sway bar quick disconnect

cooper

Reaction score
Hay sledders whats the poop do i need 1 or 2 of these quick disconnect links or are they a waist of $$$$ thanks for any input.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a number of posts on these, do a search to get more opinions.

I am assuming you are riding an XP from your pic, 08/09 pull out the sway bar completely. Unless you ride %90 trail, you won't miss it.

Many people start out with one sway bar disconnect, it becomes a pain, they ice up, and then they just ditch the sway bar all together.

The 2010 had a lighter sway bar, and people still take it out.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste the money, just disconnect it and leave it disconnected. only two bolts per side if you need to put it back for a trail ride.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else says don't waste you money, take if off. You can always install the quick disconnect later...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so does a guy do 1 side or both?..I heard you only need 1 side done.

One side works if you really wanted to run a disconnect. The other side stays attached, and basically floats as its no longer attached at one end.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a 97 Summit, and a 2000 RMK. The first thing that would come out, is the sway bar. It would never go back in after that. I just purchased an older Rev, and someone was good enough to do it for me. If I wanted a sway bar, I wouldn't be riding a mountain sled. IMO

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay sledders whats the poop do i need 1 or 2 of these quick disconnect links or are they a waist of $$$$ thanks for any input.

Get rid of the quick disconnsct links and the bar their linked to drop some weight cheers:beer::d

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. They are there just to make independent front suspensions a little bit less independent. :)

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics plz. or is it a secret. cuz that one disconnect peice is like 70 bux. ill give you 5 for your secret

Just take them out that was the first thing to go when I pick mine up from Martin M/S:beer:

Attachments

• 162 Rev (6).jpg
    162 Rev (6).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 233

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeebus....I must be the only guy that can ride an XP with the swaybar in and functioning. just too mushy without it IMO.....I bought a stainless steel disconnect with an external spring and used it twice, never found it any different in the pow and a 100X worse on the trail going in or out.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeebus....I must be the only guy that can ride an XP with the swaybar in and functioning. just too mushy without it IMO.....I bought a stainless steel disconnect with an external spring and used it twice, never found it any different in the pow and a 100X worse on the trail going in or out.

ya i agree with this. my 2010 still has it in. and i can throw it around great.

and on the trail i tried disconnecting the bar and it just wanted to roll over in every corner.

i will probly leave it in. just wanted to have the option

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i agree with this. my 2010 still has it in. and i can throw it around great.

and on the trail i tried disconnecting the bar and it just wanted to roll over in every corner.

i will probly leave it in. just wanted to have the option
have you ridden an '08 or '09? if so, did you notice a big difference in powder handling from your '10 with the different skid geometry?

Top Bottom