Strathcona County

STALL

Reaction score
I have read some about how the county is dealing with the sledders. I can tell every one is frustrated with how it is all pannking out. I grew up out in the ministic area and I used to ride all over creation there. I hate to say it but I think with the housing boom in the county there has been a lot of people that have moved out there. With that there have been plenty of picky people moveing out.

I have also read some about guys that are running from the cops. I would not recoment it. I have also had a friend that has lost his licence after getting caught. Plus I read one person say that will only anger the cops. I think that person is right. we want to bea able to work with them.

My experience over the years is that the bird watchers that want to protect Ministic dont want anything to be happening in the sanctuary, other than them out there watching birds. I hate grouping people together but the bird watchers are the problem. they hate sleds quads and even horses. I think they are being ignorant and greedy.

I was at the meeting at Ministic School about opening RR214. I was floored when a guy got up and asked about the impact the sleds have with the birds nesting...........the last time I checked there are no large birds that nest in he winter around here. there is chickadees, magpies, and ravens. they will not be effected by sleds. In any case my jaw hit the floor when that statement was made. I can understand noise issues and irresponasble users. But we can work together with the county and cops to resolve them.

LET ME KNOW WHAT EVERY ONE THINKS.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the meeting too. Like you said people are moving out there and then they complain about the sleds. In Mcbride sledders are fighting with the heli skiers and because they were there first they are getting first rights to the hills. If the same logic was applied here then the people moving out to the country should have to put up with sleds riding in the ditches. There are no birds nesting in the winter or laying eggs, when the summer comes you can`t see any sign of a track/trace of a sled. So as long as the loud pipes are under control, and speeding is kept down, I can`t see it being a problem. I lived in the county a few years ago and rode then, but now I`m in the west end and still see a need to help fight for the right to ride in stratcona county.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Mcbride it is the caribou that we are losing area to, and your right it is because they were here first and need room to grow?????

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Mcbride it is the caribou that we are losing area to, and your right it is because they were here first and need room to grow?????
I`m sure I hit the last Caribou with my truck on the way home so everything should be good now...J/K greenies.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stupid thing about heli skiers is that they can get back into any area with the helicopter...why do they need to hassle the sledding areas when they have tons of other areas to ski???

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stupid thing about heli skiers is that they can get back into any area with the helicopter...why do they need to hassle the sledding areas when they have tons of other areas to ski???
they want the best areas just like us sledders,lol, It was explained to me that the heli skiers didn`t have to worry about sledders 10 years ago because we couldn`t get back into the remote areas they ski in. Now with the bigger sleds we are in their area, sorry the same area as they are. I don`t believe they pay for the hill and it is crown property so we should all be allow to play on the hills.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heli operaters don't like us because they have to burn more fuel to get to more remote areas, cuts into profits.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that makes them superior to us how?!

We burn fuel too, out of our own pockets, how much fuel are we going to have to pack to get to the same areas they can fly in what, ten minutes?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that makes them superior to us how?!

We burn fuel too, out of our own pockets, how much fuel are we going to have to pack to get to the same areas they can fly in what, ten minutes?
Easy turbo, I'm not defending them, just saying what they think.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Man That Sucks, Where Did You Hit The 4 Leged Friend? Did It Do Lots Of Damage?
If your referring to my post I was only joking...Like BBtoys told me no ones see a caribou in Mcbride for a very long time except for one that got lost and wondered into town. I was just trying to be funny in saying that I killed the last remaining caribou so now we don`t have to worry about their habitat.:D

Top Bottom