Stigmas against lifted and/or diesel trucks...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like lifted trucks, lots of Guys and Gals that drive them, work and/or play in the Bush. Makes more sense than a low rider in Canada don't you think? Its winter 8 months of the year for Fawk sakes..lol Most guys with slip tanks in the back use them for work,, or for taking free diesel from work. Sure some A holes drive lifted trucks, but A holes drive all kinds of different vehicles too. Im not a fan of stacks, but each to there own.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmm hmm sure, yep that's why I did mine. Hard as fawk. And you know what, generally when I want something done I take it to the shop. Frees up more of my time to do what I like. Usually involves acting cool and drawing attention in my lifted truck. Sounds like you resent some of the oil money maybe? Tell you what, all my toys are paid off but if I had a payment, what's it to you?
Don't be so sensitive, nowhere in my post do I single you out nor do I try to. You asked why the stigma and I gave my opinion on why it exists. I also take my junk to the shop sometimes but I have a good idea what was done and why. I actually know a thing or two about making things fast and am tired of hearing about stage 3 this or full race that when they have no idea what they're talking about and just spouting off whatever the sales guy told them. I have no resentment towards oil money, some people make a lot of it and some people just want to look like they make a lot of it. Generally the ones with the most flash are trying the hardest to put on the look of money and carry the attitude with it too.

Your Dodge was a really nice looking truck and I have complimented you on it in the past.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dislike when guys throw their own personal opinion out like it's a hard fact. On second thought, maybe I took it a bit personal. I'm not going to lie and say I ripped apart my motor and built a custom shortblock in my garage or mapped out my fueling on my laptop. But that's not a bad thing... I guess it is if you're spouting off about it like you built it.

And as for payments. Maybe a guy buys a Duramax at 0% interest for 84 months. Makes way more sense to invest any additional income in the market. Better return on that.

Billydozer56

Reaction score
Free fuel is a great if you have a job where you can get it.

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if you hate lifted trucks, this is pretty sweet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412955923.406748.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412955942.290390.jpg

Last edited:

c_nelson99

Reaction score
far worse that any white oakley wearing coal rolling douche with a lift is the knob putting HID lights in non projector housings blinding everyone with his un-focussed light

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
far worse that any white oakley wearing coal rolling douche with a lift is the knob putting HID lights in non projector housings blinding everyone with his un-focussed light
Reported that for not staying on topic. Pretty sure there's 16 light threads.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with all the hate for lifted trucks, especially diesels?

Seems like a lot of people just despise the guys with diesel trucks if they don't use every remaining ounce of GVRW or pulling power everyday. Some guys just prefer the sound and feel of a bigger truck with some compression ignition for power. They also have larger cabs and beefier components and may hold up better in an accident. And so much easier to make power with tuners etc. I don't condone rolling excess coal but the tunes these days are getting much cleaner and the cops are cracking down. Anybody can be an idiot, you don't need a diesel blowing black smoke to be one.

A lot of guys are also judging others on driving diesels because they are so pricey to purchase and maintain. How does that affect them? Not in the least. It's not like you're paying their bills.

And as for lifted trucks that aren't raced in the baja or mudded every weekend, why the hate there? I kind of relate it to turbo'd sleds. Most guys who are boosted sure as heII aren't racing hillclimbs or pulling gnarly chutes everytime they're out. And that's no biggie, more power to you, literally.

I agree there are guys out there who are dumb a$ses who own lifted diesels, wear backward hats, white Oaks, tatties hanging out the window, ball sack on the hitch, Polaris on the back blowing smoke everywhere but no need to stereotype everyone. :beer:

Can say the same about a muscle or sports car that never sees a track. so its ok to daily drive a corvette, viper, ferrari and everything in between but not ok to daily drive a lifted truck? yah ok. dont hate for me not using my truck to its full potential when you never use your car to its full potential.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can say the same about a muscle or sports car that never sees a track. so its ok to daily drive a corvette, viper, ferrari and everything in between but not ok to daily drive a lifted truck? yah ok. dont hate for me not using my truck to its full potential when you never use your car to its full potential.
Bit of difference between buying a vehicle off the lot and running it stock vs spending thousands on mods and never using them.

Top Bottom