summer e-tech mods

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice on what works and what dosen't for overall performance.

overall performance, why dink around with a $6-700 pipe set for 3-4hp on the top end.... just get some 7 tooth drivers and a 3" track and be done with it. In the powder it will be like bolting on extra 15hp or more.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
overall performance, why dink around with a $6-700 pipe set for 3-4hp on the top end.... just get some 7 tooth drivers and a 3" track and be done with it. In the powder it will be like bolting on extra 15hp or more.

The pipes are actually quite reasonably priced. $490.00 for a ceramic coated single.

Deano

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hope so!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pipes are actually quite reasonably priced. $490.00 for a ceramic coated single.

Deano

The pipe is very reasonably priced compared to the Dynoport which is between $700-$800 for the coated one. It works just as good IMO.:d:beer:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my main point is, yea mayby there reasonable, but your not really going to notice any diffrence. 4-5hp in the midrange aint gonna make or break yea in the mountains. And if these setups are throwing codes, well this is just a PIA!!. 3" track, pull n go.

If i had a etec coming my way, it would be a turbo or 3" track as a first upgrade, pending dollars avalible right.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my main point is, yea mayby there reasonable, but your not really going to notice any diffrence. 4-5hp in the midrange aint gonna make or break yea in the mountains. And if these setups are throwing codes, well this is just a PIA!!. 3" track, pull n go.

If i had a etec coming my way, it would be a turbo or 3" track as a first upgrade, pending dollars avalible right.

Until someone builds a pull and pin it Turbo kit they are going to continue to be a pain in the azz to keep running reliably every trip to the hill. The track does work well although I am not a huge fan of 7 tooth drivers. They are the economical way to go but the proper way is to go with the extended chaincase like Racers Edge sets them up but then you are looking at big coin. The pipe does perk the ETEC up but you are right, the track will be more beneficial in deep pow. :d:beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If I had enough money to play around with, I would big bore and 3" track my sled. But for now, I'll just pipe, clutch, and gear it. Ride it for another year, and get a new one.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Bottom