Tesla truck orders

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
146,000 ordered already... any snow and mudders drop the big $150 to put name on one?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a3be13db5dbac6a5d9f1db2f98938ab2.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can still buy those delorean's I guess, brand new from the factory. they make about 350 of them a year.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But Tesla figured out a much better tail gate!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats just a concept vehicle. It wont begin production for a couple years at least and will have to have some changes to even be street legal.

200,000 people have put a deposit down. Only 150$. Wonder if there will be a class action law suit, when production model is nothing like the one they
are showing off?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...egal-but-pre-orders-are-pouring-in-2019-11-24

The model S and Model 3 both released the exact same as they were presented prior to production right? Have they ever unveiled a vehicle and then changed it dramatically when it entered mass production?
The only thing they need to add to be street legal right now is side mirrors, windshield wiper, and maybe a brake light on top of the cab. It's also possible that laws change between now and then and cameras are good enough.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not happening- they are perfect for mall crawling, golf clubs, and hauling leaves.

Hit door panel with a deadblow hammer.
Shoot body with 9mm gun.
Throw 1kg steel ball at window (it broke at the demo because they were hitting the side panels with the hammer first which caused the glass to fail but even in failure the ball did not enter the cab).

You must hang out at some pretty rough malls and golf clubs.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit door panel with a deadblow hammer.
Shoot body with 9mm gun.
Throw 1kg steel ball at window (it broke at the demo because they were hitting the side panels with the hammer first which caused the glass to fail but even in failure the ball did not enter the cab).

You must hang out at some pretty rough malls and golf clubs.

are you getting paid by Tesla or just drinking to much koolaid? Your defending them like its your little sister were talking about.

That thing is a SUV, it aint no truck. Most of us on here buy trucks so we can use them as trucks, we dont buy SUV's to use them as trucks.

Reactions: win

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you getting paid by Tesla or just drinking to much koolaid? Your defending them like its your little sister were talking about.

That thing is a SUV, it aint no truck. Most of us on here buy trucks so we can use them as trucks, we dont buy SUV's to use them as trucks.

ha ha so true. Yuppys buy these so they can drive up and down the California wine roads in a pink shirt and still claim there manhood.I bet there’s even room in the glove box for a few Gillette shavers.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The model S and Model 3 both released the exact same as they were presented prior to production right? Have they ever unveiled a vehicle and then changed it dramatically when it entered mass production?
The only thing they need to add to be street legal right now is side mirrors, windshield wiper, and maybe a brake light on top of the cab. It's also possible that laws change between now and then and cameras are good enough.

yeah but the others cars look like a regular car, this looks like a spaceship. I'm having a hard time believing I'll see it on the highway.

I'm wondering about the super strength for crash rating.
most vehicles are designed to crumple for safety.

I'm not a expert, so might be out to lunch here.

other thing I wonder is, if it does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds
but how fast does it stop? it's got to be heavy, they say it handles like it's on rails. being a heavy rig I'd have to try it to believe it.

not everyone can drive like a race car driver, not sure having a 7000lb truck that can go that fast is great thing for public safety but time will tell.

I'm not as anti tesla as most these guys Johny, but still have some healthy scepticism on the new rig. hope it comes through for you though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom