Still stuck, cant get out

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to stir anything up Modman but 80+% of the peeps on this site would call that a point and shoot sled,Doo crew or not. Yes there are guys that can dangle with them but those guys are in the minority more than the majority. Just sayn'.......:):beer:

I have enough respect for you to not debate this much further, but I will say this: I would agree with Shawnmc that 80% of the peeps haven't ridden one and don't have the balls to get on and ride one either. Why is it peeps always compare to the crowd on Boulder like its the universal standard? Not too much boondocking to do at the Airport, Bullpen or Monster....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have enough respect for you to not debate this much further, but I will say this: I would agree with Shawnmc that 80% of the peeps haven't ridden one and don't have the balls to get on and ride one either. Why is it peeps always compare to the crowd on Boulder like its the universal standard? Not too much boondocking to do at the Airport, Bullpen or Monster....

Hey its all good. I think Revy is viewed as the western Canadian mecca for mountain sledding. There is a good cross section of riders from BC, Alberta, Sask and Washington. It is the "destination" area for most. Boulder has good climbing, good tree riding and good boon docking all in one sweet package a couple km out of town with world class groomed trails to the alpine. I personally am not interested in owning a 600 lb turbo sled and I don't hold it against those that do as some of them are great friends of mine. To each there own. I just think the average guy that wants to go to the mountains, put in a weekend of riding and not wear himself out to much will go the lighter, nimbler 2 stroke route. This is backed up by sales numbers of all the manufacturers. Thats my point Modman.:):beer: Cheers!

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Point and shoot sled? You must be part of the Doo crew if you think that boosted 4 strokes are only for point and shoot. Ride with and seen a boosted sled in trees tighter than most guys would ever ride, on more than one occassion. A good rider can take a boosted sled where everyone else takes their 2 strokes.
Sorry I must have hit a soft spot and yes they are a point and shoot sled any thing you point it at it will climb, I never mentioned anything about not being able to boondock with these sled's as i have boondocked with one and man is it a work out. I ride a boosted poo and love it in the tree's, but would love to have a high powered yamii to slay some crazy ch!t and at 12G's i wouldn't care if rolls down a chute or even smashes off some tree's . Sorry for not explaining as I'd love have one in my arsenal to ride :focus: We need some more info on this sled muffin as it might get taken off your hands:frusty:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it peeps always compare to the crowd on Boulder like its the universal standard? Not too much boondocking to do at the Airport, Bullpen or Monster....

lol this is what i was thinking... guys must be hardcore if you can concour boulder mountian. Did i just say that outloud. :d

FYI... pretty easy to boondock 600lbs through the trees if there is +3ft of pow, chris brown or not! :smiliestirthepot:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wtf! there is no 700lb yamaha riding technical trees end of story. not physically possible.

yes chris brown is doing it. but he is a trained professional athlete that hits the hill 150+ days a year. so hes not your average joe.

define trees. dodging a spruce bow on a chute climb is not tree riding.

carving left and right through a wallmart parking lot sized meadow with 10 trees is not technical tree riding.

this is why we have 4 strokes and 2 strokes. 2 strokes for the technical riders and 4 strokes for the big climbers.

differnt styles for different people. no wrong or right with either but i dont pretend my xp goes up any of those friggn chutes in revy not a chance not what its built for. so dont pretend yor 900lb apex is going to come down into the spooky trees! never happens. ever. never will. i sit at the bottom of the big chutes and say not a fawkin chance ill stay right here and watch you do it. and yes it is amazing to watch.

they are built for different purposes. as with anything where the 3 cirlces meet there is a little crossover area where yes there are a select few who try to dip there sleds into a little bit of all styles of riding.

i love hopping on a 300hp nytro and taking it for a few pokes. gets the blood flowing. but its not my territory so i dont own one simply because it doesnt work where i ride. so heres your sled back that was fun for a few minutes.

and i dont know where you guys are getting 600lbs from. my xp full of snow and fluids is 600lbs. try 800lbs more like. and ists not even the weight. the throttle response and turbo lag is not capable of technical riding maneuvers.

sorry for the highjack good luck selling your sled. lets see some pics and details already.

Last edited:

muffin

Reaction score
Mr maxwell! I probally still can ride the 700 pound apex in the trees , At 56 years old , some of you guys might not want to follow . It has no lag is not built as a point and shoot sled but if you were to ask around at revel stoke some of the other old guys can atest to where this sled was ridden . Just saying . enough crap on here already

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr maxwell! I probally still can ride the 700 pound apex in the trees , At 56 years old , some of you guys might not want to follow . It has no lag is not built as a point and shoot sled but if you were to ask around at revel stoke some of the other old guys can atest to where this sled was ridden . Just saying . enough crap on here already

wheres the info on this magical machine.

muffin

Reaction score
It was a highly maintained machine looks and runs like new , have been trying to sell but tend to shy away from this site will add info later

muffin

Reaction score
Ok , it is a 2006 apex Alpine turbo kit , talk to dean at alpine about maintence, i used to remove engine just to clean chassis, New turbo old one was stolen while at a dealer for maintence, not Alpine. The chassis was redone after one year of use , not necesarry was still like new ! At that time a long chain case was added one piece tunnel, baker skid,162 camo track,pilot skis, baker front susension, air shocks, alpine gas rack,there is probally more stuff . Racers edge in Dewinton put it together. That would Be Darrel and Lance , I used to work there long time ago. Ask Darrel about the sled and how it was ridden , we used to be riding partners. 403 2548686 . Originally Nick from Vernon yamaha put the kit in and set it up, Ask Randy Swensen about that process , he helped with that process , Thanks Randy, We used to ride together long time ago too, he knows the sled and my riding and maintence habits. Also one could ask NM , about the sled , how it was ridden and maintained , rode with his crew too. Ask Dave at powder lites in sicamous he seen and ridden the sled , i used to live in the moose the apex got ridden at Queest lots , in all the technical stuff . Dave sold me the kit supossedly it can run 26 lbs boost. dont no , all i ever needed was 15 lbs that was LOTS! in the trees . About 50 G invested in the sled would like 12 g or close. was not ridden last year , sat at Alpine all winter , had dropped it off for maintenence then went south to ride my bike, Dusty Danser brought it back for me in the spring , no trailer anymore , Thanks Dusty! dont know how to post pictures on here but call if interested 403 8031295 the little woman can send pictures maybe she can figure this thing out. and post them here

muffin

Reaction score
Snopro guy if you are who i think you are shame on you if not sorry for ansering this i normally dont get into this crap, If you are who i think you are remember when some had to ride your sled up a little hill it was the back side of queest. If you are not this guy disregaurd this and acept my apoligies

muffin

Reaction score
207.jpg This is the apex muffin and me at Revelstoke

Top Bottom