Auto/Home Insurance

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
it wasn't your sister in law, it was her minion, she wouldn't let me talk to your sister in law.
I don't understand the "we can do no better' comment, your issue is not cost it's coverage and service by saying they can do no better she is representing the organization poorly

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't understand the "we can do no better' comment, your issue is not cost it's coverage and service by saying they can do no better she is representing the organization poorly
well, let me rephrase that.... "we cannot compete with the price you're paying today"........

So that tells me that $11,000 a year is a competitive price?

I know that AMA is high too so I question it, but she didn't even call me, just sent an email.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Annual home insurance increase time.
Anyone here use a company called Max Insurance? They are coming in 2500 cheaper than my current provider

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here use a company called Max Insurance? They are coming in 2500 cheaper than my current provider
House has been with max for a couple years. Was the best rate my broker found when we bought the acreage.

Haven't ever made a home insurance claim though, so can't speak to that experience.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you use a broker? Or is this with Max directly?
Id be interested to know more….

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you use a broker? Or is this with Max directly?
Id be interested to know more….
I when down a rabbit hole on rate hub who did a bunch of quotes, Max was one of them. The local broker then contacted me and went through through the quote. Definitely cheaper than the rest. I have a $4824 spread from lowest to highest in my quotes, it's nuts. I can send you the contact for the local broker if you wish.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put everything through Intact (Brokerlink). Much cheaper.
Had house (acreage) 4 vehicles, motorhome, two quads….was less than 900/mo. Right now we are house, 4 vehicles (including Hellcat), 1 quad….around 525/mo.
Just to update this: in the last 2 years my house rate has nearly doubled. I talked to my broker and got the whole "fires, flooding, natural disaster" thing causing insurance companies to lose money (lies: he means "make less money"). I also asked why since all my vehicles are depreciated, are my rates going up? I don't have the moho, only 3 vehicles now, 1 quad and I'm up around $1k per month.

Anyways, I sent a note to the Max guy DRD mentioned...see where that goes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Definitely shop around. My house insurance started at $1100 (or there about) in 2019. Went up considerably and this year they wanted $2100.
Got the same coverage for $930.
For house, 2017 F350 and a 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe the total is $3500.

My shocking billing comes from Telus. TV/internet, 2 phones, and house security coming in at $4750 annually.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My shocking billing comes from Telus. TV/internet, 2 phones, and house security coming in at $4750 annually.

You should probably look into that. I'm about $2,800/year. 2 new phones on contract with Koodo, internet, and Netflix, Prime & Disney+.

Telus is brutal for phones, if you don't use tons of data Koodo is way cheaper, they just don't have free overage data like Telus does. We have 40gb each for 55/month and new google phones. Christmas is the best time to shop for deals on new phones and plans as rates are cheapest.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to update this: in the last 2 years my house rate has nearly doubled. I talked to my broker and got the whole "fires, flooding, natural disaster" thing causing insurance companies to lose money (lies: he means "make less money"). I also asked why since all my vehicles are depreciated, are my rates going up? I don't have the moho, only 3 vehicles now, 1 quad and I'm up around $1k per month.

Anyways, I sent a note to the Max guy DRD mentioned...see where that goes.
DRD ‘s guy got back to me….I’m still cheaper with Brokerlink….

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should probably look into that. I'm about $2,800/year. 2 new phones on contract with Koodo, internet, and Netflix, Prime & Disney+.

Telus is brutal for phones, if you don't use tons of data Koodo is way cheaper, they just don't have free overage data like Telus does. We have 40gb each for 55/month and new google phones. Christmas is the best time to shop for deals on new phones and plans as rates are cheapest.
Aren’t we talking insurance here? WTF

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Aren’t we talking insurance here? WTF
Definitely shop around. My house insurance started at $1100 (or there about) in 2019. Went up considerably and this year they wanted $2100.
Got the same coverage for $930.
For house, 2017 F350 and a 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe the total is $3500.

I started out talking insurance Dave. Just a passing comment about the high price of Telus included in my post.

Top Bottom