Team Tied Clutch on 2013 Pro RMK

jd8002011

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there is running a Team Tied Secondary on a PRO RMK ? What do you think of it and what helix/spring/weight combos are you running at what elevation?

kwin

Reaction score
rode a 13 pro with a tied a few weeks back, dont have a clue what he had for helix/spring, but it worked well compared to my 13pro, good topic, i hope others weigh in cause it backshifted very well. Do you know how much the tied costs/

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got one coming in, will be trying out next week and will let u know how it worked

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tied pro clutch was the answer for my 174 3 inch. The shifting is smooth like it should be. Now we are just going to try different primary set ups till we get it perfect. Be out this weekend again

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Hey jp what helix did you run? I just bought a secondary off Lenny r and it has a rkt helix but he is unsure of the angle. I also have a 174 with the 3" and I will be turboed with the mntntk turbo. Just wondered if you played with some different helixes.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I hit the hills with my turboed pro and tried my team secondary vs the stock one. The difference so far is the team is smoother upshifting and backshifting but I feel that they both seem to get the same top speed. I am pulling 48 mph trackspeed in a pull and I think there is more in these clutches if a different helix is used especially in the team. Does anyone have a secret helix that works better than stock? I am sitting around 200 hp with the turbo and I am running a 3' 174 track. Any advice would be appreciated as I think this sled should be pulling 50 mph plus trackspeed.

Briandublanko

Reaction score
I have a turbo 800 pro but with a 163 2.5 peaks track. I also have the tied secondary and so far have found that the straight 63 seems to be working well. Still need another trip to fine tune it yet but here it is.
Primary dalton weights with 3 - 3.5 grams added and weights are 70 gram base. Added weight is 14 turns from flush from the base of the setscrew holes. Boost is around 9 #. still stock primary spring.
Secondary setup is team tied 63 straight angle helix with a 180-300 spring team secondary spring.
Going to try a 65 angle and a 61 angle next trip to see if there is any gain.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Well I hit the hills with my turboed pro and tried my team secondary vs the stock one. The difference so far is the team is smoother upshifting and backshifting but I feel that they both seem to get the same top speed. I am pulling 48 mph trackspeed in a pull and I think there is more in these clutches if a different helix is used especially in the team. Does anyone have a secret helix that works better than stock? I am sitting around 200 hp with the turbo and I am running a 3' 174 track. Any advice would be appreciated as I think this sled should be pulling 50 mph plus trackspeed.
That is pretty good track speed depending on snow conditions. A turbo 2 stroke just doesn't have the torque to turn the track that fast in deep snow. My pro would do about 70 mph track speed in setup snow and 55-60 in deeper snow.
We use a 67 deg for the 174 and 63 deg for the 162/163 tracks.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is pretty good track speed depending on snow conditions. A turbo 2 stroke just doesn't have the torque to turn the track that fast in deep snow. My pro would do about 70 mph track speed in setup snow and 55-60 in deeper snow.
We use a 67 deg for the 174 and 63 deg for the 162/163 tracks.

Would you use 67 on a 163 X3 camo with 7T drivers?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Thanks Neil, I was riding in 2-3 feet of powder and it held 48 mph strong at any time. I will try the 67 degree helix in the new year and see what she does!

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Thanks Neil, I was riding in 2-3 feet of powder and it held 48 mph strong at any time. I will try the 67 degree helix in the new year and see what she does!
That is really good speed in those snow conditions. Let me know if you need a Helix, we have them in stock.

Top Bottom