truly sad that a guy would do it for $200

Top Bottom