Talk about a FLOP

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Isn't cool they finally made a sled lighter then Polaris?...What? Its not lighter then the Axys?.... Well it must be cool its as light as a Pro-ride.....What its not?....So all this French marketing fluff and its nearly decade behind in weight, sled to sled?

Well **** that engine better perform with those extra 50 CCs better then a Axys 800 HO....Oh ****, its the same as an engine thats been out for 2 years.....Well its at least good at sidehilling now?....Oh no that cant be right, BRP said its better in every way!

TryHonesty

Reaction score
It's a tough industry got to do what you got to do to get ahead

Your sled is still heavy as a boat with falisfied horsepower numbers. BRP really needs to spend money on R&D rather then drugging poor people like you in their propaganda chambers. It puts the lotion in the basket right?

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That there is some serious brand loyalty. When you guys talk about "drinking the doo-aid" I thought it was kinda funny but now I didn't know it meant that. I'm so embarrassed.

That comment was directed to someone else. Who I see has now deleted his comment lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your sled is still heavy as a boat with falisfied horsepower numbers. BRP really needs to spend money on R&D rather then drugging poor people like you in their propaganda chambers. It puts the lotion in the basket right?

Is that a joke? It's a terrible one. What brp spends on RND would surpass all the other brands combined in a year. Look who's been releasing state of the art new technology constantly leading the way year after year since the 670 summitx. There has been one "revolutionary" release that Polaris beat skidoo too and that was the weight loss on the pro rmk. But hardly revolutionary cutting out chunks of the sled removing the bolts using glue and having the thing literally fall apart on its own. Not to mention even though it was lighter the comparable summit still absolutely anialated it and would run for like 4 years! Best Power to weight ratio but still managed to make the low mark on the hill from poor traction and poor engine and clutching performance. So Congratulations on that one I've decided to hit the gym to make up for that 20lbs so my sleds can stay together for at least a year! Other than the extremely light Polaris rmk (which comes with a crappy engine and track combination and an abortion of a steering system) skidoo has been leading the RND pack for a very long time. Especially this year. They likely could have rode that T3 chassis out for another two years it was so far ahead in the mountain game compared to what's out there. Especially with the economy that's a pretty wicked move to drop all this new technology at once. Skidoo has facilities in the mountains specifically designed for research and development of these mountain sleds not Chris fawking Burandt saying give this thing some more flick ability and were a bit low on the instantaneous lift this year we better add a few more ponies but try to make it so it doesn't blow up

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap I could seriously only get through 3 pages of this before zoning out...
MAXWELL... my friend.. you need to think this through... hypothetically speaking.. if all of us.. everyone on earth were to become so enchanted by your doo bravado we indeed started chugging the doo laid, as you seem to want.. your life would be over as you know it.
1. You wouldn't have anyone to poke prod and antagonize.. we'd all be the same.. doo drones.. nothing different.. you wouldn't stand out or be unique
2. If all of us caved into one manufacturer.. Doo would have a monopoly.. now what do you think the Quebec-ois Ski Doo would do with that? Yes.. correct.. jump the prices to the point that only a few could afford such a luxury.. and no other manufacturer would exist so... you would lose riding friends... have no friends... and you would become depressed and lonely.. and all alone...

You're welcome... I for one am thankful not a lot changed with the Axys it freakin works.. is rock solid.. and wicked fun to ride! . Dirt bike manufacturers have it right in my opinion. Very little changes, rock solid units that really require no warranty because nothing every requires warranty. Solid R and D.. Solid Units.. and very little change from year to year... creating consistency.

If you're feeling lonely Maxwell.. reach out for a hug brotha.. we're here for you.
20160215110829(5).jpg

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they borrowed aerospace bail out money to design the 17's

I personally am upset that my (and yours!) hard-earned tax dollars did not result in a product of at least luke-warm performance. You would think that a publicly funded company such as BRP would have engaged some of the aerospace guys - you know - the people expert in creating lightweight, high performance machines to produce something of value - to give them a hand.

