St Paul/ Elk Point

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone Here What The Snow Is Like In These Areas I Am Heading There This Weekend.

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
parents live by derwent, snow is pretty good, was out there ridin on new years and there was more than enough to have a good ride, ditches were really good, they've got more snow since then

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you going to be in Elk Point or St.Paul, also it will be pretty cold on Saturday -26 is the forecast. I plan on going on Sunday, I am close to the Myrnam bridge, close to the community pasture snow is decent here and lots of trails and area to go out nothing to do 50 miles here or more.

chucker

Reaction score
Hey Blastoff, have you heard of the Myrnam rally on Feb. 16. A dealer in St. Paul told me about it. I am trying to organize the weekend to ride in the Mrynam rally on Sat. and the St.Paul rally on Sun. I have a cabin at Lac Sante and ride St. Paul and Two Hills trails all the time. I didn't know about the trails at Mrynam.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do know about the Myrnam rally but I will be in the mountains that weekend, leaving next Wednesday. From the Beauvallon cabin crossing site to Myrnam is about 14-16 miles, there are a couple of ways to get there. The rally goes from Myrnam to Derwent then back north to the river, then to Myrnam cabin then back to the town of Myrnam. I rode the trail last year, from my place @ Lac Bellvue it was 84 miles return, we stop in derwent for pizza and beer. As of now the snow is better on the north side of the river. I road to Myrnam about 3 weeks ago conditions were not that great but you can do it, we really haven`t had any significant snow since then. I probably seen you guys about 2 weeks ago at the crossing if you were there. There were approx. 32 machines there on that Saturday, a bunch from Lac Sante, Two Hills, Edmonton and other guys/women. Also that day a family of four came to my place @ 4:30 pm and were lost didn`t know where they were and wanted to know how to get back to Lac sante they must have found there way back.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We Are By Elk Point We Have A Cabin At Lauer Lake There Are Some Really Good Cutlines And Trails Around There. We Normally Head North From Are Cabin To Garnear Lake, There Are Some Big Climbs And Rolling Hills Out There. Not Like The Mt But It Does The Job.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well We Found Some Good Snow Back By Garnier Lake, In Most Cutlines There Was 2 1/2 To 3 Feet Of Snow. It Was F%$king Cold But You Just Had To Dress For The Weather, I'm Not About To Pay 14 000 For A Sled And Let It Sit In The Garage Because It Is Too Cold. All In All Great Weekend.

Top Bottom