stopping at BC scales

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to stay within your GVWR. Unless you are running commercial plates it does not matter what your GVW is.

Sorry but the way I interpret what he is saying here is if i do not have commercial plates I can do what ever I want. I understand that you can not exceed your vehicle GVWR. But what he is saying can be miss interpreted

fmx

Reaction score
U MUST STAY WITHIN YOUR GVWR WHEN TOWING OR HAULING FOR PERSONAL OR RV USE..... a typical 1 ton truck here in b.c would only be registered with a 4700 kgs GVW ( ballpark) unless you are using it for commercial there would be no real reason to up your GVW because when you are towing for person use you have to stay within the trucks GVWR.(GVW does not matter in the situation) The original post was simply asking if he would have to stop at the scales in B.C and the anwser is "no".

xteam

Reaction score
we had to stop once DOT's were doing checks had to pull off our signal light covers, and another guy was having to fix some lights.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wowo thought this one died.

DOT = department of transport. They can pull you over with 37 axles or just 2. They can put you on the side of the road. If you are in a commercial anything ,and normally would cross, being paid at that time , you are required to cross an open scale. Just my :twocents:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think Buddy should stop in at the scales and hand over his weed. LOL

I think that would be a bad idea.Some of the scale guys I've had contact with had already smoked way too much...:d

Top Bottom