I almost want to snow check one in a spiteful "gimme my tax refund" maneuver. Almost - but I'm the kind of guy who likes more than 120 horsepower at altitude.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a joke? It's a terrible one. What brp spends on RND would surpass all the other brands combined in a year. Look who's been releasing state of the art new technology constantly leading the way year after year since the 670 summitx. There has been one "revolutionary" release that Polaris beat skidoo too and that was the weight loss on the pro rmk. But hardly revolutionary cutting out chunks of the sled removing the bolts using glue and having the thing literally fall apart on its own. Not to mention even though it was lighter the comparable summit still absolutely anialated it and would run for like 4 years! Best Power to weight ratio but still managed to make the low mark on the hill from poor traction and poor engine and clutching performance. So Congratulations on that one I've decided to hit the gym to make up for that 20lbs so my sleds can stay together for at least a year! Other than the extremely light Polaris rmk (which comes with a crappy engine and track combination and an abortion of a steering system) skidoo has been leading the RND pack for a very long time. Especially this year. They likely could have rode that T3 chassis out for another two years it was so far ahead in the mountain game compared to what's out there. Especially with the economy that's a pretty wicked move to drop all this new technology at once. Skidoo has facilities in the mountains specifically designed for research and development of these mountain sleds not Chris fawking Burandt saying give this thing some more flick ability and were a bit low on the instantaneous lift this year we better add a few more ponies but try to make it so it doesn't blow up[/QUOTE

I've been riding for 40 years. Never seen a older skidoo touch a cat. Fouled plugs. Hard starting. Engines blow and Short blocks at 2000 km. inferior motors in every way. Not till the etec came out did skidoo have a reliable sled. Mountain cats and King cats ran the hills. Fire cats ran the drags. Cats had motors with cranks that would last forever. I ride at least 6000 km per year. Some years 10,000. There's know way a old skidoo would last. The new etec 800 is a decent motor. But doo still a less durable engine than a cat. Lots of etecs going down at 6000 km. Personally I really like my xm. The advantage of A 16" wide track can be seen everyday and I'm a big guy. The one thing I really dislike about skidoo is the followers. The Im better than you attitude of gay-doo followers drives me nutz. The good thing is I ride areas where no others go so I onlty see that on here.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding for 40 years. Never seen a older skidoo touch a cat. Fouled plugs. Hard starting. Engines blow and Short blocks at 2000 km. inferior motors in every way. Not till the etec came out did skidoo have a reliable sled. Mountain cats and King cats ran the hills. Fire cats ran the drags. Cats had motors with cranks that would last forever. I ride at least 6000 km per year. Some years 10,000. There's know way a old skidoo would last. The new etec 800 is a decent motor. But doo still a less durable engine than a cat. Lots of etecs going down at 6000 km. Personally I really like my xm. The advantage of A 16" wide track can be seen everyday and I'm a big guy. The one thing I really dislike about skidoo is the followers. The Im better than you attitude of gay-doo followers drives me nutz. The good thing is I ride areas where no others go so I onlty see that on here.[/QUOTE]

inferior motors??? 670??? 700???? if i remember correctly back in the day most of the mods were built on ski doo chassis with BB 670 based engines....maybe with time my memory is wrong

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding for 40 years. Never seen a older skidoo touch a cat. Fouled plugs. Hard starting. Especially in the 800 cc. Cats have been bomb proof. now skidoo did have a few decent engines. Not till the etec came out did skidoo have a really reliable sled. Mountain cats and King cats ran the hills. Fire cats ran the drags. Cats had motors with cranks that would last forever. I ride at least 6000 km per year. Some years 10,000. There's know way a old skidoo would last. The new etec 800 is a decent motor. But doo still a less durable engine than a cat. Lots of etecs going down at 6000 km. Personally I really like my xm. The advantage of A 16" wide track can be seen everyday and I'm a big guy. The one thing I really dislike about skidoo is the followers. The Im better than you attitude of gay-doo followers drives me nutz. The good thing is I ride areas where no others go so I only see that on here.

inferior motors??? 670??? 700???? if i remember correctly back in the day most of the mods were built on ski doo chassis with BB 670 based engines....maybe with time my memory is wrong[/QUOTE

Trying to be a biased as maxwell

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing I really dislike about skidoo is the followers. The Im better than you attitude of gay-doo followers drives me nutz. The good thing is I ride areas where no others go so I onlty see that on here.

