THANKS to everyone...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Been meaning to throw up a props thread to the folks that allowed us to ride and get home last weekend....

My truck blew a tensioner pully bearing in Mt.Robson pass 1km east of the east gate. Guy stopped and helped me fish the broken belt out from around the crank and offered a ride to Jasper...too bad that was the wrong direction, said thanks and sent him on his way...

Wife and I began walking knowing that the visitors centre with phones and chit was only 20-ish km west hoping maybe somewhere we might grab some cell service.

Terry from Prince George had tuned around after seeing us walking and offered us a ride into McBride, very cool lady with a very kind heart she's a lab tech speciallizing in infants who recently trasfered from the childrens in Vancouver back to PG....THANK YOU.

Terry dropped us off at spindrift where Glen made a few phone calls and tracked down my part in Valemount, then he and his partner loaned us a car to go pick up said part and get back tot the truck to fix it. friggin over and above....

Got Part, fixed truck, returned car, bought belt and then after my wife complaining about our lack of trailer lights, Glen proceeded to cut off the old end and wired up a new 4-prong for us. missed the day sledding but by 3:30 pm the truck was fixed, we had lights and I was thirsty

T&T Terry had us a room waiting at the "At Home B&B" and Leona put on an Easter Dinner spread to die for....

Since we didn't get out Saturday we headed up bell sunday morning rode with an awesome crew, met up with a few other S&M'ers and had a killer bluebird day

On the way down a large duelly and trailer were heading up and as I moved over to give him room my truck decided to take a nap in the soft shoulder...refer to TeeGee's "strangest thing you've ever used to get a stuck truck out"... using a spare sled belt we connected his hitch to my tow hook an voila I was free before the belt snapped...

The drive home was fast and uneventful....

Thanks everyone...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Been meaning to throw up a props thread to the folks that allowed us to ride and get home last weekend....

My truck blew a tensioner pully bearing in Mt.Robson pass 1km east of the east gate. Guy stopped and helped me fish the broken belt out from around the crank and offered a ride to Jasper...too bad that was the wrong direction, said thanks and sent him on his way...

Wife and I began walking knowing that the visitors centre with phones and chit was only 20-ish km west hoping maybe somewhere we might grab some cell service.

Terry from Prince George had tuned around after seeing us walking and offered us a ride into McBride, very cool lady with a very kind heart she's a lab tech speciallizing in infants who recently trasfered from the childrens in Vancouver back to PG....THANK YOU.

Terry dropped us off at spindrift where Glen made a few phone calls and tracked down my part in Valemount, then he and his partner loaned us a car to go pick up said part and get back tot the truck to fix it. friggin over and above....

Got Part, fixed truck, returned car, bought belt and then after my wife complaining about our lack of trailer lights, Glen proceeded to cut off the old end and wired up a new 4-prong for us. missed the day sledding but by 3:30 pm the truck was fixed, we had lights and I was thirsty

T&T Terry had us a room waiting at the "At Home B&B" and Leona put on an Easter Dinner spread to die for....

Since we didn't get out Saturday we headed up bell sunday morning rode with an awesome crew, met up with a few other S&M'ers and had a killer bluebird day

On the way down a large duelly and trailer were heading up and as I moved over to give him room my truck decided to take a nap in the soft shoulder...refer to TeeGee's "strangest thing you've ever used to get a stuck truck out"... using a spare sled belt we connected his hitch to my tow hook an voila I was free before the belt snapped...

The drive home was fast and uneventful....

Thanks everyone...

Pretty sure you weren't destined to start that new job on Monday..... but anytime.... I've even added a tow chain into the back of the old blue truck!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh the memories that adventure will bring.......now go buy a better ride!..lol

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
anything can break down, I'm just glad it was an easy roadside fix.... the old 6.5 has always got me home....

oh the memories that adventure will bring.......now go buy a better ride!..lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fall in a sh*t house and come out smelling like a rose! A great circle of friends and acquaintances Ian. I'm glad it worked out for ya'!

BTW, did you get that job in Campbell River?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Makes one remember that most people are wonderful at heart, and that sledders are a grand bunch, for sure. That was nice of the lady from pg to help ya out..... That can be a lonely hiway at nite

Top Bottom