• Poll closed .

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many s&m members has a spot or similar safety device for avalanches

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am planning on getting one this year but am gonna wait for the spot 2 to come out. Anybody Know when they are supposed to be out

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a SPOT Quading, Sledding and in my truck, IMO they are priceless

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been seriously considering getting one lately. Piece of mind when 50 miles from the truck or broken down on a mountain road with no cell service.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one for quading ,camping and hunting.

nutma

Reaction score
yeah i got one and think its great i use it for fishing/hunting works great for seeing wear you were that day if you found a good hole. Also use it when out quading and sleding. I think it was bought more for my mom as to let her know that i am ok when i'm out and about.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had mine for a yaer now it is great lets the people who luv you know your ok and when your not ok.

remember guys they work in the bar too

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys, just to let you know you are better with the spot then a sat phone. I have had my own sat phone since 2004 and always ride, travel all over the world with it and my first year in the mountians with it in 2008/09 season and noticed that in some areas it doesn't have singnal, so it might be with who you are with or not. I am with global star and just thought I would let anyone that has one to check out service area. Thats the shiiiiitttts when you think your good and find out your not....So now I will get the spot just to make sure on double trouble......

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a Spot for two years. Cheap insurance...won't save your azz from a slide but if you are lost, a bone is stickin out your leg and your buds can't find you... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is this service free because I had the belief you had to subscribe [ $$$$ ] to this service. Is there any other kind of long-range radios that work good in the mountains?:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry but the green is hard on the eyes, not good.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Is this service free because I had the belief you had to subscribe [ $$$$ ] to this service. Is there any other kind of long-range radios that work good in the mountains?:d

The cost per year is less the .30 cents per day, about 150 to purchace depending on where you go!!!...as I said cheap insurance.

Sat phone iffy at best...$$$ to buy and make a call or two $$$ :eek:

Ya...ps green sux to read. :d

Top Bottom