I think that hits the nail on the head. For me.. I can say I love my sled.. without feeling the need to put a different brand down. I can tell you what I love about my sled, how it handles etc.. without having to bash another brand. Maybe it's just me.. but if people are so intent upon bashing.. perhaps they aren't confident enough in their own brand and need to over compensate by bashing other brands..

This DR Philys moment brought to you by.. Momma..

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding for 40 years. Never seen a older skidoo touch a cat. Fouled plugs. Hard starting. Engines blow and Short blocks at 2000 km. inferior motors in every way. Not till the etec came out did skidoo have a reliable sled. Mountain cats and King cats ran the hills. Fire cats ran the drags. Cats had motors with cranks that would last forever. I ride at least 6000 km per year. Some years 10,000. There's know way a old skidoo would last. The new etec 800 is a decent motor. But doo still a less durable engine than a cat. Lots of etecs going down at 6000 km. Personally I really like my xm. The advantage of A 16" wide track can be seen everyday and I'm a big guy. The one thing I really dislike about skidoo is the followers. The Im better than you attitude of gay-doo followers drives me nutz. The good thing is I ride areas where no others go so I onlty see that on here.

inferior motors??? 670??? 700???? if i remember correctly back in the day most of the mods were built on ski doo chassis with BB 670 based engines....maybe with time my memory is wrong[/QUOTE]
The rotary valve 670 was a great engine, the 700 twin not so much. A crank and a new crate engine in one short season, single ring piston ate rings like a fat kid at A&W. Early 800 twin doos were hard on rings and pushed crank seals frequently. The subsequent 600 HO in the 04 X Pkg was a great engine, though. Early 800 HO engines were good till about 07, SDI 600 was good, 1000 SDI was a POS. Etech has been very good for the most part. Polaris 600 / 700 pretty solid, 800 & 900's were a POS for reliability (2013-up 800's seem to be hanging in there) Yamaha's 4S was bulletproof until the boost was cranked up a bit too far, Phazer's 4S was the same deal. Cat 700 & 900 were solid, prior to the laydown twin the 700 & 800 were hit and miss, M8 laydown twin was reliable, didn't really have any ponies until the 2010 HO, M1000's were a brute, kinda hit and miss depending on mods / maintenance.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap I could seriously only get through 3 pages of this before zoning out...
MAXWELL... my friend.. you need to think this through... hypothetically speaking.. if all of us.. everyone on earth were to become so enchanted by your doo bravado we indeed started chugging the doo laid, as you seem to want.. your life would be over as you know it.
1. You wouldn't have anyone to poke prod and antagonize.. we'd all be the same.. doo drones.. nothing different.. you wouldn't stand out or be unique
2. If all of us caved into one manufacturer.. Doo would have a monopoly.. now what do you think the Quebec-ois Ski Doo would do with that? Yes.. correct.. jump the prices to the point that only a few could afford such a luxury.. and no other manufacturer would exist so... you would lose riding friends... have no friends... and you would become depressed and lonely.. and all alone...

You're welcome... I for one am thankful not a lot changed with the Axys it freakin works.. is rock solid.. and wicked fun to ride! . Dirt bike manufacturers have it right in my opinion. Very little changes, rock solid units that really require no warranty because nothing every requires warranty. Solid R and D.. Solid Units.. and very little change from year to year... creating consistency.

If you're feeling lonely Maxwell.. reach out for a hug brotha.. we're here for you.
View attachment 195431

Mom calm the fawk down I'm just joking around stop yelling at me

Top Bottom