The cabin is sold! ferniesnow and his better half are moving!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It has been a little hectic around here and my plate has been very full. That was the reason for the low post count in the last little while. Listed the house on April 15th and fully expected it to take a year or more to sell at a decent price. We were not giving it away! Well, lo and behold, in 3 months we are now homeless with a price that is very accommodating. July 15th is the date for the new occupancy. Just crazy to think that it would be gone that fast. Panic mode to get out of the house and put personal belongings in storage.

We are moving to Salmon Arm but haven't got anything established at that end. I have a client that still needs 2 months work and that will be interesting. Going to live in our holiday trailer in the Pass (Elkford and Sparwood campgrounds are all booked up) until I get my client finished. Two decks to build and a 24 x 26 shop to finish (interior and exterior). Am I crazy? Maybe yes. I took on the job thinking that I would have all summer to do the work and the house would just kind of stay in limbo. Can't go back on my word and a hand shake.

There will be interruptions in our involvement on S&M due to poor WiFi but I will still be around. The daily birthday wishes may suffer somewhat but that can't be helped.

As for the handle, ferniesnow, I will keep that (as it is a legend after all) and continue on even though we aren't going to be riding Fernie snow in the coming winters. I look forward to meeting new people and riding with old friends in the Shuswap.

Now to devote our time to finding some place to live before the snow flies!!

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been a little hectic around here and my plate has been very full. That was the reason for the low post count in the last little while. Listed the house on April 15th and fully expected it to take a year or more to sell at a decent price. We were not giving it away! Well, lo and behold, in 3 months we are now homeless with a price that is very accommodating. July 15th is the date for the new occupancy. Just crazy to think that it would be gone that fast. Panic mode to get out of the house and put personal belongings in storage.

We are moving to Salmon Arm but haven't got anything established at that end. I have a client that still needs 2 months work and that will be interesting. Going to live in our holiday trailer in the Pass (Elkford and Sparwood campgrounds are all booked up) until I get my client finished. Two decks to build and a 24 x 26 shop to finish (interior and exterior). Am I crazy? Maybe yes. I took on the job thinking that I would have all summer to do the work and the house would just kind of stay in limbo. Can't go back on my word and a hand shake.

There will be interruptions in our involvement on S&M due to poor WiFi but I will still be around. The daily birthday wishes may suffer somewhat but that can't be helped.

As for the handle, ferniesnow, I will keep that (as it is a legend after all) and continue on even though we aren't going to be riding Fernie snow in the coming winters. I look forward to meeting new people and riding with old friends in the Shuswap.

Now to devote our time to finding some place to live before the snow flies!!

View attachment 217721

View attachment 217722
Well wth Doug, never got a guided tour there.... Dang it lol

Glad ya decided on salmon arm still

Last edited:

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now you get to make friends with new neighbors.

Salmon Arm is a little far to go and survey your property line.

Best of luck with the move.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Now you get to make friends with new neighbors.

Salmon Arm is a little far to go and survey your property line.

Best of luck with the move.

Haha...........hopefully, there won't be the need this time around.

We still owe you for what you did a couple years back. You are like tex78 and never got the tour.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to see you go bud but all the best to you and Bev in your new home!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well....... I guess we seen this coming about a year ago or so, when you had Jeff kind of show you around. And then me and my wife were out shortly there after, doing the same lol.
Congradulations on the sale of your materpiece in Elkatraz, someone is getting an extremely well built and taken care of house, shop and yard. I only had the pleasure of staying there the one night and enjoying drinks and grubs with Bev as well.

Salmonsnow or Sicsnow, doesn't have the same ring, so keeping ferniesnow would be the best and then I can still say "I know the legend"
I'll Doo what I can in the birthday thread, but if I miss a day or 2? I hope that someone could at least "copy & paste" the Bdays. Even if there is know story, it's still nice to be acknowledged :hi:

Congrats again Doug and Bev :beer: :beer: :D

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We may have picked Sicamous but there is no NG. Propane/electric heat would get expensive. Really close to the world's best ice cream though!!

I was thinking it's a close drive to Revelstoke, but yeah sicamous has some pretty decent riding as well.

congrats on the move :party2:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well....... I guess we seen this coming about a year ago or so, when you had Jeff kind of show you around. And then me and my wife were out shortly there after, doing the same lol.
Congradulations on the sale of your materpiece in Elkatraz, someone is getting an extremely well built and taken care of house, shop and yard. I only had the pleasure of staying there the one night and enjoying drinks and grubs with Bev as well.

Salmonsnow or Sicsnow, doesn't have the same ring, so keeping ferniesnow would be the best and then I can still say "I know the legend"
I'll Doo what I can in the birthday thread, but if I miss a day or 2? I hope that someone could at least "copy & paste" the Bdays. Even if there is know story, it's still nice to be acknowledged :hi:

Congrats again Doug and Bev :beer: :beer: :D

Thanks Doug #1. The birthday thread will be normal until July 14-15th. Then we will see if the campground in the Pass has good enough WiFi to accommodate us. It is appreciated that you would step in once in awhile.

As for the "legend", that is what some people tell me enyweys.................:gathering:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are different phases in life and there will come a time when burning wood is going to get too much for an old fart. I was never a fan of pellets. Why buy those processed things and think one is saving money?
Buy wood then, that's what I been doing since I broke my ankle

160-190 a cord delivered can be found here, fur or white pine

Top Bottom