Kijiji pos

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just a FYI

I had a belt and 2 jugs for ctec oil on Kijiji. This dude named Jamie messaged me about it ...came to a deal and asked if he can etransfer me before he picks it up. I said sure....so the etransfer wasn’t coming through and sometimes it takes a bit....he even messaged me a screen shot of the pending transfer to my email....he arrived and we chit chatted a bit about what sled he’s riding..said a alpha hardcore. So this was about 15 mins from the when he transferred the cash...he seemed legit and said he was traveling from Regina to Calgary...I said well I’m sure it will come through and he might as well go...my fault for trusting people ...

Well that’s the last I heard from him...messaged him and nothing. So that evening I started searching Kijiji and seen a add of a guy in Calgary selling oil and belt for a ctec. One of the pictures in his add was mine that I had in my add. So I messaged the guy named Lee Fraser to ask about it...then I asked if he could pay me for it before he sells it. Well he removes all his adds, so I figured it was the same guy.

I emailed Kijiji and they confirmed that the 2 accounts were from the same guy. So just a FYI on the lastest lengths people will go. I don’t care about the oil and belt but don’t want to see anyone else get screwed

He was driving a black ram 1/2 ton. Looked maybe like he a tool box across the back and a brown dog sitting in the back seat. He was maybe 5’4” 160lbs late 30’s early 40’s. Said he picked up a hardcore from Ralph’s.

Belt cover has a ghostriders price tag on it and he was going to pay $220 for the belt and 2 jugs of oil. Loser.
347C542F-5222-4318-9E9C-1291D33324D2.jpg
13D25C8E-5BC3-44DB-86B5-B1B7E3058A20.jpg
4E531E4F-71C9-42AB-9B7B-A6BD95E9A952.jpg

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad that scammers will go to these lengths just to screw someone out of a small amount of money

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad that scammers will go to these lengths just to screw someone out of a small amount of money

yeah your going to risk it for 2 jugs of oil and belt. The funny thing is that there was 2 guys offering the same 200 offer and looking back a week earlier it was his lee account.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's shady AF sorry about your luck with this POS. I should made a deal with you and got it on the way to me with the S&M courier service!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks! I hate thieves. You can’t even trust etransfer anymore.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
That sucks! I hate thieves. You can’t even trust etransfer anymore.

you can initiate an etransfer take the screen shot, then go into your pending transactions and cancel it within minutes, I think its something that the banks should change, but with auto deposit on a lot of peoples accounts setup they may not be able to

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be a day where someone (hopefully you) will find him 40 km in on the backside and in some serious need of some help to avoid a costly chopper ride or something. When that day comes I hope who ever finds him leaves him panicking for a while before getting his slime ball azz off the hill. Then, before you do actually hook up and start to drag his azz to the cabin you can take some time to repo some value from what he has on him.... maybe his pack will be worth enough, so then it is yours. Grab your pack, drag his azz to the cabin and leave him there. You know he won’t die and you get paid. Should likely teach him a lesson.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can initiate an etransfer take the screen shot, then go into your pending transactions and cancel it within minutes, I think its something that the banks should change, but with auto deposit on a lot of peoples accounts setup they may not be able to

good point on auto deposit.

I’ve done a lot of buying and selling on Kijiji in the last 11 years. Never had any issues like this, but with the covid economy crush I guess anything goes.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
good point on auto deposit.

I’ve done a lot of buying and selling on Kijiji in the last 11 years. Never had any issues like this, but with the covid economy crush I guess anything goes.

I'm guessing he hit "cancel this transfer" right after he took that screenshot

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you to an extent. Not everyone has thousands sitting in their safe ready for Kijiji deals and sometimes the deals are good enough that you need to scoop them up that night (typically you find the deals after banking hours). I have done deals on sleds that were cash and transfer, but as stated above NOTHING leaves my shop without full payment in hand/account. I am willing to accept transfers if required and I will even take multiple transfers from multiple accounts to be able to reach the total funds that needs to be paid but the purchaser better be ready to wait. Typically guys understand that I am doing them a favour and are grateful for me to even accept the transfer(s). Many times the time waiting on transfer has been used to Cruz the shop and BS while consuming a cold one or two.

KIJIJI is a site for CASH ONLY

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you to an extent. Not everyone has thousands sitting in their safe ready for Kijiji deals and sometimes the deals are good enough that you need to scoop them up that night (typically you find the deals after banking hours). I have done deals on sleds that were cash and transfer, but as stated above NOTHING leaves my shop without full payment in hand/account. I am willing to accept transfers if required and I will even take multiple transfers from multiple accounts to be able to reach the total funds that needs to be paid but the purchaser better be ready to wait. Typically guys understand that I am doing them a favour and are grateful for me to even accept the transfer(s). Many times the time waiting on transfer has been used to Cruz the shop and BS while consuming a cold one or two.

Why is that my problem if I'm the seller? :confused: If my item is that good of deal that it cant even wait a day or it will be gone, you best have some cash or your SOL. lol

Top Bottom