Stolen Sleds Section - All in favour say "yes"

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much need a stolen sled section with all the hands grabbing other people's stuff these days. I know Ron is a busy man, maybe he can build us one, just need the section title and one area for each manufacturer (and maybe one for the trailers?). Peeps can post pics, info, etc. That way if someone is looking at buying a new Poo/Doo/Cat/Yammy, they can browse that section and see if anything looks like the one they are purchasing. If they find something similar, then they could email the member and get a serial number or anything specific to that sled that only the owner would be able to tell.

One thing I really advocate people do is affix something or engrave something permanent into your sled on an inconspicuous location that only you know about (black sharpie is not permanent). I won't tell you my secret (I will tell you I use an electric engraver....:)) but something like taking a hammer and pointed punch and putting some dimples along the edge of the belly pan in one corner, your initials under the motor on the bulkhead etc, where only you know they are, can be key in identifying your sled if it's stolen (or even parts if they are sold individually). Put them somewhere they are not going to rub off. They don't have to be big markings, they just have to be there and be legible/discernible so they cannot be mistaken for a scratch that looks like a "T" or an "L". ;)

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good idea!Posting pics and doing a check on there before you buy a used sled is a good idea too!!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to ensure has tow vehicles as sometimes trailer and truck stolen with it

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what I would like to see inthat section is a one or two page list of stolen sleds - their basic description and an identifier. If all of us had this list, it might be tough for the thieves to use the common sled areas.

An example wold be my stolen sled - 2004 rev, orange, no reverse, 144 track, last three digits of sn is 144

give everyone one line to work with to describe thier sled in order to keep the list manageable

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what I would like to see inthat section is a one or two page list of stolen sleds - their basic description and an identifier. If all of us had this list, it might be tough for the thieves to use the common sled areas.

An example wold be my stolen sled - 2004 rev, orange, no reverse, 144 track, last three digits of sn is 144

give everyone one line to work with to describe thier sled in order to keep the list manageable

Are you thinking like a PDF list that you could print off and take to the hill/parking lot with you? if so, not a bad idea. I will even volunteer to compile such a list from the forum section.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GRD
Top Bottom