Stigmas against lifted and/or diesel trucks...

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 347 strokin posted your best selfie. Shouldn't assume all are like ones self.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha it's my username for everything. Used to have a built for nitrous 347 stroker Fox body...ever since, I've been strokin'. And I guess I have a Powerstroke now. Weird.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda like my username but i have started changing it. It was with regards to a 69 Chev truck but... well I'm not blind lol. Whatever though. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Billydozer56

Reaction score
This is a funny thread to follow. i'm just an stock F150 guy, one of the hundred of thousands, it's a boring truck with no personality. I like about it, 120000km on it so far, its has not cost me a thing, not one problem. thats what i like in a truck. I have lots of friends with lifted diesel trucks, 10 years ago it was lowered honda civics and other front drive cars. Call it a fad or a status symbol. Have at it! what ever blows your hair back. I like seeing guys do custom stuff to there Vehicles. Anyone can be a Douch bag, it don't matter if you drive a truck, car, quad lol

It would be a boring world if it was full of guys like me driving around in Stock F-150's.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a funny thread to follow. i'm just an stock F150 guy, one of the hundred of thousands, it's a boring truck with no personality. I like about it, 120000km on it so far, its has not cost me a thing, not one problem. thats what i like in a truck. I have lots of friends with lifted diesel trucks, 10 years ago it was lowered honda civics and other front drive cars. Call it a fad or a status symbol. Have at it! what ever blows your hair back. I like seeing guys do custom stuff to there Vehicles. Anyone can be a Douch bag, it don't matter if you drive a truck, car, quad lol

It would be a boring world if it was full of guys like me driving around in Stock F-150's.

Is your F150 white?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be getting old I used to think lifted loud smoke billowing diesels were so cool. I had many lifted trucks and I'm sure loving a fully functional stock vehicle. No more drop hitches and extended sled deck ramps. Still love the look of a clean lifted truck but the only thing i dislike about the ones in the road are the cummins with no muffler. Loud annoying and it doesn't even sound good how can you think that sounds good?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a lot to be said for functionality. I run a sled deck year round so I lose a lot of that anyways. And hey, the Fords have that super cool step in the tail gate now. :rolleyes:

I just love the ride and view of the road in a lifted truck. And the looks are killer. But like you Maxwell, it's got to be a clean look. Can't stand the look when a truck has every chrome Lund accessory on their rig. But like what was mentioned earlier, whatever blows your hair back.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah straight pipe Cummins are brutally loud and how the hell does a guy drive that on the highway? Drone city right there.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lifted diesels are the new rice rocket. It's often a bunch of young guys looking for attention and trying to show how hard and cool they are. Generally they have no idea about how any of it works they just drop it off at the shop and tell them to call when it's douchified and ready for pick up. Oh and "how much is my payment on that?"

I see very few nice, clean looking lifted diesels. Most are tacky as hell.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 inch rancho and nothing else.
No chips or loud exhaust
Looks like how it should have came from the factory. You appear to be missing black wheels, bushwacker flares, and monster/metal mulisha stickers though. Oh and it's not black and you don't have led tail lights.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lifted truck for two reasons.
I work in the oilfield and drive a Dmax so I need to lift it to get the frame off the ground.
I live in Alberta where snow removal is lack luster at best in most cities, drive a Dmax and I need the lift to get the frame off the snow when driving in the ruts.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess. But if I think to hard about it that's like taking my truck that doesn't sag now. Making it sag. Then spending more money to make it do what it did before

stop thinking about it so hard, problem solved.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice that's what I want to do to mine. Does it sag now that it's level with sleds on the deck?

I do have air bags Sean and have 1 inch bigger blocks in the back.
What is nice is to load up machines and adjust front end to desired ride height before you do wheel alignment .

Forgot to add also I run fox shocks and still great condition .
This truck has been excellent and not one problem.
125 k and still same brakes and everything is as new as far as front end.
I do grease a lot thou as so easy to do.
Was going to replace with new one but going to keep and upgrade my 1/2 ton to 6.6 box for work.
Keep one ton for sleds and pulling .

Last edited:

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lifted diesels are the new rice rocket. It's often a bunch of young guys looking for attention and trying to show how hard and cool they are. Generally they have no idea about how any of it works they just drop it off at the shop and tell them to call when it's douchified and ready for pick up. Oh and "how much is my payment on that?"

I see very few nice, clean looking lifted diesels. Most are tacky as hell.

Mmm hmm sure, yep that's why I did mine. Hard as fawk. And you know what, generally when I want something done I take it to the shop. Frees up more of my time to do what I like. Usually involves acting cool and drawing attention in my lifted truck. Sounds like you resent some of the oil money maybe? Tell you what, all my toys are paid off but if I had a payment, what's it to you?

Top Bottom