Tesla truck orders

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paying 100K for an electric Chevy avalanche might?

Valid point.

4dff44fb97727adeb981f12996d61630.jpg

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny just sayin' you're starting to come across a bit like a skidoo rider on the doolaid. I liked how this started because you were very objective but that is starting to get a bit blurred.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call the fawkin wambulance, I still see countless near 6 figure trucks running around in all industries.

I agree, but the guys I know sure as fawk aren't buying a 100K truck to save a few bucks on operating cost and to feel good about the environment. If it works for Johnny more power to him.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Money not withstanding I’d drive one for sure, think first choice for big money electric would be his roadster and keep my diesel but I still think it’s neat.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now check out what ford calls a 2021 electric mustang... they successfully murdered an iconic brand name with their electric iteration.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, but the guys I know sure as fawk aren't buying a 100K truck to save a few bucks on operating cost and to feel good about the environment. If it works for Johnny more power to him.

I dunno I just got a price quote for a brand new diesel Ram 3500 and it was close to $100K. Cybertruck will be $30K cheaper.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But will it have speakers and recordings of various pin it sounds . :ramsfan_small:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno I just got a price quote for a brand new diesel Ram 3500 and it was close to $100K. Cybertruck will be $30K cheaper.
Few grand for a decent generator, slip tank, and custom sled deck and a guy would be good to go

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I see right? He released this truck and then promptly lost $750 million?

I think that had more to do with one of his rockets exploding the day before the truck release.

My favourite part of the release was when he smacked the window and it broke haha.
Saw a lot memes about the "bulletproof" glass being made by the same people that make IPhone screens :alol2:

Im looking forward to its release, and of the E-car movement in general.

The looks do nothing for me (on all EV's to date) but you would have access to all its power at the stab of a pedal, no waiting for it to wind up. It will be silent and smooth as silk, what's not to like? It's obviously not going to be used to haul a 5'th wheel from coast to coast but it will satisfy about 75% of truck owners needs. Most people drive to work and back and throw a set of clubs in the back on weekends, maybe a load of dirt and this will fit the bill.

Its not for me, especially the looks but I'm excited to see what the future holds for E-trucks. I'm a Petrol-head and will be till the day I die but I'm loving the potential of these EV's. Once they get the kinks ironed out like driving them in -30 and much longer range I can see sales skyrocketing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFiw3_uXyyQ&t=249s

135 KPH in second gear, that's gettin down. But this is where E-vehicle's fall short for me. The sound of a carb'd Ferrari winding out at 8000 RPM is absolutely euphoric and can't be replicated. Loud car FTW!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5rANa5ETkyQ

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no superchargers, or charging stations where I live, or on the remote jobsites I work. Would need some way to keep the thing charged up. Not to mention it's pretty slim pickings for charging points between home and Valemount.

Yeah that would be tough. There will be eventually. You will not enjoy having an EV if you always have to use a generator to charge it. Check out all those fast chargers going in between Valemont and Edmonton. Orange ones are high speed DC chargers. High speed is kind of a broad term though as they are anywhere between 50-250KW.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 7.46.23 AM.jpg

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now check out what ford calls a 2021 electric mustang... they successfully murdered an iconic brand name with their electric iteration.

I'm not sure wtf Ford is doing but I really think they're about to pull a page out of the Chrysler playbook (Making the dodge trucks all "Ram") and make "Mustang" the name of their entire car line - only Fords will be trucks and (fullsize) SUV's. Don't make much sense to me, and a four door wagon with that badge is def nonsensical.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no superchargers, or charging stations where I live, or on the remote jobsites I work. Would need some way to keep the thing charged up. Not to mention it's pretty slim pickings for charging points between home and Valemount.
if you worked on active rigs might be able to plug right in to site generator, lol.

Top Bottom