Technical Riding competition

Laner155

Reaction score
what you need to do is have the riding competition simular to the x games set up for BMX park. were you have 5 or 6 riders in a round, and ech guy gets 2 or 3 minutes to do his lines. then when his time is up the next guy drop in. then you have 2 or three round so each guy gets to go once a round, and after each rider goes he gets a score, then after three rounds you add up the scores. this is a great idea and needs to be done. and these arnt hillclimbs we are talking about, im talking about technical lines through the trees going up, sideways, and down. and if theres a rock face or somthing do drops and stuff.

Last edited:

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soft and dry in the Kootenays! :d:d:d:d:d:d

This contest sounds a lot like Meteor Mine hillclimbs... Some video of it is on this year's Thunderstruck and Krazy Canadian.

There is a course set up at the bottom with some tight turns and jumps.
You have to pas through some markers at the bottom of the hill, but then you can chose your line up through the trees... It's a pretty steep pull.
It's based on best time.
There are classes, 600, 800, 1000 and mod... Only one 600 made it out last year.
Lots of obstacles, cliffs, trees etc... and always lots of wreckage!
It costs $10 to get in, and there are cash prizes for the racers.

I'll post when I know when it is this year, but it is always a lot of fun. Come on out and check out the gong show!!! Or ad to it ;)

Oh for sure an all out great time! After the climbing the real good stuff starts whatever you got to show off to the crowd and the most technical part was getting back to the trucks after a full day on the hill…:d happens usually 1st or second week of Feb! That 600 I believe was Cam Hicks, he took it to the top and a stock sled at that. Doug, Justin & Cory had some sweet runs as well.

Not a great vid but gives an idea. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxVBzngf3ag[/media]

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid!!! That was crazy when Dougie blew the course to hit that chute!

I'd like to see the Elan give it a try... Now that would be a technical ascent!!!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take this idea for your overall course and mark out the start of really difficult lines (closer trees, steeper, etc.), difficult lines and then the easier lines with markers on the trees where each line starts across the face. Place a judge at each of these spots (without telling the riders) to score based on the line. Factor in their time as well. Each judge radios in the score for the current rider. Spectators would be hard to accomodate without somehow having cameras placed along the route and feed a big screen :D
Run the technical climb and the downhill separately.

IMO You'll need a spot where there is a rock face in the middle of the hill (or some other impassable object). Flag off something like a 400 ft wide "course" that riders have to stay within, but can use any of this area. Then you start riders off on one side of the hill, make them cross under the impassable area so they can't just go straight up, and then have the course turn uphill again and see who makes the top. Best line through the trees wins or fastest time etc to "judge" a winner. Maybe could have a downhill turn too, etc etc.

I attached a pic of what I'm describing but this hill doesn't have a cliff in the middle of it and its not even close to steep enough (I climbed this hill on a 440 Everest.....you have to use your imagination to picture a cliff in the middle of it too...:)) and I think the course needs to be wider but I hope you get the idea. The red outlined area is the race course.

rsw84

Reaction score
this is going down in Golden on the weekend .... come on out and have some fun and maybe a little healthy competition !!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG i would be all over this. great idea. ive often thought about doing something like this. rather than who can throw the most money at there climber sled and point it up

shheeet maxwell, the best anyone could do then is second place. you have first already sewn up. so i heard.

friggin can't win now.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
shheeet maxwell, the best anyone could do then is second place. you have first already sewn up. so i heard.

friggin can't win now.

I suppose being God gives him a slight advantage...... And with Maxwell there there is no way Chuck Norris is gonna show now...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose being God gives him a slight advantage...... And with Maxwell there there is no way Chuck Norris is gonna show now...

heard rambo is staying put in the woods. not taking any chances with maxwell.

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
howd it go guys?? get those biggest fish stories flyin! For real tho id like to hear how it went off? good equal competition? worth doin again? conditions and carnage?

rsw84

Reaction score
howd it go guys?? get those biggest fish stories flyin! For real tho id like to hear how it went off? good equal competition? worth doin again? conditions and carnage?

well i dont think anyone in particular had enough terrain to really shred hard, took a bit to get through the trees and a few of the peeps in the group couldnt make the last pull so we had to abort the mission. i still think it would be a riot if a buncha shredders could actually come out ..... but we all know how hard it is to get a buncha diff people together to rip. if anyone is still interested let Jared or I know and we will set some dates..

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

carnage.... yea there was alot of that. one sled came down backwards off a frozen waterfall. I screwed up on the water fall as well. 2 endos happened. bunch of rollovers. apex smoked a 6" cedar tree and won!!. couple sleds swamped in running water crossings. Heh this was all on the first hill. rodeo.... for sure.

tree work though was intense to get in.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA after a few tracks i wiggled up the waterfall... she was a bit of a ride though....
tree's in was fun... buddy on the apex should invest in a grain shovel... jus sayin.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA after a few tracks i wiggled up the waterfall... she was a bit of a ride though....
tree's in was fun... buddy on the apex should invest in a grain shovel... jus sayin.

grain shovel... dont they make a rowing exercise machine,i think he said he was gunna get ride of it after that battle lol.

note to self, no 4 strokes.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh man that was a riot great ride forsure! and yes tons of carnage I have some stuck pics on the riding conditions under golden and rocky point conditions we had some great carnage turned out my bulkhead might have a little tweak in it thanks to a nice tree on the waterfall coming down but oh well still rides straight so part of the bulkhead bumps the lower a-arm a little bit when you put weight on it lol:d all in all great day great group of guys and some great memories ryan you gotta post the video of that yammi comin up the waterfall!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty interesting. Was the skill level up to par or was it spread around? ie newbs intermediate, advanced?

rsw84

Reaction score
Sounds pretty interesting. Was the skill level up to par or was it spread around? ie newbs intermediate, advanced?

skillz were definately there but i think we need more dudes to really tell, maybe next time Oler can leave the stragglers at home lol jk and we can shred some awsomeness .. not like we didnt, or a place that the audience can actually make it into lol

Top Bottom