Tether Cord

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the hood off and saw this plug.Is that were u would plug your tether cord in?...If that is it does anything else need to do beside plug and go?..I want one to be on the safe side,saw what can happen without it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318793030.876225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318793030.876225.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, wrong plug. The Poo tether I bought #4010849, plugged in to the black 2 blade connector that's tied up in the connector bundle by the steering post. Pop the hood off and undo the velcro'd bag and it's in there.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, wrong plug. The Poo tether I bought #4010849, plugged in to the black 2 blade connector that's tied up in the connector bundle by the steering post. Pop the hood off and undo the velcro'd bag and it's in there.

Thanks alot for the info,found and installed it.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the main connector for all dash equipment must not have snapped in when I plugged it in and it was disconnected. Works fine now but the tether switch is a hair trigger. Any very slight pull (even to the side) shuts the engine down so I added a small filler in the tether switch rubber boot part and now it is not a hair trigger.
I do the mountains a bit and found the tether a must as it saved my 2002 RMK from going too far (when I was bucked off) thanks to the belt drag on a dead engine.

Last edited:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the main connector for all dash equipment must not have snapped in when I plugged it in and it was disconnected. Works fine now but the tether switch is a hair trigger. Any very slight pull (even to the side) shuts the engine down so I added a small filler in the tether switch rubber boot part and now it is not a hair trigger.
I do the mountains a bit and found the tether a must as it saved my 2002 RMK from going too far (when I was bucked off) thanks to the belt drag on a dead engine.

Drill a 1/2" hole,put the washer on the inside,then screw on the top part and it should work fine...Maybe u have the washer on the outside and it is keeping the tether alittle higher making it easier to pop off.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill a 1/2" hole,put the washer on the inside,then screw on the top part and it should work fine...Maybe u have the washer on the outside and it is keeping the tether alittle higher making it easier to pop off.
Nope, did er right and it did work fine as per instructions. Would work fine as it was but I did not want it to be a hair trigger so a small adjustment and it takes more pull to kill the engine. Still kills the engine before the rubber outer part even comes off the switch housing. Rudy...did you buy your sled from Elk Island Sales? My 02 RMK came from their and my sis lives in Bruderhiem. Do you ride around Fort Sk? Ever ride in the park?

Last edited:
Top Bottom